News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HALAL FOODS

Started by ummita, May 05, 2004, 02:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

i got a halal food brochure today and it said that whey depends on the

kind of microbial enzyme used in da process. Apparently some of these

proteins might come from animals (slaughtered) and since they dont

usually state the enzymes on the nutritional facts, it's better to avoid it.

Allahu wa'alam

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

HUSNAA

Ok.... :idea: Now I got it. I have always been under the impression that whey naturally produces itself u c, as when milk ferments for example without the addition of enzymes to catalyze the fermentation.....
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

alkanawi

"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

To the best of my knowledge cheese is halal.
Amma kai ma ban da abun ka idan kana son abu ai ba a saurin tambaya ko halal ko haram  :P
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

alkanawi

lol
santi ne ya sa na tambaya
read somewhere da wani enzyme or wharever from animal stomach ake yin cheese,dats why the q
"corgito ergo sum"

MySeLf

Kai a cheese din nan ko ba wanda yake fitowa daga nonan Alade?
Hhm!!!!  :-\
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

alkanawi

LMHO LOL HAHAHAHA
Myself u've got me in stiches really.
Ko shi na ci ne?
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

If it is from nonon alade then it is certainly Haram.
Cheese din nan ba kindirmo bane kawai ake dan watsa mishi preservatives?

HUSNAA

Wanene bai san chikwi ba?
cikwi shine sunan cheese a hausa. Duk wanda ya ci cikwi yaci cheese and it is more creamier even though it is dried.
Wa kuma ya taba shan nonon alade in ba alade ba eh? :-\
Ba a sarrafa cheese daga nonon alade (alade na da nono ne ma?)
Balalle sai an sa wa madara enzymes ba domin ta zama cheese. Naturally in an bar madara a waje ta fara lalacewa u can extract a bit and use that as the catalyst to ferment milk for making cheese.

For Cheese lovers , U can make yr own cheese in a simple way. It will taste more like feta cheese than cheddar cheese.
Just preboil some milk. (u dont have to boil it). let it cool to warm, then add some sour yoghurt and  leave to settle for a day. The milk solutes will precipitate to the bottom and leave the liquid whey. Decant the liquid, and pour the remaining solidified milk content into a muslin bag or muslin cloth. (Dankwali da ake tatar koko da shi will do just as fine). Hang the muslin cloth to drain out the rest of the liquid and so that only the solid is left. You can hang the muslin cloth in the fridge and put a bowl under and drain the drips into it. On the other hand u can leave it out in the air.
Empty the cheesy product into a clean bowl. Add some olive oil and salt to taste and stir into a smooth cream. Pour a drizzle of olive oil to cover the cheese and there u are.
Delicious with toasted bread! Bon apetite!

MySeLf

Quote from: alkanawi on February 13, 2007, 01:30:41 AM
LMHO LOL HAHAHAHA
Myself u've got me in stiches really.
Ko shi na ci ne?

Haha!!! lol ;D ;D
Dama tsokanarka nake naji u are cheese mad
Sai kuma Allah yakawo Husna ta kwato ka..........
Nima dai i like cheese on pizza only.

alkanawi

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 13, 2007, 01:11:11 PM
Dan-barno Danbarno Danbarno :P

LOL Wallahi kun ga in dariya ta ta kare ku ne

Quote from: Myself on February 13, 2007, 09:45:02 PM
[Haha!!! lol ;D ;D
Dama tsokanarka nake naji u are cheese mad

M kin mai da ni kakanki ke nan :)
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

cikwi shine sunan cheese a hausa. Duk wanda ya ci cikwi yaci cheese and it is more creamier even though it is dried.
Balalle sai an sa wa madara enzymes ba domin ta zama cheese. Naturally in an bar madara a waje ta fara lalacewa u can extract a bit and use that as the catalyst to ferment milk for making cheese.

For Cheese lovers , U can make yr own cheese in a simple way. It will taste more like feta cheese than cheddar cheese.
Just preboil some milk. (u dont have to boil it). let it cool to warm, then add some sour yoghurt and  leave to settle for a day. The milk solutes will precipitate to the bottom and leave the liquid whey. Decant the liquid, and pour the remaining solidified milk content into a muslin bag or muslin cloth. (Dankwali da ake tatar koko da shi will do just as fine). Hang the muslin cloth to drain out the rest of the liquid and so that only the solid is left. You can hang the muslin cloth in the fridge and put a bowl under and drain the drips into it. On the other hand u can leave it out in the air.
Empty the cheesy product into a clean bowl. Add some olive oil and salt to taste and stir into a smooth cream. Pour a drizzle of olive oil to cover the cheese and there u are.
Delicious with toasted bread! Bon apetite!

Thanks for the recipe.
The milk,fresh milk(irin direct daga saniya or irin farm fresh din nan) or evaporated?

HUSNAA

Well I dont know the difference between 'direct daga saniya' or 'farm fresh'. Farm fresh would be anyi diluting dinta ko? An dan yi ha'inci? Unless its really just white washed water with very little milk solids the the farm fresh would do excellently. The direct from the saniya obviously is the best, cos u will get real creamy cheese. Evaporated milk is also ok I guess.. never tried it with that. It would probably endup tasting like that brand of cheese called Philadelphia cheese.... love that verrrrrrrrrrrrry yummmy.  Very fattening!!!

On the other hand, I wouldnt recommend evaporated milk lol.

MySeLf

Kai what about saying Bismillah and eat none halal meat :-\

You know when you really get hungry, pop into a shop and that is the only thing you can find.

HUSNAA

Hmm.. not allowed. In so far as u can find an alternative food not necessarily meat. But I know what u mean exactly. Allah Ya Kyauta dai. I think most of us do that, especially when u are in a country that doesnt have many halal outlets like UK