News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Obasanjo's rating

Started by gogannaka, May 19, 2004, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How is Obj Doing?

Good
1 (11.1%)
Need to do more
4 (44.4%)
Bad
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 29, 2004, 02:00:00 PM

gogannaka

How will you rate Pres. Obasanjo in terms of his handling of the ethno religious crisis in the country?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Gimbiya

I think he need to work a little bit more. this outragous figths need to stop regardless of whose fault is it. you don't fight evil with evil, also 2 wrongs doesn't make it right
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

ajingi

I will rate Pres. Obasanjo 100% in terms of handling the ethno religious crisis in Plateau state. But for the country in general, we have to look at OPC and Afinefere activities and see what action does the government take.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Eskimo

Quote from: "ajingi"I will rate Pres. Obasanjo 100% in terms of handling the ethno religious crisis in Plateau state. But for the country in general, we have to look at OPC and Afinefere activities and see what action does the government take.

I support you 100 percent
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

Negus

Well obj has tried by the recent action he took, time will tell either it was genuine or one of their numerous conspiracies. My only hope is for the culprits to be brought to book

lionger

Quote from: "ajingi"But for the country in general, we have to look at OPC and Afinefere activities and see what action does the government take.

:?  Afenifere? ol' boy r u sure this ain't a slip of tongue?

ajingi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

_Waziri_

ajingi, so it was a slip of tongue? lol,

Yes, actually, I could not help rating OBJ bad but yet I do not think the person is performing bad just for the simple reason that he wants to perform bad. There are complexities in the art of governance. Majid Khadduri maintained, till his death, that for a good result in governance there must be a happy comfluence of two things, these are: Circumstance and  Qualification.

While OBJ has all the qualifications necessary, among his contemporaries, to move Nigeria forward he is not in anyway favoured by the circumstances and as such things will continue deteriorating until when the call is clearly sounded by the caller. It is then the rains will rain a summer rain.

ajingi

Khalil,

Something is fundamentally wrong with our values. Democracy in itself does not guarantee success. A nation is only as strong as the virtue of it's leaders and the character of its citizens.

Shiekh

Quote from: "Eskimo"
Quote from: "ajingi"I will rate Pres. Obasanjo 100% in terms of handling the ethno religious crisis in Plateau state. But for the country in general, we have to look at OPC and Afinefere activities and see what action does the government take.

"Ba'a yabon da kuturu sai ya shekara da yatsu"

ajingi

Quote from: "Shiekh"

Haka ne? :roll:

ajingi

The man that will be remeber by histroy and who will deserve the gratitude of generation will be the man who can rouse our people from the slumber and spur them to a new upsurge of effort in the interest of themselves and their country. can u remember Obasanjo?

Indabawa

Rating President Obasanjo 100% for tackling Plateau issue is to me, rather too sentimental.

It should be recalled that the Muslim leaders had to go and give the man an ultimatum before he could summon the courage to act.

In any case, the action was belated and should therefore analysed and accreddited with utmost caution.

Moreover,we have to hold our breaths and watch how he will tackle the menace of OPC, and to also explain to the Nigerians on the "shoot at sight" and "arrest warrant" issued for the OPC and Ganiyu Adams respectebly.

In addition,lest we forget how "Baba"did his things.Nigerians should not allow the man to use the pretext of being fare, by sledging the big hammer on some percieved enemies, the way he wielded other instruments of coarcion.

I will therefore reserve my rating untill i am convinced that all those that have been found to contribute in one way or the other to the brutal killings in Plateau and other places are brought to book.

Do i hear some body saying that i am being too over optimistic? Well who knows! 8)
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

Shiekh

Quote from: "ajingi"The man that will be remeber by histroy and who will deserve the gratitude of generation will be the man who can rouse our people from the slumber and spur them to a new upsurge of effort in the interest of themselves and their country. can u remember Obasanjo?

why not 3 more years to go, wane ne yasan me zai faru, ko ba haka ne ba?

Shiekh

Quote from: "ajingi"
Quote from: "Shiekh"

Haka ne? :roll:

e mana :?:  8)