News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

I am most impressed, Ibrahim Ado Kurawa

Started by Waziri, October 24, 2003, 11:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waziri

May I begin by congratulating Ibrahim Ado Kurawa for a paper well reserched, presented at the recent National Conference on Chieftaincy and Security to Mark the 40th Anniversary of His Highness The Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero on the Throne, last weekend.
http://www.gamji.com/amviews195.htm

I also feel it important for us all to go through the paper that we may come to terms with the reality of the history of scholarship in northern Nigeria. I believe it will also help us further  understand how in the world of scholarship opinions are built by many reference to other works of eminent scholars. True to God scholarship is a feat and one cannot just wake up in the morning only to form an opinion thinking all must swallow it hook line and sinker without giving it serious thoughts.

I think for the health of the likely debate that this paper may generate in this forum we must to learn to eschew calling people names anyhow. It will be better if we attend to the ideas and logic of their flow not who says what?

For Ibrahim Ado Kurawa, congratulations ones more. I have already printed many copies of the paper for those ppl arounnd me who appreciate the meaning of truth and reasoned logic.

But next time you are writing something again about scholarship in Northern Nigeria, you should learn to incorporate Zaria into it. If not we will come forward and take back the BUK we built for you. ;D

_Waziri_

This is where the link to  the paper by Ado Kurawa can be found. Please do not tell me the paper is too long a read. If we really want to be speaking about this issues we must be informed first. :wink: