News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Is Islam Synonymous to violence?

Started by Barde, August 31, 2004, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barde

Assalam Alaikum,

Let me start by asking another question, Does the periodic violence here and there in which Muslims are involved not reflect some Islamic teachings such as "Jihad"?

The basis for this kind of judgement would not be fair, whether applied to islam,christianity or any Religion. A way of life or religion is not to be judged by those of its followers who may disobey or be ignorant of its teachings. It should be judged by the actual teachings of its scriptures. It is therefore more reasonable to assess Islam by the teachings of the Qur'an and the sayings and deeds of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

The Same principle should be used in evaluating any religion. Otherwise, Christians for example fought each other in the first World War (about 18 million people killed) and the second World War(about 32 million killed). They also carried out the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing thousands of innocent civilians. For centuries they organised the Crusades, the trans-Atlantic Slave Trade from Africa to America, the colonization and the exploitation of African and Asian countries and the genocide of the native Americans and Australians. In our own time we have witnessed bombing and killing between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland, the Mafia criminal organisations of italy and America, the columbia drug wars, the "ethnic cleansing", murder and rape of the Bosnian Muslims. Christians are also involved in the ever-growing crime and violence in parts of the world with christian majoriities such as America, Europe and even Parts of Africa. Would we be right to conclude that this violence by some christians is a reflection of some of the teachings of Christianity? Christians would certainly find that unfair, even if the perpetrators of some of these actions claimed to act in the name of Christ. Also, Would it be a fair Judgement if we refer to all Christains as Homosexuals and lesbians considering the fact that there are some churches that register such marriages? Certainly thats wouldn't be a fair judgement because we all know the bible does not allow that.

As with any other religion or way of life therefore, ISLAM IS NOT TO BE JUDGED BY WHAT SOME SO-CALLED MUSLIMS DO, WHEN IT IS CLEAR THEY ARE GOING AGAINST THE TEACHINGS OF ISLAM.
The qur'an teaches: "invite all to the way of your lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching"(Qur. 16:125) Islam therefore does not teach violence.

But what about Jihad? Let me add to what my fellow kanoonliners wrote, firstly, let us understand the meaning of the Arabic word "Jihad" in the islamic context. Jihad on its own simply means Struggle, to exert effort or to strive. Jihad in islam basically refers to the unceasing effort an individual must make towards self-improvement and self-purification. It also refers to the duty of Muslims both at the individual and collective level to struggle against all forms of evil, corruption, injustice, tyranny and oppression, whether this injustice is commited against Muslims or non-Muslims.

Muslims are not to commit aggression or to initiate violence."For God does not love the aggressors" (Qur.2:190). If however they are attacked, they have the right to resist and if necessary to fight to overthrow tyranny and oppression, so that people can live in freedom and with their basic human rights.

Some Christians believe in pacifism, that is, non-resistance to aggression, but the mainstream of Christianity has always upheld the right of self-defence and concept of a "Just war", which is why the christian churches train and post Chaplains to the armed forces.
There is therefore agreement in principle between Christianity and Islam on the need to resist evil and agression. IF IT COMES TO THE ACTUAL TRACK RECORD OF THE OPPRESSION AND VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS AND SO-CALLED MUSLIMS, THE ACTION OF SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS AND OTHER NONE MUSLIMS AS LISTED ABOVE OVER THE PAST 1,OOO YEARS INDICATE A FAR WORSE RECORD OF AGGRESSION THAN ANYTHING DONE BY SO-CALLED MUSLIMS. WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THE CONTINUOS MENSIONING OF ISLAM AND MUSLIMS WHENEVER VIOLENT RELATED THREAD IS BEEN DISCUSSED HERE. I WILL BE HAPPY IF SOMEONE CAN PROVIDE ME WITH THE REASON.
LET ME CATEGORICALLY STATED THAT, LET US BE FAIR AND JUDGE A RELIGION BY ITS TEACHINGS AND NOT BY THE BEHAVIOUR OF HUMAN BEINGS WHOSE ACTIONS ARE IN DEFIANCE OR IGNORANCE OF THE RELIGION THEY CLAIM TO FOLLOW.

Dear muslim reader, please read widely and indepth about your religion, and do not let people to exploit your ignorance about the truth of islam. Remember, if due to your laziness to seek and know the truth you get misguided, then you deserve it. May Allah continue to guide us along his straight path.

As-salamu alaikum- peace be on to you, as prophet Isa (alaihissalam) greets his desciples and recommended them to say whenever they enter a house or meet someone ( see Luke 10:5 and John 20:26). (Suprisingly) A typical of way of how muslims greet each other.

Barde.
im

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Barde your post is already biased against Islam and Muslims, could you provide answers to the below questions:

1. Who started the Jos religious crises? A christain woman it was
2. Who started the Zango kataf crisis? the chritians
3. Who started the kafanchan crisis? Christians ofcourse
4. Who started the Numan crisis? chritians started the killings of innocent Muslims
5. Who started the Kaduna crises: Christians started with riot and killed many innocent Muslims
6. Who started the Shagamu crisis? the Muslims were attacked in their mosques.
7. Who started the Yelwan Shendam killings? who?

