News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

DOES MONEY REALLY BUY HAPPINESS?

Started by Dan-Sokoto, October 12, 2002, 07:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Sokoto

Assalaam Alaikum Jama'a!

I was just kind of wondering whether or not money/wealth really does buy happiness?

Please let me have your thought on this issue.

Dan-Sokoto

Ihsan

Assalaam Alaikum,

Kayya...ai kudi kam bashi bane rayuwa. Zaka gan mutum babu abunda ya rasa amma fa sam babu kwanciyar hankali (ko gida ko waje) kuma at the same time kaga mara kudi yana da kwanciyar hankali.

Da kwai wani Poem dana karanta lokacin da ina high school; Riches does not guarantee happiness(not sure about the name) by Richard Cory...it was about a wealthy man wanda yake da komai amma da ga karshe ya harbe kanshi.
greetings from Ihsaneey

Fulanizzle

Salamu alaikum....

You find rich happy people, and you also find depressed rich folks...

Why u ask? Well, i look at it this way.... If one gets his income in the clean and proper way, Insha Allah, Allah will bless his  wealth....them usually being the happy rich people.... But when one gets his income in the haram way, how do u expect his wealth to be blessed? how do u expect that person find happiness fluttering around?? ???  

Another possibility, if one is rich and never does ZAKAT, SADAQA or doesnt use his money the way Allah commands...ofcourse that person is bound to fall in the pool of sadness...

And  in some cases when people have too much money and time on their hands, they misuse the money...spending it on the wrong people and wrong items   :-X  sooo these people r far from Allah..... sooo Allah isnt even with them, not to talk of happiness....

Well, if u tell me money is everything, I will tell u that ur DEAD WRONG!

Happiness is family(extended and close). happiness is a good company, happiness is a clean heart and mind, happiness is success(be it social, academical, mentally, health wise success)...........

Money is also the root of evil....90% of the time if there is any trouble , money is usually involved.........

people these days want to get fast and easy money, and do whatever it takes to get fast money.....not realizing that it will never bring them happiness.... all it will bring them is more greed for more money...

Money if used in WISE AND GOOD, HALAL way  will bring HAPPINESS TO MANY.....

BUT BUT  BUT if money is misused, it can also bring destruction to many.........

HOW MONEY IS USED, DETERMINES HAPPINESS OF PEOPLE

there jsut so much about this interesting topic, lol,  i coulkd go on and on.... but don wanna bore anyone  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Amma May Allah guide us in whatever we do, insha Allah

salam
)

Rose

Dan-sokoto
Happiness is a gift is nothing to do with being poor or rich.

But Definetly money help to make life easier.
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Blaqueen

....*ahem*.....who ever says money cant buy happiness...... does NOT know where to shop....
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

Interesting debate.

Sincerely speaking abi na sparking?  think y r all saying the right ting. keep on

Anonymous

Salamu Alaikum
Mallam dan Sakkawato bakayi specifying wanne irin kudiba.
Amma I will the pro and cons of kudi with examples.
Uthman bin Affan da Abdurrahman Bin Auf, Allah yai musu albishir da aljanna, suna kudi na azo a gani kuma it really got them happiness. They are happy of their wealth because sun kashe su ta yanda Allah ya yadda. Wanda yayi haka bazai halakaba.
Karoun and Abacha ( what an odd combination) were both rich and if my recollection of history is right, they weren't happy people.
Why, well Z. But of course sunyi almubazzaranci da israfi saboda haka arzikinsu na banza ne.
The answer to your question is both NO and YES. as can be seen from the examples above.
Bissalam

Anonymous

...kai this discussion is so funny coz the way people are responding to it made me really lol !! Well, money can help u a great deal when u want to go shoping but happiness comes from the inside, i mean ur inner self.......

Blaqueen

why does everyone have the notion that i tend to be jokin'??  :-/

experiment it urself... go out and shop...with money.. u'll be happy...
and thats juss one example...

so, jokes apart...*indignant look*... money buys happiness!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

al_hamza

thats one big reason i dont want to married
women enjoy spending
OUR HARD EARNED MONEY GOES INTO PLEASURE SHOPPING
not fair  :-/
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!