News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Muslims and Neckties

Started by EMTL, September 08, 2004, 10:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Question :

Assalmu Alikem
Can you tell me what is the ruling in wearing ties. some people say it is haram and others say no. Please help and Elaborate. Jazak Allah khir

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

The Muslim is supposed to be distinct from non-Muslims in his appearance and clothing, because this is what Islam says. Also, the Muslim should not wear anything that is the distinctive clothing of the kuffaar. With regard to neckties, if a person can do without them, this is better, but if he has to wear them there is nothing wrong with that, in sha Allaah – but he should make sure that they are not made of natural silk and that they do not have crosses or pictures of animate creatures on them. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

mlbash

ASSALAM ENGR,
WELL............I'M NOT A SCHOLAR, AND I'M SATISFIED WITH THE ABOVE RULING. BUT I WANT TO ADD IN ADDITION; THE SOURCE OF NECKTIE IS FROM THE CROSS! SO MUSLIM SHOULD TAKE NOTICE OF THAT.
:(
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

maleek

no way! the necktie has its origins in NO WAY from the cross!!!! the french kings in the era of louis XIV had guards from croatia that wore pieces of tissue/sort of bandanas around their neck, and the royal entourage found that "hip" and adopted that fashion............so i don t see no harm in it. if u start tellin people that they shouldnt wear ties to distinct them from non-muslims then people should have to walk around in khaftans all day, cause pants and shirts are exactly the way almost anyone of any religion is dressin today.........so i think u get in trouble with that topic....

Eskimo

Next time it will be the issue of P-cap, jeans and the sort!
Discuss solid things not unfounded issues...what will ever be wrong with necktie???
mhn...I wonder!
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

kitkat

If a westerner whose notion of dressing well is a good suit with a tie becomes a moslem, does it mean he has to abandon that mode of dressing?

Come to think of it is the babban riga or malun malun that we wear islamic in the strict sense of the word?

Shoudlnt a strict interpretation of of this principle be that everybody abandons his traditional clothes and go back to the mode of dressing in the time of the prophet(SAW). Come to think of it even the modern arab way of dressing is an adaptation of what obtained then and not exact.

I think the principle of dressing in islam is focused on clean clothes free of najasa covering the aura, and an attempt to start classifying what is islamic and what is not is simply splitting hairs, and if sttretched to an illogical extent you may have to abandon your taguwa and aska biyu because there is nothing "islamic" about them!! .

mlbash

Quote from: "maleek"no way! the necktie has its origins in NO WAY from the cross!!!! the french kings in the era of louis XIV had guards from croatia that wore pieces of tissue/sort of bandanas around their neck, and the royal entourage found that "hip" and adopted that fashion............so i don t see no harm in it. if u start tellin people that they shouldnt wear ties to distinct them from non-muslims then people should have to walk around in khaftans all day, cause pants and shirts are exactly the way almost anyone of any religion is dressin today.........so i think u get in trouble with that topic....

mallam i think you are in trouble with yourself not we are in trouble with our topic! i don't know what your source of information is, whatever it is, you'll suprise me if you expect the jews to tell over the internet or in encycholopeadiea what the real source is!
and the best of learned person in islam , is the one that never take side with the unbelievers in any given condition! so what i expect from you is to keep silent in this issue not to take the wrong side out of ignorance!
one thing you should bear in your mind is, islam always discourages a muslim to behave in whatsoever like the unbelievers, in other words a muslim is expected to behave, dress, act and do everything in different way from non believers!
please take note of these and confirm every word of mine from our mallams!

maleek

true dat!!! i completeley forgot that u were present when they invented the tie!!!!

or maybe it s just ur paranoia that makes u think that anything against ur opinion is manipulated by the jews?????????

don t f.... diss me, u don t know me and i dont know u.....learn to respect ur enemies before u know how to fight them.......

mlbash

Quote from: "maleek"true dat!!! i completeley forgot that u were present when they invented the tie!!!!

or maybe it s just ur paranoia that makes u think that anything against ur opinion is manipulated by the jews?????????

don t f.... diss me, u don t know me and i dont know u.....learn to respect ur enemies before u know how to fight them.......

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT ADVICE, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

I REST MY CASE.

