News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Strange Interesting Things 'Bout Northerners...

Started by Blaqueen, March 01, 2003, 01:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

oh yeah... that one week wedding thing.. could be mostly to brag... maybe lol..
another thing growing to be part of our culture..
we got, ladies night, sisters night, mothers night, luncheon, dinner reception, etc etc...
but i think it makes it more interesing and memorable...

plus the groom must know that he juss cant get a wife like that.. he has to prove he can handle it lol... and he has to sweat small small.. ;D
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Ibro2g

Kai fyne dyme...I thought u are nicer than that! You wouldn` want ur husband to sweat, will u?
Safety and Peace

ummita

Eva wondered...........y sum1 has 2 take off shoes when greatin town elders or village elders? Experienced it onces.........& I taut oh...northern culture!! How weird!!!!!!!!:-/
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Blaqueen

QuoteKai fyne dyme...I thought u are nicer than that! You wouldn` want ur husband to sweat, will u?

well... before u take rose, na by force thorn go chook u...

lol.. ummita.. i didnt notice that tho.. but now that i think of it... lol, its true!

fulani_queen

peeps take of their shoes juss to greet elderly people??????
meeennn.....i thought kneelin down was enough.... :-/

Blaqueen

Quotemeeennn.....i thought kneelin down was enough.... :-/

lol.. kya gaya masu...

Venom

Kids of now adays na wa so just to kneel down for like 5 sec na prob for u people.  
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

fulani_queen

QuoteKids of now adays na wa so just to kneel down for like 5 sec na prob for u people. ?

LOL!!!!!!.....waT wiLL we Do then?? ??....Tha KneelinG dowN is ThA "noRmaL" waY of GreeTING.
aLL i LEarNEd was IF U are Goin IN someONes HOuse, THEN u reMove ur shOES, buT NOt when U want TO gREET someOne. :-/

Anonymous

Kai  i dont think there is anywhere in the north where u have to remove shoe b4 greeeting the elders,unless if they are inside zaure and you want to pass through then you have to remove ur shoes and pass,but if they are outside i dont think so.

Eskimo

Well Kowa da ranarsa, Dattijan Garinku are moderate.
Gaskiya in our village that is what we do especially when you are greeting the villagehead or council of elders (mind you am not igbo but we have council of elders in my village);D

When you are married (I dont know if you are already) Akwai wasan kanin miji another strange  interesting thing bout us.
I am not married but i dont like wasan kanin miji. :-X
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

Eskimo

Well Kowa da ranarsa, Dattijan Garinku are moderate.
Gaskiya in our village that is what we do esp when you are greeting the villagehead or council of elders (mind you am not igbo but we have council of elders in my village);D

When you are married (I dont know if you are already) Akwai wasan kanin miji another strange  interesting thing bout us.
I am not married but i dont like wasan kanin miji. :-X
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

Kunta_Kinte

heyy u alllll............... u call all dis things STRANGE???????????????????   wow wow wow ......... ours is great great great nd da greatest........
          Blieve it or not..............

Fulanizzle

When you are married (I dont know if you are already) Akwai wasan kanin miji another strange ?interesting thing bout us.

yeah I heard of that too....mann I aint feelin that...its so so so wrong. Islamically ma how can ur bro inlaw or ur cousin inlaw be playin wit u and calling u ^MATARS^ or ^MATANMU^.....THATS just sick to the core! that ougtta be eliminated in the culture...

salam...
)

Anonymous

This is for the Notherners who wrote in this forum and somehow thaught that our culture is 'wierd' If you are not, you may skip it.

I think ya'll suck! (just an opinion)
You guys are not even ahamed of what you are saying about your cultures

What the Hell is wrong with kneeling down to greet your elders or removing your shoes when your are ENTERING INSIDE a place where they are? Perhaps you are in an environment where parents are not elders, where children make their choices no matter how evil they are, or in an environment where ''Freedom'' is the motto like Amrika.

Before you go far remember that your parents or grandparents ar even yourselves were raised in the north and with the culture.

Wasan kanin miji or what do you call it is not our culture. take note. That ppl do something dosn't mean its part of the culture......

shit I'm so pisssed off I can't write anymore but if you don't like something, better keep it to yourselves and don't come here and start bragging about the fact that you are in wherever you are or in a place without even culture.
Damn ya'll

kilishi

That wasan kanin miji suppose to be abolished in our society,'cos it leds to many problems,sometimes they dangin miji or kanin miji will use that opportunity to tell u rubbish,or sometimes the kani will use that to be too overbearing on u,i hate it ,i hate it ihate it :-[ :-[ :-[
ilishi