WHY THEN DID YOU CLAIM THAT ISLAM/MUSLIMS LIKE VIOLENCE?
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Barde

Quote from: "EMTL"Assalamu alaikum,
Barde your post is already biased against Islam and Muslims, could you provide answers to the below questions:

1. Who started the Jos religious crises? A christain woman it was
2. Who started the Zango kataf crisis? the chritians
3. Who started the kafanchan crisis? Christians ofcourse
4. Who started the Numan crisis? chritians started the killings of innocent Muslims
5. Who started the Kaduna crises: Christians started with riot and killed many innocent Muslims
6. Who started the Shagamu crisis? the Muslims were attacked in their mosques.
7. Who started the Yelwan Shendam killings? who?

WHY THEN DID YOU CLAIM THAT ISLAM/MUSLIMS LIKE VIOLENCE?

EMTL,

Did you at all read and understand the topic? I was trying to answer a question normally ask by some non-muslims. I advice you to go through it once more.
im

SAAHIB 92

BARDE'

NEVER BE THE SAME IN SYNONMOUS OR IN ANYTHING

ISLAM ABHORS VIOLENCE, INFACT PRESCRIBED A CERTAIN PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE WHO IGNITE, OR CAUSE VIOLENCE IN UMMAH.

ANOTHER CLEAR EXAMPLE IS SHOULD "THE PURIFIED ONE AND UNPURIFIED  ONE BE SIMILAR OR THE SAME?"NO & NEVER !!
SO THAT IS ISLAM (THE ALLAH'S RELIGION)

XANKS 4 THIS VRY HOT TOPIC, I WILL INSHA'ALLAH FULLY REPLY

MA'ASSALAM[/b]
Radina billahi Rabban,
Wa bil Islami Dinan,
Wa bi Muhammadin Nabiyya!"

ABBAS A YAKASAI

al_hamza

People love qouting Islam as a religion of peace. In-fact they even go to the extent of saying the word Islam itself means peace.
What people dont understand is Islam is a complete religion.
Nothing stated in it is a myth, be it the way we pray or the dowry system we follow or the Shariah law.
Islam is peace when you follow the ideology fully.
Zakkat system wiped out poverty within 10yrs of Umar (R.T.A) time, and we should not forget that he ruled over one of the largest kingdoms.

The question you should ask yourself for the hardships we muslims face today is.... ARE WE FOLLOWING ISLAM?

IF YOU QOUTE SAUDI ARABIA.... TELL ME IF THE PROPHET (P.B.U.H) EVER ADVOCATED KINGSHIP?

ALLAH (S.W.T) HIMSELF SAYS, (I DONT KNOW THE EXACT WORDS BUT ITS SOME HOW LIKE THIS).. ASK THEM (UNBELIEVERS) TO FIND ANYTHING CONTRADICTING IN AL QUR'AN.

THERE IS AN AYYAH IN SURAH AL-IMRAN THAT SAYS

"THOSE THAT TAKE THEIR BROTHERS OR SISTERS, PARENTS, OR WIFE HER HUSBAND OR HUSBAND HIS WIFE, MORE IMPORTANT THAN ALLAH(S.W.T) OR HIS PROPHET(S.A.W) OR JIHAD FI SABILILLAH SHOULD WAIT FOR THE WRATH OF ALLAH (S.W.T)

WE ARENT BUDHISTS FOR HEAVEN SAKES, NEITHER HAS OUR QUR'AN BEEN CHANGED, ISLAM ISNT A RELIGION WHERE WE PUT OUR OTHER CHEEK BEFORE THE ENEMY TO SPANK.

THE BORDERS THAT TODAY WE ARE CONFINED TO, ARE MADE BY THE WHITES/ CHRISTIANS. FOR THE LAST 150-200YRS WE HAVE BEEN MADE SLAVES MENTALLY.

ISNT IT THE TIME FOR US TO RISE?
OR TILL WHEN WILL WE REMAIN PESTS?

for those who say
1)"WHAT DO I CARE?"
2)"WHAT CAN I DO?"

THERE WAS A JEWISH TRIBE THAT WERE FISHERMEN.
ALLAH (S.W.T) ASKED THEM TO FISH ALL DAYS EXCEPT SATURDAYS.
TO TEST THEIR FAITHS ALLAH (S.W.T) MADE AMPLE FISH SWIM IN THE RIVER ON SATURDAYS, SO MUCH THAT COULD BE SEEN WITH THE NAKED EYE.
AS THE LAW SAID NO FISHING ON SATURDAY, A GROUP OF THE JEWS DUG A CANAL NEXT TO THE RIVER AND WOULD OPEN IT ON SATURDAY SO THE FISH WOULD GO IN, AND THEN ON SUNDAYS WOULD COLLECT IT ALL.

A SECOND GROUP SAID "OH WHAT CAN WE DO, LET THEM DO AS THEY WISH".

THE THIRD GROUP TRIED TO STOP THE FIRST GROUP BUT NO ONE LISTENED TO THEM.

WHEN ALLAH'S (S.W.T) WRATH CAME, THE FIRST GROUP WAS DESTROYED AND THE SECOND GROUP WHERE TURNED INTO MONKEYS.

THE QUESTION IS, DO YOU WANT TO BE THE THIRD GROUP THAT SURVIVED?
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!