PEACE OUT!

al_hamza

I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE BABBAN RIGA WOULD BE REGARDED AS "FUNNY COSTUME", I WEAR JEANS AND SHIRTS, THE THING IS I DO AGREE COMEPLETLY, THAT ON THE DAY OF "AL-KIYAMAH" WE WOULD ARISE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE LIKE TO BEHAVE (AND DRESS LIKE). BUT IS JEANS NOW AN AMERICAN CLOTH? IS IT OK TO CALL IT THAT WAY WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD WEARS IT? I MEAN WHEN WEARING IT, I GUESS NOT EVEN 0.01% PEOPLE THINK "ALL-RIGHT I LOOK AMERICAN!". GIMME A BREAK....
AS FOR TIE... I HAVE HEARD FROM LEARNED MEN (ULEMAS) THAT TO KEEP THE FIRST BUTTON OPEN IS SUNNAH. (THE ONE ON THE COLLAR) SO IF YOU ARE TRYING TO FULFILL A SUNNAH.... THE TIE WOULD BE A PROBLEM.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

mlbash

ummita

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

I dont Phuckin believe this!! you guys are now trying to discriminate against dress codes ? What kinda phuckin world do you live in  abaya babban riga or jallabiya are immensily impractical where i live. just imagine running after the train in a packed subway station chuggin your babban riga behind or opening the top button and exposing your bare neck to the crispy 10 below zero eastcoast winter. matter of fact its not only impractical its down right suicidal plus its been roughly a millenium and a half since prophect Mohammad PBUH lived and  if you guys think that we still need to walk arround in jallabiyas then you simply just phuckin lost, the prophect lived and in a certain climate culture and civilization wore clothes that ware indemic to that specific region and culture and if any ulama'a tell me to abandon clothes that are prevailent in my culture and climate i will give em the middle finger. why dont you guys try discussing important issues to humanity such as the role imposed  on women in Islam or the social and racial discrimination that plagues the religion not some shyt as trivial as a phuckin tie !!! get a life !!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Anonymous"I dont Phuckin believe this!! you guys are now trying to discriminate against dress codes ? What kinda phuckin world do you live in  abaya babban riga or jallabiya are immensily impractical where i live. just imagine running after the train in a packed subway station chuggin your babban riga behind or opening the top button and exposing your bare neck to the crispy 10 below zero eastcoast winter. matter of fact its not only impractical its down right suicidal plus its been roughly a millenium and a half since prophect Mohammad PBUH lived and  if you guys think that we still need to walk arround in jallabiyas then you simply just phuckin lost, the prophect lived and in a certain climate culture and civilization wore clothes that ware indemic to that specific region and culture and if any ulama'a tell me to abandon clothes that are prevailent in my culture and climate i will give em the middle finger. why dont you guys try discussing important issues to humanity such as the role imposed  on women in Islam or the social and racial discrimination that plagues the religion not some shyt as trivial as a phuckin tie !!! get a life !!!

Anonymous

Guest posted the response below!

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "Anonymous"I dont Phuckin believe this!! you guys are now trying to discriminate against dress codes ? What kinda phuckin world do you live in  abaya babban riga or jallabiya are immensily impractical where i live. just imagine running after the train in a packed subway station chuggin your babban riga behind or opening the top button and exposing your bare neck to the crispy 10 below zero eastcoast winter. matter of fact its not only impractical its down right suicidal plus its been roughly a millenium and a half since prophect Mohammad PBUH lived and  if you guys think that we still need to walk arround in jallabiyas then you simply just phuckin lost, the prophect lived and in a certain climate culture and civilization wore clothes that ware indemic to that specific region and culture and if any ulama'a tell me to abandon clothes that are prevailent in my culture and climate i will give em the middle finger. why dont you guys try discussing important issues to humanity such as the role imposed  on women in Islam or the social and racial discrimination that plagues the religion not some shyt as trivial as a phuckin tie !!! get a life !!!

Well Mr Guest, do you think your fucking necktie will save you from the cold you described?

Mr Guest, if you dont have anything to say about this issue, please fucking keep quite and let serious people discuss the issue.

Abd-dollah

Yo Guest ( or whatever your phuckin' name is )
    there is something called "comprehension" ever heard of it ? well in case you havent this thing is required in conversations before one goes arround running his mouth what i said was
"opening the top button and exposing your bare neck to the crispy 10 below zero eastcoast winter"

my point being stressed on "opening" the top button not "wearing" ties but if the two are one and thesame to you then maybe u and i have nothing to talk about ! u DUMB phuck!!!!!!!!!!