News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

sex education in the north

Started by Sanusi_Ali, July 15, 2003, 02:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimbiya

fulanicious, you are right we can't expect parents to be where their kids are at all times. but I also think that educating people will always do good to the community and enviroment. sometimes people make their biggest mistakes because they don't know not because they knew. as we all know knowledge is always the keys. I truly believe that sex education will not dilmiyar da yaran mu but will help them and teach aspects of life.
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

al_hamza

why experiment with new things?
when we all know the tradition, the culture we were brought up in,

i guess its much better to bring up our kids the way our fore-fathers have.

yes i agree the media is playing a huge role in spoiling our generations, in-fact the irony is "i was the first to bring this stuff to light in this forum, thats b4 i fought with ummita and stopped visiting kanoonline"......

we have to curtail them as a whole, Al-hamdulillah we live in muslim commuinities as such the whole society must make sure that our kids dont get easily get hold of materials that could spoil them,

remember, we will have to answer to Allah on the day of judgement for not guiding our children properly......

WALLAHI I CANT EVEN IMMAGINE TALKING TO MY SON OR DAUGHTER ABOUT SEX (THATS WHEN I HAVE THEM LOL).... BUT ANYWAYS if insha'Allah i do have them one day and i feel they need the "sex education" i'll send them to those of you that support it, so you could teach them,...... deal?
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

ummita

Quoteyes i agree the media is playing a huge role in spoiling our generations, in-fact the irony is "i was the first to bring this stuff to light in this forum, thats b4 i fought with ummita and stopped visiting kanoonline"......

ewoooooooooooooooooo,AL-HAMZA..........NI? :o Look @ u....all along I didnt know u was angry!!! (she laffs) Oh ma daysssss this is funni.....Allah ....sarki dan uwana.....kassam!!! ni I didnt fyt with yah.... :o So u stopped visitin cuz of me. :o lallai kana der aiki............so if ppl disagree with u, u will stop visitin a syt? (nawao). Ni all along I didnt know u was sooooo not appi! Had I known I wudhav dragged u bck ages ago! Man! u shud hav spoken up! It duznt tyk a dym off me 2 apologise esp wen I neva committed no crime ;) So  Alhamza, thousandddddddd apologies!....amman fa kawai juss bcus I disagree with ur reasonings :-/(she laffs) so u kan take issues  personal :o Anyway sorri sorri & a big SORRI

ok ok, bck 2 sex............issues, now who is in d best position 2 educate d kids? Ok Al-hamza if kids turn 2 media 4 enlightment then yeah it myt spoil em, however I also dont think its totally d teachers responsibility 2 tlk children about sex, rather 2 educate them of d dangers of it! Even we they r being highlighted........some just dont get their acts ryt! 4 those that hav already taken d wrong path.......they dont listen 2 simple instructions lyk........dont hav unprotected sex! nooooooo @ d end of d day, they end up as HIV patients or unwanted pregnancy cuz along. Cummon even in IRK (religious lessons) mallam said commitin adultery is haram! Even 4 d sake of religion I will sit my child down & knock it in2 her brain. So, Al-hamza, I think these sort of education shud b part & parcel of parental training....its up 2 d parents, 2 shed lyt 2 their kids on these sort of issues....I MYT(fair enuff) sit with my daugther & talk 2 her (u know, neva go 2 a guy & ish lyk that).....but that is if she has reached an adolscent age! I wud definately tlk 2 her.......u know! highlight her about d dangers of it healthwise & Islamically......because only then she will get the right message.....Cummon! children or teenagers cant rely on freinds 2 discuss such issues....then & there only!!!! they associate with d already spoilt & rotten onces ::) So I think sex education shud start ryt from home.........& not up 2 outsiders 2 tell ur child of d does & donts........& again children of nowadays dont need 2 know they already know wat we their grand parents do not know of, wen were barely their age anyway ::)!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

al_hamza

ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Anonymous

Da farko sun ce "a uzibillahi"see their mouth now.they are all replying,this people u be great controversy oh!!! :-/ :-Xb4 they crucify me,kowa daranarsa,unknown,ummita,halfsy and meadcros na me be. 8)

Twinkle

.......& again children of nowadays dont need 2 know they already know wat we their grand parents do not know of, wen were barely their age anyway ::)!

