News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Another joke

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, June 12, 2004, 12:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Here'e another joke I heard today.
A man walks onto a bar with a monkey and orders a whisky.
The monkey runs along the bar eating the salted peanuts and snacks put out for the customers.
The bartender shouts "Hey,stop that monkey" and makes a grab for it.
The monkey jumps onto the pool table, grabs the white ball and swallows it.
The man and his monkey are thrown out by the bartender. " Come back when your monkey is better trained" he is told.
The next week the same man comes back to the same bar with his monkey. Once again the monkey runs along the bar grabbing the snacks. This time however it sticks the nuts up its ass before pulling them out again and eating them.
The man and his monkey are put out again. As they leave the bartender asks "Why was your monkey sticking the nuts up its ass before eating them?"
"Oh, he's being checking everything he eats for size since he swallowed your pool ball last week" replied the man.
maigemu

dan kauye

anoda joke anoda dude....dat was off d heezy 4 sheezy....i cant help but laff mah a**s out....so now my truoblem be say dat ur name soundz 2 yankeeish....dave..mc..cant spell d rest reely....who u be mr???
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I'm no yankee!
I am a Scotsman who spent 15 years in Kano where I was at WTC and became Vice-Principal there before becoming an Inspector for the Ministry of Education. I also ran the horse-racing at Kano Racecourse for some years and coached Soccer and rugby teams.
"McEwan" which is part of my name is a traditional Scottish name. The nearest equivalent to "Mc" or "Mac" in Hausa would be "dan".
"Mc" in Scottish Gaelic (original Scottish language) means "of" or "son of" or "of the clan of" or "belonging to". So one of my ancestors in the distant past must have been "son of Ewan" or "of the clan of Ewan".
So what does your name mean, Dan Kauye?
maigemu

dan kauye

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"I'm no yankee!
I am a Scotsman who spent 15 years in Kano where I was at WTC and became Vice-Principal there before becoming an Inspector for the Ministry of Education. I also ran the horse-racing at Kano Racecourse for some years and coached Soccer and rugby teams.
"McEwan" which is part of my name is a traditional Scottish name. The nearest equivalent to "Mc" or "Mac" in Hausa would be "dan".
"Mc" in Scottish Gaelic (original Scottish language) means "of" or "son of" or "of the clan of" or "belonging to". So one of my ancestors in the distant past must have been "son of Ewan" or "of the clan of Ewan".
So what does your name mean, Dan Kauye?

woah....!  i  got ur jerk.... so now weneva i hear mc-donald,mc-dowell,mc-wateva i know wat exactly where its all 4rm....kool.now uhmm....since u've been in kano 4 so long and i suppose u speak d lang den i xpect u 2 depict d tru meaning of DAN-KAUYE  ..lol..okkkk.....it means..villager..sum1 4rm d country side not city,a socially unexposed person...need   i say more?? and  1 more thing....wat name do u use wen u were doing d horse racing stuff ,i myte know u coz i 've been a very big fan of kano horse racing 4 long....peace ya!
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Hi
You are quite right. I should be able to speak Hausa but I only hear a little (and less as the years go past). When I came to Kano even the pupils at WTC were not allowed to speak Hausa in college so there was little encouragment for foreign Education Officers to learn. My son speaks Hausa like a "Kano Donkey" even today as he married a Nigerian girl from Gongola. He appeared for some episodes in the Kano TV programme "Mind Your Language" as "Mr Brown" trying to learn Hausa. That was about 17 years ago or more, however. When I was on the Racecourse management I was known as Mr Dave or maigemu - but again that was about 17 or 18 years ago. I raced some horses at Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Jos and Katsina and won a few races. Alh. Garba Da'u trained horses on the racecourse in those days and he would remember me well as we worked together to bring the Northern Derby Racemeeting up to a good standard.
Today I live in a little town called Kilmun in Argyll in the Scottish Highlands and think a lot about Kano as I watch the cold rain coming down day after day.
maigemu