News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Sudan Disaster

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, June 16, 2004, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

Quote from: "mallamt"Yes I agree with you lionger.  Let us get back to the subject matter.  And for Yoruba Land please stop displaying your ignorance, in the Bible when We is used by God it is know that it includes the members of the God head (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy spirit). In some other instances, We also includes the angels.  Please see the definition and usage of we when used by kings, before you say anything.

ALL THE SAME , PLEASE MALLAMT WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY SIDE, ALL WE ARE APPEALING IS THE USE OF SIMPLE/SOFT WORDINGS, NOT OFFENSIVE ONES. THE WORD 'LIAR' IS TOO HARSH EVEN TO A SMALL BOY, NOT TO TALK OF MATURED AND REASONABLE PERSON!
I STILL URGE YOU TO APOLOGISE TO WAZIRI, FOR THE SAKE OF MATURITY AND INTELLECTUALITY!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

mallamt

ok, I hear you guys and in the interest of peaceful coexistence respect to each other I humbly render my unreserved appology to _waziri_ and close this matter and for anyone else hurt by my utterance of the term or word lair to _waziri_, please do accept my appology.

mlbash

Quote from: "mallamt"ok, I hear you guys and in the interest of peaceful coexistence respect to each other I humbly render my unreserved appology to _waziri_ and close this matter and for anyone else hurt by my utterance of the term or word lair to _waziri_, please do accept my appology.

VERY GOOD O YOU MALLAMT, THANK YOU FOR THAT MATURED APPROACH AND GOD BLESS![/color] :)
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

EMTL

Assalamum alaikum,

Darfur and Crusaders
Dr. Khaled M. Batarfi, kbatarfi@al-madina.com.sa

An American friend asked me what I meant when I claimed in a previous
article (Double Talk, Double Standards) that Evangelists collect
billions to support Christian revolts in the Muslim world. I gave him three
examples: East Timor, South Sudan and Darfur. He seemed to recognize the
first two but not the last. I had to explain:

In many wild parts of the globe there have been continuous struggles
among various groups for racial, economic and religious reasons. Darfur
is a huge countryside, the size of France. It has all kinds of tough
terrains: Jungles, deserts and mountains.

Most of its inhabitants, if not all, are Muslims. They come from Arab
and African origins. The Arabs are mostly nomads and Africans farmers.
In dry seasons, nomads move to farming areas to feed their camels and
sheep. They fight over rights. This is an ancient, global phenomenon.

It was worse when central governments were weaker, like before the
present government took over. In recent years the nomads got stronger
because they joined the state in fighting the southern revolt. After the
peace accords, they returned home veterans and well-armed. In their
absence, some Africans revolted with foreign help. Support comes from the
same sources that sustained the southerners — Evangelical organizations,
neighboring countries and Israel.

The goal is to cut off the Arab Muslim Sudan from the rest of Africa.
The state called on the Arab nomads again, this time against their old
rivals. Another war ensued. Like in the southern war, the Western world
took notice only when the government forces seemed to be winning.

No one is denying that the situation is bad. Five thousand people were
killed or died from both sides, more from the insurgents. Both rivals
committed atrocities. The government should stop supporting the nomads,
and the foreign powers must cut off arms to the separatists.

Terrible as is, the situation has not reached the level of genocide,
and the government cannot alone improve the situation. More than 2,500
Iraqis were killed in a month, half the number of people killed in Darfur
in 18 months. Close to a million (and counting) of Hutus and Tutsis
were killed lately in similar conflicts in Rwanda and Burundi.

The situation is worsening there, as well as in Iraq, Afghanistan, the
occupied Palestinian territories, Chechnya, Kashmir, Muslim parts of
China and Philippines.

No one is calling this genocide or charging the US and the concerned
governments of responsibility. Why only Sudan is the focus of all
attention and actions? Is it because in most other cases Muslims are the
victims? Or is it because all the right ingredients are present here: Oil,
Islam, Arab, Israel and the Bush-Blair crusade?! You tell me, my
American friend!
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Dave_McEwan_Hill

EMTL's diagnosis of the conflict in Darfur is complete nonsense and dangerous nonsense for any person who may be persuaded to believe it.
It is the spreading of this sort of nonsense that causes racial and religious hate.
maigemu

EMTL

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"EMTL's diagnosis of the conflict in Darfur is complete nonsense and dangerous nonsense for any person who may be persuaded to believe it.
It is the spreading of this sort of nonsense that causes racial and religious hate.

Why the insults? People like Dave have a disease in their hearts and thus do not understand the truth whenever it is explained.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

waz

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"EMTL's diagnosis of the conflict in Darfur is complete nonsense and dangerous nonsense for any person who may be persuaded to believe it.

