News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

NIGERIA AT 44, THE PAST, PRESENT AND THE FUTURE.

Started by mlbash, October 01, 2004, 11:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

NIGERIA AT 44, THE PAST, PRESENT AND THE FUTURE.

It is now exactly 44 Years since the independence of our beloved Nation, the giant of Africa, Nigeria, the most populous black Nation in the World. The day as any other day would have pass without any notice, if not for the public holiday being celebrated in few places. The day as it was so much cared for and celebrated everywhere in the country, now was nothing but a work-free day, just like any other common public holiday. In the past, beside the Government colorful celebration, individuals do celebrate it in variable approach, for instance some do cook delicious food and celebrate the day in happiness and joyful manner. Regretfully what we are noticing today is rather pathetic. People are in serious problem, unemployment, lack of security, lack of hygienic water supply, bad roads, bad leaders, corruption, looting, arm robbery and lots and lots more, too numerous to mentioned.

About 20 Years back the day used to be a memorable and proud one. Though I?m not that old enough to give a vivid reflection of the past experience, but at least I can remember few exciting moments of the past experiences. One of such is parading and demonstration of the country?s weapons by the army, airforce and navy. Then, it was a remarkable experience, which made us proud as kids, that we are such strong, that we can defeat the whole African Nation when it comes to battle. Today as we witnessed the celebration it has nothing in it to be proud of, even if there is such things now, people would not be of interest due to such numerous problems mentioned above.

We heard and read all about the men of integrity and honor, men of principle and good self conduct, Alh. Sir Abubakar Tabawa Balewa, Alh. Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto, Chief Nmamdi Azikwe and all others. Those are the real patriots, who served the Nation selflessly and dedicatively, they above all lost their precious lives in serving the Nation. Contrary to the leaders of today, who dedicate themselves in serving their pockets and specialized in looting and corruption.

Indeed the Nigeria of today is not the Nigeria we cherish and cared for, just some a couple of decades ago. What we are witnessing today is a great country of terror, insecurity, barbarism, corruption and sharing of public funds among some few opportunistic individuals. Who have no religion, focus or culture in their minds because they are blinded by their thirst for illegal money, people that have no any conscience, no human feelings and no any sense of direction.

Instead of the highly focused Nigeria of yesterday, what we are left with today is nothing but a horrible and blind country. To this effect any person having any slight feelings about the fate of this country may wonder what the cause of all these chaos are. One terrible situation is the level of corruption that has reach even the kids not to talk of the youths that are warming up to have the slightest opputurnity to loot as they see their models do.

My greatest fear now is weighing the level of corruption now in the country and the present mismanagement and looting of public funds at all levels of Government, and the awareness created in the minds of the youths about making an easy money, please how, when and who do you think will bring the possible change to the existing and persistent corruption?

My suggestion is basically to the youths of this country, our future is at the stake, these old and rotten minds have degenerate and waste our future and that of our kids to come. Therefore the earlier we begin to think and plan for our future the better for both of us and our younger generations to come. So the stage is now ours we either think objectively in order to bring positive change or sit back and fold our hands and leave the old goats to determine our future which they now hold at ransom!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable