News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HAUSA RECIPES

Started by ummita, May 05, 2004, 01:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Recipes for Hausa dishes: Sinasir/Waina,Tuwon shinkafa Couscous, Tuwon Masara. Miyan taushe, miyan Agushi, miyan kuka, miyan Karkashi, Miyan Kubewa, Burabisko, Danbu emmm (I will ask for more)..............etc Please provide below. Thank you :arrow: [/b]
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

kofa

Quote from: "ummita"Sinasir da miyan taushe

together with biscuitbone AHA! :lol:
n GOD i trust

ummita

(she laffs) Kofa kai, ur mouth & tasty meals

ummita

Tuwon semolina da Miyan Kubewa (Okro)

Ingredients
Okro
3 Hot chilli (Atarugu)
2 Long pepper (Tatasai)
4 fresh tomato or one large tin
1 Onions(Alubasa)
5 Garlic
Ox tail
Cow ribs
Drief fish
Spices: Maggi, curyy, bajji, coriander,turmeric,

Method:
Marinate ox tail and cow ribs. Chop in garlic, onion, and a little bitta chilli (mhmmm vuala!). Allow to simmer for 15-20mins. Blend tomato, chilli, Long pepper. Pour mixture into the marinated meat add a lil salt to your taste and stock cubes. Allow tomato puree to marinate with the meat for about 10mins. Soak dried fish in hot water and clean, pour fish into the soup and stir allow to simmer for half an hour. Pour a little "Kanwu"(bicarbonate of soda) and pour the okro. Allow to boil for 15mins

Meanwhileeeeeeeeeee (LOL) preheat water to boil & pour grounded semolina, use a whisk or wooden spoon to stir for about 3mins and allow to heat. Use wooden spoin to emmm (me ake cema tuka tuwo da turanci) ehnnn and drive the semolina. Pour half a cup of water to soften it, cover the pot and allow to simmer.
(mhmmmm Kamshi, nice aroma she laffs)

Serve or dish out as desired.

Twinkle

Quote from: "kofa"

together with biscuitbone AHA! :lol:

Wai!!! wa yaga mai kwadayi
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Twinkle

Hey Ummita, dat's a kool one, Thanks, keep them coming,  :wink:

[/color]
[/i]

al_hamza

ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Anonymous

JELLOF RICE (aka DAFADUKA in hausa)

Ingridients
1 Large Chicken(kaza)
8 Lamp chops(saniya)
2 Large Onions(albasa)
3 Hot peper (tattasai)
3 Chilli (atarugu)
5 Garlic cloves (tafaruwa)
1 Packet of mixed vegetable(carrots,peas)
6 spoonful Groundnut oil or sunflower oil(mangyada)
3 cups of long grain rice(shinkafa)
2 Table spoon of salt (gishiri)
Curry,thyme,bay leaf, corriander, parsley, (kayan kanshi)

Method
1.Settle Lamp & chicken in pot, chop onions add garlic cloves, curry, thyme & salt to taste and marinate the meat.

2.Preheat oil for 5mins chop it onions,garlic, chilli pepper & hot pepper. Fry till golden brown. Pour mixed vegetable and stir fry. Drain meat stock (ruwan nama) and pour stock into mixed vegetable. Allow to boil for 5mins. Wash rice and pour and low heat. Cover pot and allow to cook for 30mins.

3.Shallow fry chicken and Lamb chops. Cut onions in round shape and deeep fry to onion rings. Dress chicken/Lamb with onions, pour half a teaspoon of sugar syrub to give it a taste. Or boil half a table spoon of brown sugar & pour onto meat.

Serving tip
For a simple but tasty lunch, accompany the jellof rice (aka dafaduka) with some salad. alternatively, serve as a side dish with fried chicken & lamb. Food settings on the floor.....(dining table not necessary) hausa style, eating on the floor makes more comfortable.
[/u]

Hafsy_Lady

What happened? I just posted that jellof rice recipe but di tin neva fit comot my name. Abi sontin dey burn for cookey forum? :lol:  Wai naga an fara dafe dafe ayi dai a hankali kada a kona cookery forum
What you see is what you get[/b]

Hafsy_Lady

KOSAI aka BEANS CAKE/Akara

Ingridients
3 cups Black head beans (wake)
2 Onions     (Albasa)
1 bottle Oil  (mangyada)
3 table spoon Salt (gishiri)
2 Maggi
1 Green pepper (koren tattasai)
3 Hot chilli         (atarugu)
2 Red pepper     (jan tatasai)

Optional
Garlic

Method
1.Soak beans for an hour. Peel the skin, remove black and clean wash.
Chop onions, chilli, hot pepper and garlic in large chunks. Blend together with beans into a thick puree paste till soften.

2.Pour thick grinded beans paste in a bowl and chop in green peppers, add salt & maggi & beat with wooden spoon.

3. Preheat oil and use table spoon to drop puree into round shape balls in oil. Fry till golden brown.

Serving tip
Best served wit grounded pepper. A dinga irin dangwalawa dinnan. Thats how my village people do it
What you see is what you get[/b]

Surayya Galandanci

FATEN WAKE, FATEN DOYA, FATEN DANKALI
BEANS PORRAGE, YAM PORRAGE, POTATO PORRAGE

To make either yam or beans or potato porrage:

WHAT YOU NEED
Meat or chicken, Tomato, Hot pepper, Onions, Ginger, Kanufari da masoro, curry, Groundnut oil/red oil, Garlic, maggi, salt

HOW TO PREPARE
Before you boil the meat add chopped onions, salt and garlic.
Peal either the yam or potato, or wash the beans
Grind tomato, pepper,garlic, ginger together and pour on boiled meat
Add your pealed yam/potato or beans to the sauce
Add salt, maggi, curry and any other kind of spices to your taste
Allow to cook for 30mins and serve

Surayya Galanci

DANWAKE = SON OF BEANS

WHAT YOU NEED
Beans flour
Kuka
Kanwa
Grounded pepper
Oil
Salt

HOW TO MAKE
Wash your hands.
Pour 2 cups of bean flour in bowl, Add half a cup of kuka and 3 table spoon of kanwa.
Mix into a smooth paste dough.
Boil hot water and use your hand to drop the dough in ball shapes into the hot water and allow to boil for 12mins

To serve, pour away the boiled water, and allow danwake to kool for 3mins. Pour oil, grounded pepper, salt and maggi and pix.

Some people add lemon (lemun tsami) ENJOY :P

Twinkle

Quote from: "Surayya Galanci"DANWAKE = SON OF BEANS

Pour 2 cups of bean flour in bowl, Add half a cup of kuka and 3 table spoon of kanwa.

Hey dat's kool, but I think 1/2 a cup of kuka will be too much, it's gonna looks a bit too greeny and slimy, so i suggest 1 leveled table spoon for each cup of beans floor.

[/color]
[/i]

al_hamza

to in banni da kanwa fa?
no kanwa 3000km from my hostels :)
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

ummita

Iden bekka da kanwa, use Bicarbonate of Soda

Hafsy & Surayya (welcome) & thanks 4 d recipes