News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

African time

Started by kilishi, October 14, 2003, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilishi

You are invited to an event,on the card they wrote
-time  2:00 pm,u're ready by 1:30 to reach the place on time,to your surprise u're the first to arrive,even the celebrants are not there,ok u find a place and sit down waiting for the event to start,kafin ka ankara,agogon ka shoiwed four pm,asked wani a kusa dakai ba two event din zai fara ba sai yace maka ai African Time ne,Oh: so if u are invited next time and they write 10am it means you should go there by four pm,wai yaya za ayi avoiding irin wannan al'amari da ya zama ruwan dare not only on social circles har ma govt affairs.
ilishi

al_hamza

:) kilishi,
i have noticed, that the so-called african time happens everywhere, there are very few places that things start on time.
anyways i always set me watch 10mins early so i can reach a place within time,
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Sas

When some of my cousins got married, I saw the worst African time possible. First the card says 4 o'clock. Their husband wouldn't go to pick them up until around 9 PM. Thats when they would take their one hour bath and preparation before they finally arrive at the venue at around 11 PM. Then the celebration starts. But really this is not African time othher people especially the middle east, south america a co also do it.

it sucks!!!
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

Anonymous

uuuhhhhmmm i tell yu wot is really african time my cousins weedin there was this event that was dinner ohh god it was written in the card that its startin at 8pm to avoid that so called african time my mum and many of aunties did not attend any of that days even nway to cut the story short them my mum that were to get there at 7pm to welcome the guess did not get there till 10pm wot about the bride uuhhmm she did not get there till 12;30 wai yan matan ta refuse to let her go sai dai yan mazan ango suka biya(money) n it took them ages to decide................

Anonymous

african time is nown in niger peeps blood and there is noway we can avoid it,nigerians cant do with out african time and its every where.

Gimbiya

all of you are right about this African time thing. well here in the US we call it CPTime, it stands for Color People Time. here if you have a gathering and you said something like 6pm well all the white people will show at 6pm and the rest might show after the white people already call it a quit. but the nigerian time is the worst, most of the time I show up in places late but I called fashionably late but with a niaja person at 6pm that will be the time they will lay down for a nap. wake up around 9pm and show up at midnight.
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Anonymous

yo guys there is no way out of da time thing , aint no way 2 stop it WHY??

"COS IT'S IN DA BLOOD"

NOT EVEN DA CIVILIZED ONCE EVEN DA DAN KAUYE DE DO DA AFRICAN TYME SHIT.

it's all kool

IBB

GMT- Greenwitch meridean time
BMT- Black man time
IHS

Anonymous

Anonymous

:D :D ur rite ibb i like that BMT LALLAI KAM

Anonymous

Gaskiya wannan wata matsala ce da yakamata duba,what really cause dis african timism,don sometimes is disappointing,ka isa wuri ba mutane ko kuma a fara event din klate why not prepare on time ??? ???

*~MuDa~*

on foint op correction, it is not only AFRICAN TIME but also NIgerian time
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc