News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Lack for information

Started by Orangefly, April 14, 2004, 07:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangefly

I live in Russia, but my skin is brown. My Grandpa is from Nigeria, but I've never saw him, I know he was a kanuri man.
I want to know about these people more...

Recently I got acquanted with woman who lived in Nigeria and she tald me that kanuri people are very arrogant. WHY?

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
I have been to Maiduguri many times and have numerous Kanuri friends. I think the Kanuri people are very religious, frank and industrious people. They love perfume, the Holy Prophet (SAW) loved perfume.

My friend the next time you come to Nigeria try and visit Maiduguri and trace your good family.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Orangefly

And Maiduguri is the only place where kanuri people live :?:

*~MuDa~*

naah! Por ur inpormashion...u r originated prom a bery bery religious n priendly set op feofle in nigeria, zey r a great set of feofle, u can pind zem eberywhere in ze north n some fart op ze south...u gotta go pind zem...u grab?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

kofa

my friend u want to dig for ur root or u want to know about the Kanuri's?
n GOD i trust

Orangefly

Firstly I wanna get some information about my forefathers because it's hard to live in the country where you are so unique. I think if I get some information about how my ancessors live now I can understand myself better.
i believe that a man's genes keep it character and they are passed from father to a child.

Also i was always intersted in Africa and specially Nigeria although I was born and grew up in another country with it's own culture. I hate that in this country it's very difficult to find books about my native continent.
I hope maybe you will provide me some information. Just some senteces. It'so intersting and so thrilling to read! :)

Thank you very much for your answers. Maybe it would be more right to start with this words...  :wink:

Then of course i would like to visit your country. But now i don't have such an oppotunity and it's only a dream. May be everything will change in some years.
I study Hausa at the University and maybe it will influence my future career in my far close country.

Thank you greatly  :)

ali_grema

mr orangefly, ikhlibidish!i don't know what it means but all i know its russian!!!
     fortunately ur just linked to the right dude!i'm also from maiduguri,borno state.i'm not kanuri which is the dominant tribe but rather shuwa arab which the 2nd dominant tribe(also the only arabian tribe in nigeria).there r 27 local government in borno state and 36 states in nigeria.i need to know ur local government or even ur location of origine.g whether maiduguri,konduga,bama,mafa,kala balge,jere and lots more ,these r all towns in borno,only maiduguri is the city.get ur family name and clans name,ur location as above and if u left nigeria before independence(1960) ur families occupation whether farmers ,hunters or royal family etc.pls reply if u really want to know!!!
  u should proud!cos u r part of the longeat surviving dynasty in africa"the sefawa dynasty"
 websites to check; www.nigeria.com,abujacity.com and lots more to give u later...

alimsuf

Quote from: "ali_grema"(also the only arabian tribe in nigeria).

Ashe buzaye ma larabawa ne!!!