News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kwankwaso and the Defence portfolio.

Started by Guduma, July 23, 2003, 10:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guduma

First of all I must hasten and congratulate the erudite and amiable ex Governor, especially for getting a new job after his defeat at the polls by Gov. Shekarau. I wish him the Almighty's protection and guidance. We expect nothing from him but success so as to buttress the point that the youth could shoulder even higher responsibilities. The Defence Ministry is considered to be one of the biggest, or may be even the biggest.
During the course of the last four years, the Ministry was headed by T.Y Danjuma who was accussed of luck luster performance, especially when he endorsed the transfer of some military equipments to a particular section of the country, to the detriment of the others. He was also accussed of masterminding the pre mature retirement of some officers from a particular part of the country, without any tangible reason for doing that, apart from to help others assume the top hierarchy of the army.
Kwankwaso must try to right the wrongs of the past, by ensuring that justice is not only done, but be seen to have been done. He must try to live above board by doing the right thing, and darmning the sychopants who might try to distract his attention. I believe he has the strong will and determination to shoulder that responsility with valour and dexterity. A little more prayers will do the tricks, In sha Allah.

zarami

Guduma lalle ka tabo babbar magana...........you know better than I do cewa da zafi-zafi ake dukan karfe.  Abin da ya kamata masu fada a ji a kasar Hausa su yi shine tunatar da Kwankwaso wancan ta'adda da T. Y. ya  yi na kai makamai kudanci da kuma kore namu daga Soji ba gaira ba sabar.

Dole ne shi sabon ministan Tsaro ya kauce wa irin wadannan katobara na T. Y. sannan ya guje wa zama "dan-yawwa-yawwa.

This topic is very rich and I believe za'a samu contributions a kai.

ZARAMI

gogannaka

this is a very good topic we got ourselves.....i think the transfer of those makamai from the north to the south was a blessing to us,they could have exploded here .the appointment of engr. kwankwaso as the defence minister is a welcoming development although i would have preferred him in a more "people oriented ministry" such as education or works where his hardwork will be appreciated.i think the defence ministry suna kawai ta tara kuma its more like soldiers affairs ministry..anyway i wish him all the best

u know what? dont u think kwankwaso will make a good candidate 4 president 2007? ? ? ?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhammad

Salam
For some weird reason I am very happy for Dr RM Kwankwaso. He was a victim of the OBJ_atiku government and he deserves better. Had it not been for Buhari's intervention. Mallam Shekarau would never have made it as Gov. Anyway that is history.
What is important is that Kwankwaso has to put an end to the discriminate, unlawful and reprehensible purging of Muslims from the Army. Just recently, a Brig-Gen from Kano was retired for no reason but for his hardwork and Diligence. I happen to know this very fine officer who would have  undoubtedly become the CAS had it not been for the vile and senseless discretion of the 'Mushrik' TY Danjuma- who hates muslims  more than Zamani Lekwot.
Kwankwaso has to make sure his immediate constituency of Kano contributes its quota into the armed forces especially the Navy.Professionalism must be emphasized together with training and exercise for the armed forces.
I wish Kwankwaso the best of luck in his post and Allah yayi jagora amin.
CIAO

Barde

Assalamualaikum,

Haba ku kuwa?do you think Danjuma is responsible for all the things that have been happening to 'yan arewa and muslims?don't you think he was just receiving orders from above?

Ni dai kam,am not expecting any wonders from kwankwaso,i know he had done a great job as a governor of kano state but am afraid he might be in the same shoes as them Sule lamido,he might just be there as a figure head.You guys should remember despite all the things obj has done in his first tenure,kwankwaso still believes he is a better candidate than all those who contested for the presidency.

