News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

DRINKS / JUICE

Started by ummita, May 05, 2004, 01:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Recipes for Fura da nono, Mardo,Kunun Gyada, Kunun tsamiya, Zobo, Ginger drink, Pineapple drink, juice etc needed please. Tradtional drinks etc[/b]
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

kofa

Zobo mixed with Pineapple juice.will make u fell off ur chair.
n GOD i trust

Surayya Galadanci

HOW TO MAKE ZOBORODO DRINK (short form "zobo")

THINGS YOU NEED
Zoborodo drink
Pineapple or strawberry vanilla
Sugar

HOW TO PREPARE (very easy)
Pour Zoborodo leaf in pot and Add 10 cups of water
Boil till black-red in colour
Use a colander or seive to extract the juice from the zobo leaf
Add vanilla (or any prefarred flavour of your choice)
Add sugar
Store in fridge

It taste better than any kind of kool-aid or soda :wink:

dan kauye

yeah....dis is where dan-kauye belongs...zobo??  i can guzzle up 2 eleventy pints fiyaw!!!(smyles)...coz of ol d a4mentioned drinkss na zobo be my fave juss lyk straightalking is my fave onlyner!!
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

Fulanizzle

zobo........no drınk ın thıs world can beat ıt!!!! my mom makes the best!!!!! hey why dont we make the drınks..of dıfferent flavors and ımport ıt!!!!! ıt wıll go sky rocket!!!!!

by the way...fact: ın sudan they have zobo as a hot drınk kaman tea.....
)

madam

soak some white rice(the kind used in making sinasir or better yet,use basmati) with some kanimfari(cloves) citta(ginger) and habhan(cardamoms).leave overnite.when soaked remove the habhan and blend the rest 2gether till verry veerrry smooth. add water and sieve with that cloth wey dem dey use in  tatar koko.a no know de name 4 english.add sugar 2 taste.and serve cold
gaskiya da ka na koya so ban san how much of each ingredient za a sa ba but cardamoms are very strong so ba dayaywa za a sa ba.end product should be like the traditional kunun zaki.
goga i think u know,ko?

gogannaka

A'a madam u dey reveal this our little secret.
Gaskiya u guys shud try this drink.It's much better than kunun zaki......especially when chilled.................... ba a bawa yaro mai kwadayi ba....
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Ihsan

ka ji gogannaka! baka so muma aba mu mu dan dana :)
greetings from Ihsaneey

mlbash

Quote from: "Ihsan"ka ji gogannaka! baka so muma aba mu mu dan dana :)

KE IHSAN WA KIKA TABA BAWA NAKI YA DAN DANA? KE DA KIKA CE MA IDAN INA SON SINSSIR NAJE NAYI AURE! :lol:
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Hafsy_Lady

What you see is what you get[/b]

madam

kunun tsami or kunun tsamiya?
if na kunun tsami go to gogan's fridge, he get one kwanon sha wid kunu .E don tey for im fridge,bring am out for just 1 day and voila you have kunun tsami.
if na kunun tsamiya,to, will come back wid d recipe later.

Hafsy_Lady

*HISS* I WENT AND PURCHASED LOTS OF LEMON YESTERDAY, KNOWING THAT BY THE TIME I CHECK UP K-ONLINE KITCHEN SOMEONE WOULD HAVE ALREADY PROVIDED ME WITH A RECIPE. INSTEAD MADAAAAAAAAAAM IS ASKING ME TO DIFFERENTIATE. A'A THERES ONLY ONE KUNU.............KUNA NA TSAMI
KO? THE THICK ONE...........THAT LOOKS LIKE SAND GRANULES....MIXTURE, FLAVOURED WITH SUGAR WITH A LIL SOUR TASTE. WANDA AKE SHAN DA LUDDAYI ACIKIN WANON NA SHAN KUNU.
AND THE KWANO NA KUNU, IF HIT HARD MAKES A "KWAL" NOISE AND THE PAINITING FADES OUT. BUT AS PER ME, I USE A CHINA BOWL WITH AN ALUMINUIM SILVER SPOON TO DRINK IT.

SO I TAKE GOD BEG YOU SISTA MADAM, IF YOU KNOW THIS PARTICULAR KUNU, PROVIDE ME WITH THE RECIPEE. OR ANYONE.
AM DYING OF CRAVING.............AS PER DI KUNU CONCERNED :cry:
What you see is what you get[/b]

madam

To gaskiya dai nikam tun muna yara muka sha kunu da ludayi .i remember muna 'sha ka bani'.sai kani na ya sha sannan sai ya miko min ludayin.yana kara dankon zumunci.
anyway theres something called garin kunu made from millet-gero.to wannan geron u add some kayan kanshi like citta to it, a niko .ok if u have that you also need tsamiya(tamarind)and soak it for a while untill tsaminta ya fito.better yet, use warm water to soak it.now mix the garin kunu with the ruwan tamarind ,dont forget to sieve it,u dont want the particles in ur kunu.
mix into a slightly thick paste and pour boiling water ,stirring until thick.add  squeezed lemon for added flavour.and sugar to taste.
Gosh that was hard work,u see i cant understand recipes as i get confused by all those instructions but i hope u will be able to uderstand how to make kunun tsamiya.ki gwada shi chilled,it is also nice.

Twinkle

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady"[color=greenI USE A CHINA BOWL WITH AN ALUMINUIM SILVER SPOON TO DRINK IT.

[/color]

I HAIL MARGARETH THATCHER II (THE SECOND) THE ONLY WOMAN WHO IS SAID TO ONLY EAT OUT OF CHINA. EVEN WHEN SHE WAS A BABY A FEEDING BOTTLE WAS MADE OUT OF AN OPAGUE CHINA. WE ARE EASY GOING WITH LIFE, I EAT OUT OF RUBBER CUPS OR PAPER PLATES :lol:

SORRY HAFSY I DONT KNOW THE RECIPE BUT MADAM HAS ALREADY PROVIDED YOU WITH IT. SO ENJOY THE KUNU
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Muawiya

AKWAI WACCE KO WANDA YA IYA HOME MADE FURA DA NONO. NI INA DA MUGUN KYAMA KUMA AM VERY CONCIOUS OF MY HEALTH. SIYAN IRIN FURAN BAKI TITI DINNAN, KAI! BA MAGANA. BANDA HAKA NI INDA NAKE SAI NAYI SHEKARA UKU BANGA GERO BALLANTANA FURA. NONO AKWAI. TO A TAIMAKA DA RECIPE DIN FURA DA NONO PLEASE :)