News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nigerianz vs expensive Dictionary words

Started by Anonymous, November 25, 2002, 03:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Blue textThis seems funny to me, but I dont know how others will foresee it. U c we are all educated,  some r way up @ our tops. Some r still shining out their flying colours!! which is all Alhamdulillah to me!!!!The funny thing, is the use of english language. I noticed this with the Nigerians... as they are good conversationalist. Am not trying to degrade Nigerianz or misjudge them as I myself turn out 2 b a proud citizen of Nigeria....Nigerian people rather use high extra long words to prove out their intelligence.. fair enough, but why cant we stick to simple language that makes simply meaning? Going on interview, the interviewee will go to major lengths to speak out word that he himself finds it a little bit difficult to pronounce and using it at the wrong time making it difficult for the interviewer to understand, but just to impress the interviewer and show him/her he has good excellent skills in english language. I so much admire how the Nigerainz use words unnecessarily in conversations.... no matter the level of their education. The simple english a person uses.. the more people undestand without them havin some one to whisper out... what does that mean or tilting their eyebrows in suspending what one was talking about. Incase others are about to get me wrong...... hear this "A politician giving out a speech"... "The government will try to reduce Apocalyse that will catasrophically affect the Nigerian Economic situation". A boy praises a gurl after a heating debate.... "he said "gaskiya kina da good mentality!!!!!! Y not say.. gaskiya ur debate was good..simple shikenan!!!! Read Essay writing by young kidz in primary school and see how they are bamboozed with dictionary words which they not now the meaning of. Dictionary words!!!!!!! they r not the english but what we speak of them and understand is the turanci!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Anonymous

Twinkle

;D lol hey, i extra-agree. Cos sometymes u can't even get a hint of wat some1 is chatting about. They use extra-expensive words in lectures like maths where u then have 2 relate it 2 English by checking the dictionary. But it's kool, (dat's if u understand).  ;D
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Anonymous

:D Yeah I know one!!!.... Ze consequential matter of ze above aflitration of our amalgamated Nigeria. But serioulsy speaking... we speak a hell lot of kool words from the dictionary especially the HAUSAAAAAAAAAA'S ;D :P

Blaqueen

da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

Gaskiya...why hausas u want to hear proper dictionary words....sai kune mi mutane daga sokoto ko zaria, sannan a tabbbatar dictionarinku na hannun. Dan ko Professor da ya kawo turanci zamani.... bai amfani dasu sai yan mazari Sakkwatawa da zage-zage ;D

Aydee Fella

QuoteGaskiya...why hausas u want to hear proper dictionary words....sai kune mi mutane daga sokoto ko zaria, sannan a tabbbatar dictionarinku na hannun. Dan ko Professor da ya kawo turanci zamani.... bai amfani dasu sai yan mazari Sakkwatawa da zage-zage ;D
Kai! mallam e be like sey next tyme i meet someone from sokoto na strictly on hausa
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Anonymous

Haba yaya Farouk!  ;) y u go include Zee-town. Replied 2 ur message earlier on..but 1 of d boyz or galz deleted it. Eniwayz, y include my pride & joy>>> Zee-town mu bama amfani da engirish like yadda Kanawa ke y but u c Kanawaz use it.. har sun fi masu compiling dictionary amfani dashi... tlkin about malam bakano...idan suna waya sai kaji wanna "ok."."yes".."orite"!!! :P ga iya debo longer wordz that ni ma I wud reckon I grasp my dictionary sannan asan me suke fada. Eniwayz they r super fly ... with turanci.

Anonymous

EWWOH!! Adda Ummita, diz kine dictionary english, u want to see who sabi buga.. meet those kano boyz matasa and de gells na there you go hear turanci. Seriously alot of mutane use way way..... way too englishy words

Anonymous

My one & only Adda Ummita... why are you becoming so dominant, trying to dominate kano & saying all that.. a koma asali... quite alright I am half/half ful-fuls but you be fulde but the outsider/original. Fulanis ba dan kara ku akayi ba ma. Most of us do not know how to speak turanci.. look for fulanin karkara.. (come).. they cant say it.. look 4 cikin garin kano, even the illetrates they sabi (come, go, sit ,stand) Da kuke maganan turanci, yaushe kuka ma iya sosai. You left your english transmission back in junior high ;D    

Ihsan

Kyale su dai, wai kai ya waye!! an shigo birni!! ;D At least the hausas do know something!! shi kuwa malam bafulatani ya sha coca cola ya ce ya sha kola kola and he was selling something and he was asked "how much?" and he replied "hau mu ci?" hau mu ci ubanka!!! ;D
greetings from Ihsaneey

Anonymous

So that gal swears!! I meant the ustaziya. Eniwayz agree 2 disgaree when it cumz 2 bugarin grammatical errors 4 english...classify Kanawaz as first class!!!  

Anonymous

U Ummita girl, wats ur own with the Kanawaz....wetin they worry u? shebi they r tryin their best.....even with the bugarin grammatical errors they can still communicate in english, unlike some (u figure out who) that dont even know another language apart from theirs exists. and juuuuust out of curiousity....why did u decide to pick on them Kanawaz? :-/ r u by any chance jealous?????????? ;D

Ihsan

::) ::)...errr where's the ustaziya?? Besides- ba ni nayi zagin ba; just saying what the dan fulani said ;D...

And Ummita girl, at least the kanawaz know something in English and can communicate even if they r going to do "buga buga" unlike wasu da aka ce masu "how are you?" and replied "hawaye? yana ido" ::)
greetings from Ihsaneey

Anonymous

Errr... that (G) up there... sounds a lil hostile...Besides, sum1 said su'in against fulani, neva did it bother me, ballenta shake my balance.... its juss a thing. So save ur breath. BA FADA BANE ABUN!!! Na wa, they don start again!!!  I juss luv d way... 1 mentions Kanawaz.... n they all start ragin with fury..... Kanawaz r by fine okay with me.... So lets put it this way G..... Learn 2 share a joke aight!!! ::)
PS: Lets all make sure ppl get d ryt message b/4 resposes. I neva said kanawaz r illetrates.  :-X:-/
One luv " " "