News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Islam! when does it becomes for hausas only?

Started by abdulgee, May 30, 2004, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abdulgee

:oops: Prehaps, you may be wondering why this question. Well, i was away during the recent crises in kano. Actually, i was in Zaria where i school but Kano has always been a place i called home no matter where i travelled to. But after the crisis, it has become a different place totally. why? i'll come to that later.
Islam is known all over the world as religios of PEACE because i grew up known that i've to love my neighbours as i love myself no matter whatever religious or tribes he/she belongs to.In the case of this crisis, it was different because many muslims has been killed one way or the other. Not because they don't know what Islam is or was but because the so called rioters do not even know what Islam is all about or their so called leaders do not educate them on what Islam is all about and what Allah said about killing a helpless, armless, children or women.
However, i came back to kano after the recent crisis and i saw people i've grown up known has been killed and their properities has been burnt and so on. Most were muslims but not Hausas. And has contributed one way or the other in promoting Islam. Most has been forced to recite different suras from the holy Qu'ran which the rioters do not even know how to recite on a good condition but one had been force to recite under tension, under a heavy pressure, under different types of weapon and still after managing to recite Al-Falthah or any other suras, has sill been KILLEd then what do you called this............JAHAD? No, this is MURDER!
 Besides, it could have been declared that it was not a religious fight but a tribal fight. So that, everybody would be ready next time, because i'll not die without fighting back, Insh allah.And this where above question comes in.............................
  to be cont.

alhaji_aminu

salam

abdulgee well said. The killing of muslims from the southern part of Nigeria goes to show you that the killings are not 'sincerely' religious.
Killing, even of non muslims, without justification is murder and is most reprehensible.
I hope you understand these people for what they are: 'killers unlimited'.
may Allah help us all.................. amin.

Middles belt

Hello abdugee, You have to understand how the mind of the hausa /fulani works.. They do not consider you southern muslim muslim, when I am in meeeting with them they call you keferi. You see, hausa/fulani killed muslim from the middle belt in kano and kaduna.. I am a muslim.. Some people I know where killed and they were muslim... The fight is not about christain and muslim but how the hausa/fulani would killed us all and take over our land....  They do not care if you are muslim or not.. they would kill you.. Do you know in wase , most of the real son of the land where muslim, and the hausa/fulani killled them all.. they never care if you are muslim... Hausa/fulani see you southeren as keferi.. get that in your head.. go and join your brother in the south and fight them just let thos of us in the middles belt have join hand both christain and muslim to fight the bastard hausa/fulani.
It is all about ethnic polities for the hausa /fulani... get that clear. Be muslim is just use as a cover up for they to do what they plan in their heart.. they are wicked people.

lionger

Quote from: "Middles belt"Hello abdugee, You have to understand how the mind of the hausa /fulani works.. They do not consider you southern muslim muslim, when I am in meeeting with them they call you keferi. You see, hausa/fulani killed muslim from the middle belt in kano and kaduna.. I am a muslim.. Some people I know where killed and they were muslim... The fight is not about christain and muslim but how the hausa/fulani would killed us all and take over our land....  They do not care if you are muslim or not.. they would kill you.. Do you know in wase , most of the real son of the land where muslim, and the hausa/fulani killled them all.. they never care if you are muslim... Hausa/fulani see you southeren as keferi.. get that in your head.. go and join your brother in the south and fight them just let thos of us in the middles belt have join hand both christain and muslim to fight the bastard hausa/fulani.
It is all about ethnic polities for the hausa /fulani... get that clear. Be muslim is just use as a cover up for they to do what they plan in their heart.. they are wicked people.

Goodness gracious middle belt,what kind of language is this? u seem to be filled with bitter hatred for the hausa-fulani, y do u even bother to post here? take it from a southern christian: please desist from spouting ignorance and hatred on this board. i think it is to the credit of most forumners that they have not descended on you yet!

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
My brother AbdulGaniyu(?),
I have read your post was very concern and symphatetic with your experience. You may have had some sour relationship with some muslims but you will agree with me that islam forbids racism. Let me also remind you some basic knowledge.......

