News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

can we achieve a better nigeria (miniforum)!!!

Started by ali_grema, April 27, 2004, 06:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali_grema

Nigeria being our nation ,identity,our pride is our way to voice our selves out no amount of rights can achieve that.that why its our duty to start figouring out how?cos sooner or later it will be in our hands.Many of us now have the ideas of our present leaders(their corrupt practices),u might think i don't know what i'm doin but it reality.
   A lot of our administrators now get confused on where to start to when given an appointment cos they never thought of it and therefore carry the believe that it impossible!!!  
  pls voice urselves out by saying if its possible or not?and how?if u can.(give it a try)

gogannaka

Hmn......Why was this thread abandoned?
Maybe we all dont know how to move Nigeria forward.
Or we are all corrupt and cannot say whats on our minds.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

kitkat

Of course it's possible to turn the country around with a dedicated and focused leadership that can identify our fundamental problems and concentrate on changing them.

One of our biggest problems is indiscipline and corruption which is more often than not glorified by our leaders despite all the rhetoric being spewed out. This creates cynicism and a sense pf hopelesssness on the part of the populace.

The only way out is leadership by example because people have simply lost faith in their leaders and even the very few that mean well are all lumped together and viewed with disdain.

Our problems are glaring and obviuos and the solutions are straight forward and very very simple if there is a sincerity of purpose, but the same leadership class create the impression that Nigeria has complex and far reaching problems that require even more complex and far reaching solutions which only they can provide, national conference and all that crap.

We also need prayers and repentance because the average Nigerian is no better than the leader he is always complaining about, and you wonder whether  it's not a case of the country deserving the leadership it got.

sa salati

u know wat u very funny guy,i mean if 2day am in da gov i'll loot all i can.i dont give a damn
E(ma body,soul 'n' spirit) DA NICEZT IN DA GAME EVEN LIFELEZZ KNOW DA NAME

dan kauye

Quote from: "sa salati"u know wat u very funny guy,i mean if 2day am in da gov i'll loot all i can.i dont give a damn

tssss! spits! hisses! talk is cheap!
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

waz

To be absolutely honest, i see very little hope for Nigeria. We're all a rotten lot-well majority of us anyway. Every1 is concerned about how to get their share of the national cake, so who has time and is selfless enough to think what's good for the nation and the people, or provide the good leadership that is needed? Furthermore, if there is a good leader somewhere waiting to save Nigeria it's highly doubtful that he'll ever get a chance to do so, but then again 'never say never' right?

Bahaushen asali

WHATTT

You guyz need to know that the young generation is coming up & we will take over & fix all the problems that our current leaders have put us in.

Just chill!!!! no one is here to stay on earth for more than 120 years????????????????

Fateez

Quote from: "sa salati"u know wat u very funny guy,i mean if 2day am in da gov i'll loot all i can.i dont give a damn

I'm sure it's people like sa salati dat spend hours talking

about Nigeria being poor and under-developed.

But he's said da truth, Dat's wat he is. He's told us his plans. It's better

than da people dat say they wud do this do that and end up stealing.

So in future if we see a "Sa Salati" running 4 president we wudn't vote 4

him rite?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Shiekh

kitkat said it all.
But we have to face reality that Nigeria's no.1 problem is we dont have leaders. just like what Maitama Sule once said "leaders not rulers" (praying in one of his lectures).
Awareness is one of the solutions.
I thank God that youth have realised that "there is no place like home"

straightalkin

hmmm its people like u that we need to lock up and re-educate!

i think u do not know what the consequences of corruption are that is why u 'don't give a damn'!

Shiekh

Quote from: "straightalkin"
hmmm its people like u that we need to lock up and re-educate!

what a nice idea :idea:

ali_grema

yeah,
  with the continuation of this mini forum!!!nigerian youth will start to think the possiblities of the success!!!remember a population of 120 million and only 1 major source of income of 2million barrels a day!!!!compare us with britain 50million and lots of various revenue,u.s 350million,saudi 15mill....we have roads,electricity,security,agric...if u happen to be on the seat what will u do with says abudget of 10billion dollars while our conterparts in terms of population dedicates trillions of dollars.....ur views matter as it will reshape the way u think as an individual....mine will be comin after i see urs...pending :twisted:
Quote from: "Shiekh"kitkat said it all.
But we have to face reality that Nigeria's no.1 problem is we dont have leaders. just like what Maitama Sule once said "leaders not rulers" (praying in one of his lectures).
Awareness is one of the solutions.
I thank God that youth have realised that "there is no place like home"

Shiekh

all we are talking about is what I call "Nigeria today"
it is not because we cant achieve a greater heights. no. but because Nigerians are denied of their both human(thru education for example) and material resources.
look at our potentials,(human and material), untapped resources, the exploited resources, the so called looted money, and stuffs like that.

To sum it all, we are in the midst of "corruption", both the ruler and the subject.
I rest my case,
Allah ya sawake, amin.

Dante

Quote from: "Fateez"

I'm sure it's people like sa salati dat spend hours talking

about Nigeria being poor and under-developed.

But he's said da truth, Dat's wat he is. He's told us his plans. It's better

than da people dat say they wud do this do that and end up stealing.

So in future if we see a "Sa Salati" running 4 president we wudn't vote 4

him rite?

Yeah, i am with you fateez 100%

Nigeria this-Nigeria that......
The thing is we have been talking and talking about the leadership of nigeria for god only knows how long. Its time to put down some action and let them all leaders know naija people know wats up in the Aso Villa.

Ibro2g

Talking about oil...is dat all u r. U r nigeria my friends, but oil is not all u can be.
Have u thought of building up regional potencials, have u thought of ur maketable values? have u thought of the education u have and how productive it could be? do u think about taking the extra mile to make the difference, independantly or collectively? these are what should be on ur minds if u wanna fix things here not the government entirely!
Safety and Peace