Isn't that a little harsh? Just because you may not agree with everything EMTL wrote,that is no reason to call it nonsense. And what's this about it being dangerous, people have the right and choice to read and hold views about any information they come accross. After all you read it and thought it was utter nonsense didn't you, so why not give other's the benefit of the doubt?

lionger

Any analysis of the Sudan crisis that does not put the majority of the blame where it obviously belongs: at the foot of a govt. that has obviously been peddling discriminatory policies since the beginnig of its existence; but instead chooses to blame the Bush-Blair crusade, Israel and Evangelical groups (lol @the last one  :lol: ) , and play a deceitful numbers comparison game in a place where over 2 million have died and over 4 million displaced in two decades; is at best a joke in my humblest of opinions. Unfortunately I can't say that Dave's comments are off the mark, though uncharacteristically harsh. EMTL, there is little truth  in what that Doctor had to say, he is simply peddling deceit. Anyone who has bothered to actually study Sudan's history will find his analysis to be clutching straws. Honestly, is this not the first time we are hearing of the Sudan in international news, as compared to Chechnya, the Philippines,  Kashmir and of course Palestine, Iraq and afghanistan? Who exactly is 'the focuz of all attentions and actions?' Please let's call a spade a spade where ever and whenever we see it!

mallamt

Part of the problem with some people is that they are the exact copies of Bush yet they try to accuse Bush, Blair, America etc for everything that has gone wrong.  These people have shown complete incapability to focus on an issue and thus go about grabing at things randomly.  That is the exact tactics that Bush used for his war in Iraq, first we were told that it was Al Qaida and Osama, then it was WMD, then it was a preemtive strike, then it was operation free Iraq, then democratising middle east starting from Iraq etc, yet at no time were we made to focus on the issue, then which was 911.  It was for that reason the war was seen as unjustified because the the world was being taken on a merry go round without us being allowed to focus on the issue which did not require a war.  The same thing happens here were are taken on a tangent on issues so that we loose focus and the main issue ends up never attended to or discussed

Dave_McEwan_Hill

If my previous post on this issue offended any one i apologise but i will not retract anything I said about EMTL's post.
Murder is always murder. Nothing that has happened before or happened somewhere else can excuse murder
The Sudan government is murdering women and children. It is not possible to justify this in any way by quoting things that have happened before.
There is genocide against the black people of Sudan going on as I write and an estimated 400 women dying every day in Darfur. This makes me very angry and very unhappy. I don't want to hear anyone making any excuses for this .
maigemu

Barde

Dave,

Why did you accused only Muslims "for turning their eyes away" from your thread? considering the fact that Christian kanoonliners too did not comment on the thread.

Lionger/ Mallamt,

Dave directed his question only to muslim kanoonliners depite the fact that you guys as (christians) did not say anything on his thread. That was my reason  for saying  the thread is been given Islamic colouration.
im

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Barde
I believe that the government of Sudan is behaving in exactly the same way to the people of Darfur as the Israelis are behaving to the Palestinians. In fact with over 50,000 now dead it is worse than the killing in Palestine. I myself do not care what religion any person is. But I think that the judgement on the Sudan Government should be the same as the judgement on the Israelis. Some people in this forum have made some sort of excuses for the Sudan government or given reasons blaming others for some of its evil actions. Some who have been very loud in their correct condemnation of Israel are quiet on Sudan. I suspect this is because the behaviour of the Sudan Government is a disgrace to Islam. I understand why many Onliners may feel this disgrace very deeply. I do not mean to offend anyone by making this point. It is worth remembering the famous quote
"For evil to succeed it is only required that good men say nothing"
maigemu

al_hamza

hahahaha,
Dave who do you think is ashamed here of whats happeining in sudann?
some months ago you were shouting on the top of your voice that americans are against bush... he should have lost badly but recent news shows that its a tight election. Hmm dave, please you have wasted your life and gained no "sense" just keep quite and sit down.

if my enemy slaps my brother a hundred times, and my brother slaps his enemy's brother once.... i wont find it difficult to turn a blind eye.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I can make no sense of Al Hamza's post which has nothing to say about the fact that helpless women and children are still being murdered on a daily basis in Sudan by forces organised by the Sudan government.
Bush seems to have won the American election which shows the huge depth of political stupidity of the average American but this has nothing to do with Sudan.
maigemu

EMTL

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"I can make no sense of Al Hamza's post which has nothing to say about the fact that helpless women and children are still being murdered on a daily basis in Sudan by forces organised by the Sudan government.
Bush seems to have won the American election which shows the huge depth of political stupidity of the average American but this has nothing to do with Sudan.

More innocent children and women are being bombed and killed by the Americans daily in Iraq than what is happening in Sudan.

AMERICA IS EVIL SO ALSO THE AMERICANS. DEATH TO AMREICANS AND OTHER SUNDRY ENEMIES OF PEACE (ISLAM).