News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE QUICKEST ROASTED CHICKEN

Started by kofa, May 05, 2004, 01:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kofa

2 chicken breasts with skin and on the bone
4 paper thin lemon slices
8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 sprigs thyme or any fresh herb you like
Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Slide 2 fingers under chicken skin and loosen enough to tuck 2 lemon slices, 4 garlic slices and 1 thyme sprig underneath the skin, directly over the breast meat of each chicken breast. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken in 9 by 13- inch glass baking dish. Pour 1 cup chicken broth, remaining sliced garlic and thyme sprigs in pan bottom.

Place in oven and roast until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Pour pan juices into a small sauce pot. Add lemon juice. Reduce over medium high heat until sauce has thickened to almost a glaze. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Pour juices over chicken and serve immediately.

mmmmhhhhh BAKA BA YARO MAI KYUYA BA
n GOD i trust

ummita

Can I use this recipe for Steaks? What if one does not like lemon, can the person substitute it with vinegar or add alot of spices? Thanks for that tip Kofa. I always end up spending an 1hr or sometimes more than that just to roast Chicken and its so annoying especially when you have guest!!
Men can surely cook. dats right am a beliver!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

kofa

well u can use them as substitute.besides indomie can be by the side.it's all the matter of emergency.
n GOD i trust

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: "kofa"
2 chicken breasts with skin and on the bone
4 paper thin lemon slices
8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 sprigs thyme or any fresh herb you like
Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Slide 2 fingers under chicken skin and loosen enough to tuck 2 lemon slices, 4 garlic slices and 1 thyme sprig underneath the skin, directly over the breast meat of each chicken breast. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken in 9 by 13- inch glass baking dish. Pour 1 cup chicken broth, remaining sliced garlic and thyme sprigs in pan bottom.

Place in oven and roast until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Pour pan juices into a small sauce pot. Add lemon juice. Reduce over medium high heat until sauce has thickened to almost a glaze. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Pour juices over chicken and serve immediately.

mmmmhhhhh BAKA BA YARO MAI KYUYA BA

A BABA  YAYA KA I YA YIN TUWO? GUIDE MOI.
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

dan kauye

Quote from: "ummita"Can I use this recipe for Steaks? What if one does not like lemon, can the person substitute it with vinegar or add alot of spices? Thanks for that tip Kofa. I always end up spending an 1hr or sometimes more than that just to roast Chicken and its so annoying especially when you have guest!!
Men can surely cook. dats right am a beliver!!

ahh ummiter ,vinegar or no vinigar,lemon abi na lime,plz weneva u make such delicacy invite me ova.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke