News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

History

Started by al_hamza, December 10, 2003, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibro2g

wishing for dreams that have never been, blinded by prejudice since childhood, guided by a heavy heart, guilt of the brain ladies and gentlemen Our latest specimen, Danbanza Reloaded, :D :P Welkom to Kanoonline, no! this is kanoonline ::)
Safety and Peace

Muhammad

Salam all.
For one History is never written by the vanquished. The victors have that as a god given right. It is true that Abacha's regime killed, maimed and looted the Nigeria nation. what we tend to forget is the Abacha alone could not do that.
The Blame has to be shared equally by anyone who took a seat as a member of the PRC (provisional Ruling council) and stuck the regime to the end.
DanBanza has tried to make this look like a Muslim thing ( from his refering nigeria's lack of a just leaderin 26 yrs). ?Just for the avoidance of doubt, Buhari ruled Nigeria in that time span, and if you dont consider his tutelage of our nation as a good thing, then.......... yes you ought to take a vacation in siberia naked!

fact:

*Man for man, more people died during Obasanjos regime than Abacha's. hight profile gentle men like Ige, Marshall Harry, Okadigbo...... were all killed by well........... we all know.
*There is by far more incidents of robbery and general criminal violence now than abacha's time.
*There is, as Transparency international opined, more corruption in Nigeria now than at any other time.
* At now time did nigeria universities spend almost a year on strike due the ineptitude of its leaders.

In short Abacha is BAD but Obasanjo is in the same league if not WORSE.

Bissalam

lionger

The sad but very obvious fact is that if the late Sani Abacha were not a 'muslim' or a northerner, many of us here would not have a single good thing to say about him. Just look at the ridiculous excuses some of us are making on his behalf.

Amin, you said that all the bad things that happened during Abacha's regime should not pinned on him alone. Correct observation; but then y should we then credit him alone for the 'relatively good times' back then? Are we ready to give Obasanjo the same benefit of a doubt that we give Abacha?   And btw, Buhari's regime was by no means the best! Sure there was good to it, but bad too. I won't go into details but i think that murtala mohammed was the closest thing to a statesman that nigeria ever had.

And Ibro2g, as for Abacha's exploits in Sierra Leone and Liberia, I give him due credit, but as the saying goes, charity begins at home!