What is Islam? is the total submission of mankind to the will of Allah (SWT) and the strict adherence to the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Islam is a complete way of life; it is non-sectarian, non-racial, non-doctrinal and it is surely a universal religion. The five pillars of Islam are:-
(a) The testimony (Kalimatis shahadah): This is the acceptance and pronouncement that there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW) is Allah's Messenger. (b) As Sallat: (Praying) five times daily (c) Az-Zakkat: giving out arms (d) Sawm: fasting in the month of Ramadan and (e) Hajj: Pilgrimage at the Holy land (Mecca).

The articles of belief are: (a) Belief in Allah (SWT) (b) Belief in the Allah's Messengers (c) Belief in the Revealed Books (Al-Qur'an, Injil (New Testament), At-Taurat (Old Testament), etc). (d) Belief in (the existence of) Angels (e) Belief in the Day of Judgement (f) Belief in faith (good or bad).

Islam is indeed total submission to the will of God (SWT), this implies, (i) faith,  (ii) doing what is right, (iii) being an example of how to do what is right, and (iv) having the power to see that the right prevails, and (v) eschewing wrong, (vi) being an example to others to eschew wrong and (vii) having the power to see that wrongs and injustice are defeated.
Islam in itself is an exceptional precious privilege: those who accept it are blessed, and endowed with the guidance and the light of Allah (SWT), Allah (SWT) says: They regard as favour upon you that they have embraced Islam. Say: "Count not your Islam as a favour upon me: Nay, but Allah has conferred a favour upon you, that He has guided you to the Faith, if you indeed are true." (Q 49:17).

Allah (SWT) sent to the world His beloved Prophet- Muhammad (SAW) as He had sent to the earlier generation Prophets and Messengers, such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus (ASW), etc. The message of these Prophets has been consistent; calling on mankind to worship none but Allah (SWT), the Creator of all beings.

Islam is the religion for all persons who belief in Allah (SWT) and His Messenger-Prophet Muhammad [SAW], irrespective of whatever race or background they might belong to. That is why Islamic civilisation is based on unity, fairness and justice. Islam is against all sort of injustice cum sundry racial or ethnic discriminations.

...A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. The piety is here, (and while saying so) he pointed towards his chest thrice. It is a serious evil for a Muslim that he should look down upon his brother Muslim. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for his brother in faith; his blood, his wealth and his honor. Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 6219.

Islam is the most anti-racist and anti-prejudicial way of life. Islamic history testifies to the openness Muslims have shown towards people of different cultures and religions. Within their own ranks, sincere and practicing Muslims have always kept their hearts and minds open to their brethren, no matter what their background.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Eskimo

Quote from: "EMTL"Assalamu alaikum,
My brother AbdulGaniyu(?),
I have read your post was very concern and symphatetic with your experience. You may have had some sour relationship with some muslims but you will agree with me that islam forbids racism. Let me also remind you some basic knowledge.......

But let ask you and Middles belt some questions that need frank answers.
1. Are you sure you a practising Muslim?
2. Do you know the tenets of Islam?
Let me aslo correct some of your apparent misconception in your post.

(a) Suratul Fatihah not Al-faltah
(b) Jihad not JAHAD

Does it really matter?? What is in the heart is left to he who owns it and He who created it.

Quote from: "Middles belt"Hello abdugee, You have to understand how the mind of the hausa /fulani works.. They do not consider you southern muslim muslim, when I am in meeeting with them they call you keferi. You see, hausa/fulani killed muslim from the middle belt in kano and kaduna.. I am a muslim.. Some people I know where killed and they were muslim... The fight is not about christain and muslim but how the hausa/fulani would killed us all and take over our land.... They do not care if you are muslim or not.. they would kill you.. Do you know in wase , most of the real son of the land where muslim, and the hausa/fulani killled them all.. they never care if you are muslim... Hausa/fulani see you southeren as keferi.. get that in your head.. go and join your brother in the south and fight them just let thos of us in the middles belt have join hand both christain and muslim to fight the bastard hausa/fulani.

