News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

OVERSEAS SCHOOLING FOR NORTHERN CHILDREN / Will U send ur Children to study Abroad...why or why not?

Started by Dan-Sokoto, October 05, 2002, 04:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

Quote from: "Yarkwye ce"Malbash... i no sabi ur english...break am down.  8)

all i asked of you is to read me! common................................read me! :)
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Dante

As someone earlier said it doesnt matter where u take u'r kids, provided that they study anywhere in the world they will do whatever they like. Parents usually raise their kids these days in a way that they tend to adapt multi-society habbits. In this case, its parents fault to let them do whatever the want at a young age. Truthfuly saying: Child behaviour is based on how they were raised, but i must admit society also shape the way we live these days.

mlbash

Quote from: "Dante"As someone earlier said it doesnt matter where u take u'r kids, provided that they study anywhere in the world they will do whatever they like. Parents usually raise their kids these days in a way that they tend to adapt multi-society habbits. In this case, its parents fault to let them do whatever the want at a young age. Truthfuly saying: Child behaviour is based on how they were raised, but i must admit society also shape the way we live these days.

yeah that's right  Dante, but it's the societal influence that makes us restless, particularly the  peer group influence!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Mufi

I find this topic to be of interest to me, because of what the adv. n dis-adv. of taking child(ren) to study abroad. Shiri na allah ne, U try ur best to raise ur kids in the best possible ways, but now even in nigeria yara suna yin abunda suka ga dama kuma a gaban iyayensu, just like Dante points out "child behavior is based on how they were raised, but society also shape the way we live these days". Our kids have access to Internet, Television 24/7, they have cell phones that they can use any which way they want. Abun da zamu yi shine Addua Allah ya Shirya mana zuria ya kuma bamu ikon tarbiyantasu cikin addinin musulinci, Amin.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

gogannaka

I'll definately send my children to study abroad.
A kasar nan yanzu ko niger ka je kayi karatu to you have a better chance of getting employed because of the 'JANDED' papers you posess.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

I see no any reason why I will send my child to
study abroad.  Only on reason of circumstances,
for example, a new course of study not found in
my country's university curriculum.

Considering the bunch of London Returns (Oversea
Students in Nigeria) and their output, I consider it
a waste of money, time and energy.  EXCEPT FOR
COURSES ABSOLUTELY NEW.

For my reasons!!! follow me.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

I would send my kids abroad. Shiriya ta Allah ce. Kuma adduar iyaye danko ce. So unless kaddara ce ta riga fata as the sayiing goes.... nothing wrong with it.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Waste of money, shagwaba yara. Won't do it, except for similar reasons stated by D-B.

admin

Please check the this link for more detailed discussion on this same topic, we may need to merge the topics...

OVERSEAS SCHOOLING FOR NORTHERN CHILDREN
http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=1279.msg14467#msg14467

Studying Abroad without a Mahrum
http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=2544.0
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Dan-Borno

Thank you admin for taking your time and search
your achive for this important topic, I think I will
strongly second your plan to merge them, as I can
see our previous members have extensively and
objectively discuss the issue and have also done
justice to it.

However, anybody with a new suggestion can come
forward so that we will further discuss and also
butress our discussion with live reasons.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

thegood

This is a good idea to merge the three topics together. But for me it is easy to monitor your kid more if he/she studies at home near you. Unless he/she is going for higher studies(postgraduate)
always believe in w't you do

waduz

No. I studied here, so also they will. I always think of how those who cannot afford to send their children abroad for studies will feel. ::)

IBB

Travelling abroad to study. The benefit is not only the academic knowledge. But the experience and new things one learns from other society, it also makes the person independant. See- most of our mates that study back home do not buy even a bathing soap, toothpaste not to talk of food and accomodation, until they are married or graduated and leave the house then thats when they will start learning how an independent life is, which they will find difficult to cope (buy this, pay that, bills e.t.c).

I think the most important thing parents can do to their children is education both for this world and here after. So is left for the parent to provide the best of their ability.
IHS

Dan-Borno

IBB, wai yaushe zamu you fist with this your zakara ne?
I can only agree with you in terms of quality and sound
knowledge, the standard are quite different, and you
cant compare them.  However, knowledge is a weapon
only those who knows how to use it benefit much.  So
no matter the quality and standard of your certificate,
if you dont know how to put it into action, takardar mai
tsire ta fishi daraja.

Quote from: IBB on October 24, 2007, 06:21:13 PM
But the experience and new things one learns from other society, it also makes the person independant.

This is where the argument all started, because accepting
the alien behaviour is what brings about conflict down here.
You must agree with me that we inculcate our cultural
behaviour in all our day to day activities.  So when you
learn an alien behaviour, import it down here - you will
sound crazy to us.

Quote from: IBB on October 24, 2007, 06:21:13 PM
I think the most important thing parents can do to their children is education both for this world and here after. So is left for the parent to provide the best of their ability.

Ka gama zancen gaba daya a nan  :-X

IBB

Quote from: Dan-Borno on October 25, 2007, 06:42:44 PM
IBB, wai yaushe zamu you fist with this your zakara ne?

Karka damu zamu saka shi a karal-basna. lol

However, knowledge is a weapon
only those who knows how to use it benefit much.  So
no matter the quality and standard of your certificate,
if you dont know how to put it into action, takardar mai
tsire ta fishi daraja.

Dont forget I mentioned is not only the academic aspect one learns when he goes abroad but will be exposed to some new things which are left for him/her to filter and learn from the goods of that society

This is where the argument all started, because accepting
the alien behaviour is what brings about conflict down here.
You must agree with me that we inculcate our cultural
behaviour in all our day to day activities.  So when you
learn an alien behaviour, import it down here - you will
sound crazy to us.

Alien behaviors are what brought us to where we are now. Before Islam is an alien thing but now ?? Changes for the good are welcome in every society at the same time some people within the society revolt.

Travelling opens one's eyes, mind and change the way of thinking. Tell me DB I know you travel within Nigeria alot, didnt you learn something from other societies living within Nigeria alone?

Alien behaviours as long as they are good they are welcome DB. Travel around the world and see how we deal with the unbelievers (is a quote from the Quran. I know u know) dont you think Allah (SWT) is telling you there is knowledge to gain in travelling. Have you read about the story of a great traveller from Morocco in the 13th CE called Ibn Batuta? Read his history and see how was his end....... it was good and he earned it from the wisdom he gathered in his years around the world
IHS