News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Northern Stars!!!!

Started by Blaqueen, November 27, 2002, 11:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guduma

Instead of harping on who the northern stars are/were, i think it will be a good idea to start with why the north ticks. Like to say why did Lord Luggard opted for the north instead of the south. Also why he became interested in the administrative set up he found existing in the north, when the south does not have any form of government then? Was it a coincidence or by destiny that even at that time the north had its own functional legal system, tax collection, schools etc? With those facilities on the ground then, how come the south overtook the north in terms of education?

kilishi

QuoteInstead of harping on who the northern stars are/were, i think it will be a good idea to start with why the north ticks. Like to say why did Lord Luggard opted for the north instead of the south. Also why he became interested in the administrative set up he found existing in the north, when the south does not have any form of government then? Was it a coincidence or by destiny that even at that time the north had its own functional legal system, tax collection, schools etc? With those facilities on the ground then, how come the south overtook the north in terms of education?

You are right,but please look carefully at this ,by late sir Abubakar t'balewa"if ever the northern provinces change[u know that time we only have province not state]as i know they must,i want them to change into modern Northern Nigeria,but not into some sort of artificial civilization which is not either European nor African.........Evil ideas are creeping into the North from outside sources........"and in another instance he said"since 1914 the british govt has been trying to make Nig into one country,but the Nigereian people themselves are historically different in their backgrounds in thier religios beliefs and customs.........and do not show themselves any sign of willingness to unite,so what it comes to it is that Nigerian unity is only a british intention in the country"
ilishi