Har ga Allah i don't have any thing against kwankwaso but those who expect too much from him will be in for a great shock.
Anyway, Allah ya tayashi riko amin summa amin.
Bissalam.
im

kilishi

Well,i am not against the appointment of kwankwaso as defence minister,but rather i am against the process that appointed him,first we know in Nigeria talents or experience is not the issue,but working for the party is all that matters,had it been that technocrats and well exposed peolpe are appointed alot of things could have change,the appointment of kwankwaso is in a form of conpensation to him,but i don't know,
This Govt is always contradicting itself and fooling Nigerians in the CORRUPT PRACTICES AND OTHER RELATED OFFENCES ACT 2000,section eight every thing was stated concerning given favour to somebody b'cos of what he has done to u ,but still this thing continues to happen,and how on earth can u imagine the Govt returning Babalola Borishade as a minister just b'cos he worked for the party?the man that is responsible for the six months strike by ASUU and uptill now academic work is not stable,and yet they want to impose him on Nigerians,if not for the petitions wriitten against him he would have come back and did alot of damage to the education sector.
ilishi

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
If Alh (D.r) Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso were appointed by any other Government other than that of uncle Shege there would'nt have been any element of speculation by any body other than sam-barka and congratulations, but records of uncle Shege's manupulation and corruption of most good-intentioned and resourcefull persons of northern origion made this discourse, on the appointment of Kwankwaso as the new Minsiter of Depence, really important and timely. Hausawa sune ce haihuwa daya............,  kuma ba'a cizon mumini a rami daya sau biyu.

Apparently, Uncle Shege has made the Northeners, particularly Muslims, endengered species, he is alieniating the Northerners, killing their profession (farming), etc. as well as rubbishing the Esaterners.

Overall this appoinment is a welcomed development, knowing that Kwankwaso is a hard working and industrious person. kwank has never hidden his disdain with some of OBJs lopsided  appoinmtments, eg, Immiugration Boss. Therefore I wish Kwankwaso success and Allah (SWT) guidance. May Kwankwaso be to OBJ what Musa was to Fir'auna-amiyn.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

dfynest

Quote...what Musa was to Fir'auna-amiyn.
add the A.S pls to the esteemed messengers' name.

Gimbiya

I will have to agree with kilishi, everything it's from above and kwankaso being the defence minister will not change anything, they probably put him in that position because they think that they can do whatever they are willing to do.

-- gimbiya
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

kilishi

Obansanjo has re-submitted the name of bori shade,u can noe see the type of Govt they are operating,that is why even if u have the talent people will not appreciate knowing the kind of Govt in place.
ilishi

Barde

Assalamualaikum,

Where are those expecting too much from kwankwaso....he has started with those working in his ministry.By the time he was posted to defence ministry,they have already finish preparing the voucher for the payment of july salary,As soon as he assumes office,he ordered for pay parade,but they pleaded with him that the voucher has already been prepared,he said they must reverse it... on hearing this,they hurriedly took the checque to the bank for payment,he ordered that the checque should be blocked and he queried all those working in fiinance and account department.
Nobody is disputing the advantages of pay parade but the timing is the problem,he would have reasoned with them for the exercise to be conducted as from next month but he refused, he has started with a dictatorial atitude which is not suppose to be in a real democratic setup.Only God knows when they will receive their salaries.
im

kilishi

QuoteNobody is disputing the advantages of pay parade but the timing is the problem,he would have reasoned with them for the exercise to be conducted as from next month but he refused, he has started with a dictatorial atitude which is not suppose to be in a real democratic setup.Only God knows when they will receive their salaries.

Don't u think that he smells something fishy?why the hurry,they should have leave it for him to start.
ilishi

Barde

Don't u think that he smells something fishy?why the hurry,they should have leave it for him to start.

Something fishy like what?do you know that majority of the staff are relying on the monthly salary....their feeding,medical bills,children's school fees,house rent e.t.c only God knows the situation they find themselves whenever their salary is delayed for a minute.The minister has up to four years to uncover whatever he smells.
im

gogannaka

Something fishy like what?do you know that majority of the staff are relying on the monthly salary....their feeding,medical bills,children's school fees,house rent e.t.c only God knows the situation they find themselves whenever their salary is delayed for a minute.The minister has up to four years to uncover whatever he smells.
i think the earlier the better
besides, aikin gwamnati ya gaji haka
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

kilishi

I agree with u,but u know they can insert some names that are not there,i mean ghost workers,'cos there is one minister that asked for a pay parade and half of the names that appeared in the list are not there,may be that is what kwankwaso was afraid of,i don't know just my views.
ilishi