That is soooooooooooo trueeeeee

Mallam Alhamza there is a difference between Teach and educate. WHY CANT A FATHER EDUCATE HIS SON? ALOT OF HAUSA PEOPLE OBJECT TO IT. BUT WHY? ISLAMICALLY AS UMMITA SAID BA HARAMUN BANE IYAYE SU ILIMANTAR DA YARANSU. SO A FATHER CANNOT PREACH TO HIS CHILD ABOUT ADULTERY. :-/?
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Fulanizzle

salammmmmmmm beautiful people!

noo Al-HAMZA.......i didnt mean like tellin ur child....THE FIRST STEP TO MATING IS......THEN U....OH DONT FORGET TO......AND.,....
HELL NO! they can DISCOVER that for themselves after they marry,,,,

BUT WHAT I MEANT IS TELLING THEM.....*AISHA I DONT WANT U DO FUNNY THING WIth GUYZ* or tell them they have to wait till marriage....u have to teach them the risks and dangers....tell them the causes and effects of STD,,,AIDS....the consequences...u know teach them to HOLD themselves and not mix with the wrong crowd.... u feel me_

salam
)

Anonymous

So i am not wrong by starting this topic afterall. even Islamically....

i can see you guys are enjoying yourselves

sans

Eskimo

Sanusi u have started a nice thread. Only that the audience mostly Northerners think talking about sex is a taboo, let alone teaching your child.

Like what Fula said it does not mean telling that and this. It is just enlighten the son or daughter about STDs, early or unwanted pregnancy and above all putting the fear of Allah into their hearts.

Allah said "... do not be close to adultery..."

Our religion does not prohibit us from educating our children. Malam Hamza even if it means telling them, exactly what happens if there is a need to do that,ai ba kunya a koya addini.

The fact that is contrary to Hausa culture does does not make it haram afterall Islam is a universal religion and Hausas are just a tiny fraction of muslim ummah.

Salam
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

Eskimo

Sanusi u have started a nice thread. Only that the audience mostly Northerners think talking about sex is a taboo, let alone teaching your child.

Like what Fula said it does not mean telling that and this. It is just enlighten the son or daughter about STDs, early or unwanted pregnancy and above all putting the fear of Allah into their hearts.

Allah said "... do not be close to adultery..."

Our religion does not prohibit us from educating our children. Malam Hamza even if it means telling them, exactly what happens if there is a need to do that,ai ba kunya a koya addini.

The fact that is contrary to Hausa culture does does not make it haram afterall Islam is a universal religion and Hausas are just a tiny fraction of muslim ummah.

I think we should start thinking of a better way to teach our younger ones, rather than maintain a millenium old culture that has no place in this age. If you dont teach them they will learn it on TV, the bad way.

Salam
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

kilishi

kwarai kuwa,musulunci ya fayyace komai,as far as u will put your child in the islamic school,dole ne su koyi yadda abin yake,they will start with kawa'idi where they will be thought wankan tsarki,and is now your duty to explain the rest for them.
ilishi

aisab

SEX-EDUCATION!
I AGREE IS GOOD TO TEACH OUR YOUNGER CHILDREEN TO KNOW HOW TO PROTECT THEM SELVE FROM TROUBLE THAT WILL RESULTED FROM SEX,BUT NOT IN THAT WAY THEY ARE TRYING TO EXPREES IT. I THINK IS BETTER FOR US TO EDUCATE THEM ABOUT ADVANCEMENT IN TECHNOLOGY AND TO SHOW THEM OUR GOOD MORALS.BUT SEX EDUCATION?
WE ARE NOT READY FOR IT NOW,MAY BE BY 2020.
BUT JUST GENT\LADIES THINK!
AISAB
hink b4 you follow!

Guduma

Look guys, please do not be carried away by the western coined "sex education". It is truely satanic and was only intended to distract u r attention from doing ur religious obligations as Allah SWT demands from u. If one may ask, who taught the first human being, Prophet Adamu AS, and his wife Eve how to? This thing is a natural thing it comes to any humans, male or female at the right time of growth. The moment the pubic hair and the change in the size of manhood occur, naturally one becomes aware that there are purposes for which God the Almighty gave them to us, and one uses it adequately, and with respect to what the LORD said on what, when and how to use them, period!

dfynest

QuoteThis thing is a natural thing it comes to any humans, male or female at the right time of growth.
So guduma, are you then saying the kids should be left to figure things out for themselves?
Let's not make no mistake about it, ignorance breeds superstition and a host of other mistaken beliefs. I am sure you must have heard about things that happen in places like South Africa, where grown men resort to having sex with infants on the assumption that doing so is a cure for AIDS.
These are grown men we are talking about. What about young teenagers?
Some teenagers believe that having sex for the first time will not lead to pregnancy. This assumption has been around for as long as I can remember and it is still being circulated amongst our youth. With the dangers prevalent can you really afford to let your child figure things out for him/herself?
Sex Education does not neccessarily mean teaching about having sex, how to do it more or how to do it better, no. It simply means empowering the children with the knowledge that sex has consequences, and in todays world one of such consequences is that it could cost them their lives.
Do not take chances, educate them.
Whether in school or at home, bottom line is; knowledge does not kill, Ignorance does.

Venom

My view on this matter is plane and simple just tell the kids not 2 have sex before marriage as it is forbidden in our religion. This would there by reduce all the unwanted kids and i am sure it would reduce the level of AIDS. All this talk about sex ed and what not is a whitemans (non muslim) thing.  
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL