News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

VOICE OVER IP

Started by jewel(abdulgee22), August 01, 2004, 08:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jewel(abdulgee22)

HEY, PLZ WERE R ALL THE NETWORKERS ???
PLZ CAN SOMEONE GIVE MOI A BRIEF IDEA OF VOIP. I HEARD THAT IS MORE CHEAPER AFFORDABLE.
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

CEO

VOIP or voice over internet protocol is a new technology that lets phone calls be routed over an internet connection.A normal phoneline consist of voice line and data line merged in to one line.A phonecall will go through the phone line and a fax for instance will go through the data line.
 After the discovery of DSL and advances in High Speed internet connection such cable connection,Telephone companies spend millions of dollar in to research and they found out that  phone calls can be carried over an internet connection.The reason why it is cheap is,alot of cost are eliminated.e.g access fee,some taxes also,poll fee and so on.Also you can use your regular telephone.For more information click on visit one of the following sites
http://www.usa.att.com/callvantage/index.jsp?soac=76613
http://www.vonage.com
I hope this helps

Anonymous

CEO I completely agree with yor argument.

Penjab

Hi! Download Skype program from www.skype.com. It's free program for phone talks via Internet - PC to PC and optional PC to phone.
I have tried it within Europe and between EU and Nigeria (Lagos).

mlbash

Quote from: "Penjab"Hi! Download Skype program from www.skype.com. It's free program for phone talks via Internet - PC to PC and optional PC to phone.
I have tried it within Europe and between EU and Nigeria (Lagos).

that's very wonderful, so it worked between EU and nigeria?
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Penjab

Yes, brother! I tried it between Bulgaria and: Germany, Nigeria, India and USA.
Probably you are interested regarding to the quality of the link betweem Nigeria and EU? Well! Some of my experience:

Bulgaria-Germany - very poor connection. I mean very big delay - bigger than usual delay between Nigeria and Europe using fixed or mobile (MTN) phone.

Bulgaria-India - much more better, but with usual delay.

Bulgaria-USA - very good!

Bulgaria - Nigeria. Several calls to Lagos. Usual delay during the first call, and excellent quality during the next calls - without any delay and better than fixed phone or MTN.
May be the reason for bad quality to part of a.m. countries is due to the bad Bulgarian IPs or/and specific routes of IP telephony - different than others.
So, just try it - it's free.
In Skype, I'm desertleo2005.

mlbash

Quote from: "Penjab"Yes, brother! I tried it between Bulgaria and: Germany, Nigeria, India and USA.
Probably you are interested regarding to the quality of the link betweem Nigeria and EU? Well! Some of my experience:

Bulgaria-Germany - very poor connection. I mean very big delay - bigger than usual delay between Nigeria and Europe using fixed or mobile (MTN) phone.

Bulgaria-India - much more better, but with usual delay.

Bulgaria-USA - very good!

Bulgaria - Nigeria. Several calls to Lagos. Usual delay during the first call, and excellent quality during the next calls - without any delay and better than fixed phone or MTN.
May be the reason for bad quality to part of a.m. countries is due to the bad Bulgarian IPs or/and specific routes of IP telephony - different than others.
So, just try it - it's free.
In Skype, I'm desertleo2005.

that's great!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable