News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Aloe Vera

Started by Ihsan, August 10, 2004, 09:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihsan

Aloe, native to Africa, is also known as "lily of the desert", the "plant of immortality", and the "medicine plant". The name was derived from the Arabic alloeh meaning "bitter" because of the bitter liquid found in the leaves. In 1500 B.C. Egyptians recorded use of the herbal plant in treating burns, infections and parasites.
There are over 500 species of aloe growing in climates worldwide. Ancient Greeks, Arabs and Spaniards have used the plant throughout the millennia. African hunters still rub the gel on their bodies to reduce perspiration and their scent.

Extensive research since the 1930's has shown that the clear gel has a dramatic ability to heal wounds, ulcers and burns by putting a protective coating on the affected areas and speeding up the healing rate.

The plant is about 96% water. The rest of it contains active ingredients including essential oil, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glycoproteins. Modern healers have used it since the 1930's. Many liquid health treatments are made, some combining aloe juice with other plants and herbs. The juice is soothing to digestive tract irritations, such as colitis and peptic ulcers.

As a food supplement, aloe is said to facilitate digestion, aid in blood and lymphatic circulation, as well as kidney, liver and gall bladder functions.

Aloe contains at least three anti-inflammatory fatty acids that are helpful for the stomach, small intestine and colon. It naturally alkalizes digestive juices to prevent overacidity - a common cause of indigestion. It helps cleanse the digestive tract by exerting a soothing, balancing effect.

A newly discovered compound in aloe, acemannan, is currently being studied for its ability to strengthen the bodies natural resistance. Studies have shown acemannan to boost T-lymphocyte cells that aid the immune system.

Those wise to the ways of aloe healing keep this plant in the kitchen. When the leaf is broken, its gel is placed on burns to relieve pain and prevent blisters. Aloe may reduce inflammation, decrease swelling and redness, and accelerate wound healing.

Aloe can aid in keeping the skin supple, and has been used in the control of acne and eczema. It can relieve itching due to insect bites and allergies. Aloe's healing power come from increasing the availability of oxygen to the skin, and by increasing the synthesis and strength of tissue.

Part Used: Aloe vera "extract" is made by pulverizing the whole leaves of the plant. Aloe juice is made from the inner leaf.

Common Use: Aloe supplements can be used for peptic ulcers and for gastro-intestinal health. Aloe has a moisturizing effect on the skin and is a common remedy for sunburn and skin irritation. Often used direct form the flowerpot in the treatment of minor burns and wounds. To make a salve; remove the thin outer skin and process the leaves in a blender, add 500 units of vitamin C powder to each cup and store in refrigerator.

Care: Keep in sandy soil that is well drained. Potted plants need filtered sun or full shade.

Source: http://www.kcweb.com/herb/aloevera.htm
greetings from Ihsaneey

gogannaka

Thanx ihsan.......naji an ce wai aloe vera increases long life..
i wonder how?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

dan kauye

nice post  ihsan.but u need to elaborate a lil more on how to use it,squeeze it?,used like dat on face or body or ....???
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

Ihsan

dan kauye, do a search on aloe vera and u'll find ur answer insha ALlah. Na san dai ana sha (pills), shampoo, body oil, etc.
greetings from Ihsaneey

mlbash

WOW WOW! IHSAN I BELIEVE YOU ARE A GOOD WRITER AND ANALIST BUT NEVER HAD THE SLIGHTEST HINT THAT YOU ARE ALSO AN APOTHECARIST! :lol:
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Ihsan

Errr...mlbash, I am good at COPY AND PASTING but I DID NOT write that stuff. I provided the link to where I got that article.
greetings from Ihsaneey

mlbash

Quote from: "Ihsan"Errr...mlbash, I am good at COPY AND PASTING but I DID NOT write that stuff. I provided the link to where I got that article.

OH................ I GOT IT NOW! BUT HAVE YOU GONE ON HYBERNATION TOO? IT IS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN ABSENT FOR SOME TIME  HUH?
 JUST TO SAY I..............................!
:lol:
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Hafsy_Lady

A'a see us see wahala, leave the GIRL alone. Just use Aloe Vera. My dear I use Aloe Vera back in the days and yup it does cure loaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddds. But I use it for body care as per hair shampoo concerned!!!

Mhmmmm you berra inform Dankauye how to go about using it Aloe before he gets the fresh herbs and gets it in juicee form and drinks! :o  Death is the name. It has to go under some extract. There isnt alot of body products of Aloe for men just afew but loaddddddddddddddddddddddddddds are available for chikahs. This makes me wonder, men never actually take care of their skin fa! Its only PETROLEUM JELLY (meaning vaseline) thats why most men's skin if you look closely you can see HUGE cracks line that you can view your future thorugh it.
OYA MAKE WUNA KILL ME :P  :D
What you see is what you get[/b]

gogannaka

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady"A'a see us see wahala, leave the GIRL alone. Just use Aloe Vera. My dear I use Aloe Vera back in the days and yup it does cure loaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddds. But I use it for body care as per hair shampoo concerned!!!

Mhmmmm you berra inform Dankauye how to go about using it Aloe before he gets the fresh herbs and gets it in juicee form and drinks! :o  Death is the name. It has to go under some extract. There isnt alot of body products of Aloe for men just afew but loaddddddddddddddddddddddddddds are available for chikahs. This makes me wonder, men never actually take care of their skin fa! Its only PETROLEUM JELLY (meaning vaseline) thats why most men's skin if you look closely you can see HUGE cracks line that you can view your future thorugh it.
OYA MAKE WUNA KILL ME :P  :D

:evil:  :evil:  be kiyaful fa.All this yab don do like dat.

Anonymous

Ihsan I completely gotta agree with you.

arubuta

i'm a microbioogist. i did my degree research using aloe vera, i tested it on some clinical bacterial isolates (it means samples of bacteria from patients in the hospital was taken) did an antimicrobial sensitivity test. well my results were... how can i put it .... negative ( it means based on my experiment, aloe vera was not able to inhibits[stop, reduce ] bacterial growth. about six different types of bacteria.
but what can i say may be it does its work, may be not.
what , i did it in nigeria, may be the environment was not favourable, NEPA then was doing its best not to provide electricity, among others.
nah let me stop here.

you should continue using ur aloe products wo
If all the trees on earth were pen
and all the sea, with seven more besides, was ink,
God's words would not run dry
  Q31:27

gogannaka

Ana wata ga wata.

The bacteria must have been a tough one.

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on January 18, 2008, 12:24:53 PM
Ana wata ga wata.

The bacteria must have been a tough one.

Don't understand? There is bacteria infection in using aloe vera?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

arubuta

nope, ba haka ba

abin da ake nufi is that

those using / selling aloe vera are saying that

aloe has some antimicrobial activity.. meaning that

it has the potential or ability to kill bacterial organisms

not only do they kill bacteria but the also inhibit fungal growth too.

too me its a very interesting topic about how the aloe vera works.

if u like i can post a literature review i did about that plant

u will see many amazing thing people and researchers claim (or i wont say that)

it does clinically.

ina fatan ka ka je Gano (ka fahimta) ka kuma so kake mu tafi Karaye (karin bayani)
If all the trees on earth were pen
and all the sea, with seven more besides, was ink,
God's words would not run dry
  Q31:27