:shock: The Holy Prophet said "He is not with us, who calls for tribalism. He is not with us, who fights for tribalism. He is not with us, who is killed on tribalism" So Middlebelt, by your above statement, you are no better than the killers in Plateau and Kano. you are as 'muslim' as they are!
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

_Waziri_

Salaam All,

Abdulgee, my heartfelt sympathy, though I think all that is needed to be said about those people doing these killings have been said.

What I will only add is the truth that they did not only kill non-Hausa Muslims they also killed some Hausa Muslims. It is on records.

Thank you once again.

justice

People should realise the stupidity of over stereotyping when it comes to the issue of ethnicity and religious bigotry. You have idiots and murderous thugs in kano, yelwa , lagos and warri. They come in all forms and profess to all faiths and tribes. By failing to recognise this one can easliy slip into their line of thought as imiddle belt seems to have done. The carnage in kano was borne out of greed and a propensity for these murderous thugs to use any opportunity to create anarchy and hide under the cover of the ensuing confusion to loot. A lot of moslems had their houses broken into and I know of at least one that was killed when he challenged some youth who were breaking into his neighbours house. I also know of a school proprietor who went to rescue his "non moslem" teacher and had to pay a ransom to the goons who laid siege in the area.
Religion never has anything to do with this. Last year a riot broke out in kazaure jigawa state over a childish argument between two secondary school girls. The situation was taken over by miscreants who subsequently kidnapped and raped some girls in broad daylight in the month of Ramadan! In the aftermath of the religious crises in kaduna some years back some hoodlums taking advantage regularaly went into the market and just start running wildly shouting for help and in the ensuing confusion looted shops, till they were arrested by the police after about 3 incidents.

We should recognise the fact that we are slowly turning into a lawless society and with attendant poverty and underpolicing, jobless youths hooked on drugs will do anything to make a fast buck. In brazil and mexico the problem created the "street kids" phenomenom and gangs of children robbed helpless citizens sometimes at gunpoint till the authorities cracked down on them. We are basically going thru the same process but we give it a religious or ethnic tint for selfish and political reasons.

alhaji_aminu

I am inpressed by the unanimous condemnation of MiddleBelts useless postings.  I am by far more impressed by the general feeling that religious divisions are not what is causing these problems.
May all those who lossed their lives rest in peace.

abdulgee

Salam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world is moving at the rate of a hundred thousand per hours & we had better move with it.We've to take the extra effort to make sure something new is happening around us but not killing each other or destortin things.
  All what we need as human race is tolerance, no matter where u come from or what u practice. I mighjt have said a few things before replies started poppin in, but i believe everyone has he/her opinion. As we all agree to live in this great counrty. Let's have it in mind that all we ever need to move forward is tolerance.

Brothery and Iman

We learn from our Hadith about the importance & virtue of mutual love among the Muslims. If we act upon the injunctions mentioned in this Hadith ...I quoted ..The prophet (S A W) said "No one of you becomes a true believer until he/she likes for his brother what he likes for himself".
The Muslims societies will be immediately purged of the evils like exploitation, bribery, dishonesty, falsehood, cheating, forgery, killing  e.t.c., which are rampant in them at present.
Islam has taught golden priciples to its  followers who have unfortunately neglected them and in consequence are leading a life of utter disgrace and moral turpitude. Who are we to judge apart from Allah?
 I'm very optimistic about my believe as amuslim whether you see me whatsoever.That is your own opnion.
Allah knows the best of His creatures..correct me if i'm wrong cos i don't have anything against any religion,tribes or anybody....
I'm only concerned about seeing this country moving forward to a greater height.May Allah help us all and May Allah guide us to the straight path. Amin
  Thanks for your response.........

ummita

Quote from: "Middles belt"they never care if you are muslim... Hausa/fulani see you southeren as keferi.. get that in your head.. go and join your brother in the south and fight them just let thos of us in the middles belt have join hand both christain and muslim to fight the bastard hausa/fulani.

