News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

B B AFRICA any lesson in it!!!???????????????

Started by kilishi, September 06, 2003, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilishi

Recently the programme that dominate the minds of most viewers is the big brother africa reality shoiw organised by south african producer,and has generate alot of controversy on its authencity and lack of value,to most viewers the show is nothing rather than an affront to western values and decency,while the organisers emphasise that the aim of the programme is to portray african culture andd tarasditions to the outside world,and to promote unity among africans,despite this critisms the show has over the months found many viewers who are addicted to thwe show,

What is your own opinion on this show
ilishi

dfynest

I have heard of it but have not seen it, but from what I gather it is an imitation of the Big Brother series from western TV. Just another side to our 'monkey see, monkey do' attitude.
Lessons? I see nothing to be gained from a show like that. It teaches nothing positive ?but moral depravity as far as I am concerned.
Comments I have heard alluded to some aspect of the show where the contestants all take a shower, at the same time, in full view of the cameras. What is African or representitive of African culture in that?
They have no sense of shame... and that is a big shame.

gogannaka

$100,000
                     X      144

Hmn! ni dai kam i see a lesson here.........don't you ???
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

IBB

the viewers r also doin the big brother too in their houses dont u think so
They sit at home and watch people sittin at home. isnt that stupidity
IHS