Middle belt I felt like lightly brushing off some dust off ur window. What u said up there! That just killed me undead!! First of all let me clearly address this: that being a Fulani or Hausa does not make them bastards. I assume that u r might b upset by addressing them in such a manner but being a Fulani my face that was like a blow in the face (so keep watch of your back, she laffs) anyway this makes me a legitimate child to my parents & am 99% dead sure the Fulanis & Hausas caught up in the riot that u refer 2 as bastards equally have parents. Thus, this makes your insults so untrue & pointless (she laffs). Middle belt u have 2 understand, the fact that as much as we want to see, witness and leave in peace...some non-peacemakers are not making things any easier for others. Rather, making it difficult. When you say Hausa/Fulani, you are basically generalising things here. We have innocent lives at stake and taken by ignorant people. Live of non-Hausa/Fulde have all been ended. But you tell me, how many of these people have you ever witnessed engaging in what u term as (fighting over land)? And which is obviously not! In very rare circumstances does this kind of situations arise. Yes! The riot was triggered by landmarks belonging to which party which is not even the issue at stake, but the real spark off is nothing but tribal issues. Moreover, when God created humans he never mentioned that Fulani/Hausa & non Fulde & non Hausa speakers cannot or should never leave in the same region! In fact in reality terms, that piece of land belong to none of the conflicting parties. The world belongs to none of all humans!

Secondly, said, u were a Muslim, which I believe so and have no doubt at all, however, hardly Muslims promote violence! Hatred! Anger! Or abuse! & If u believe so, then u ought not promote fighting but then in your own thinking, I assume that you consider that by fighting this; it ends up bringing peace, but its wrong it does not and in such circumstances whichever side may call itself the victor, but my believe is there is no winners!

Furthermore, another issue that I felt like addressing from your statements is that Hausa/fulani do not see and regard all southerners as Kafir because they are very well aware of the fact that Islam is targeted 2 only Hausa/Fulani but to all who are willing & have accepted and are indeed practising Muslims. There are people not even southerners in Nija but all over African, Asian & European countries that are very well practising Islam. Chinese, Philippines, Americans, Britain, Spain, South Africans are not Hausa/Fulani & are muslims & we don?t consider them Kafirs. There are converts born from non practising Islam parents?.I can go on & on, but hey! Hardly we consider them Kafir.  Igbos & vast number of Yoruba?s practising Islam but do we disregard them just because they speak a different language?  If u truly believe that its not so then I don?t think Hausa & Fulani?s regards every Southerner as Kafir! I might slightly agree on the fact that due to geographical regions we consider non-Hausa & Fulani speakers as southern. On the other hand, you are very well trying to say that southern Muslims living in say places like, Kano are considered by Hausas as Kafirs? Absolutely not! I have so many friends from south and I do not care what religion they practise, or where they come from. MY RULE IS PRACTISE URS AND I?D PRACTISE MINE, WHERE YOU COME FROM DON?T MATTER!

Before I wrap up, let me point this out that, I do not at all think hausa and fulanis KILL innocent people. Because killing could be termed as murder and to murder some1 is to end a humans life or accelerate their death. However, Islam forbids killing, so the hausa/fulanis do not kill. And Islam does permit a Muslim 2 act in SELF DEFENCE in terms of war or in phases which cud could deeply cause harm. And that is what the hausa & fulanis who r affected by the riot are in fact doing!

Finally, you should not have it in mind but reconsider that Hausa & Fulani?s very well consider every southern Muslim as a Muslim. We do not change a Muslim?s identity infact we take great pride to accept a Kafirs identity from a non Muslim to Muslim THAT IS IF THEY ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT IT (at their own free will).  I was taught that Islam does not take-in: who u r, where u come or from or wat u may b rather, Islam accepts ALL that accepts it [Islam] itself & on its own. Religion is in the d heart & not in the knees!  As I always say there?s no reason to bring religion into it[tribal crisis] because I believe any body who practise any kind of religion should deeply believe that they ought to have as great a regard for religion as we can, so as to keep it out of as many things as possible. No reason to bring religion into this, its not fighting over land just hatred of ethnicity. Nothing rather than tribalism conflicts at its core!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!