News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IDEAS FOR DISHES FOR BUDA BAKI

Started by precious, October 24, 2004, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precious

Salam ladies,and of course, gents of K-online.
Since ramadhan started i've had to crack my brain for dishes to cook for myself lokacin buda baki.See i've been breaking my fast with chips and plantain for the past ten azumi and i'm beginning to get nausea just looking at dankali.So please help with some ideas.
Ok i need to tell u that i'm a lazy cook.Actually,i hate it, but for azumi dai i'm willing to give it a go.So some simple but mouth watering ideas are most welcome.

Anonymous

So how come na ji shiru ne?Where are dem Hafcy and ummita and the rest of the very vocal ladies?Or are k-online ladies not the cooking type?Common someone shud help.

Ihsan

Shepherd's Pie:

Potato
milk
butter
tomato(or use Ragu sauce)
onion
minced meat(chicken/beef/whatever u want to put in it)
Mozzarella cheese
Maggi
salt
spices to taste

To wannan dai ba wani mai wuya bane, kuma ba mai daukan lokaci ba. First za'ayi peeling dankalin sai a dafa shi tare da maggi. Naman kuwa za'a saka shi cikin frying pan a yanka albasa da attaruhu a zuba ciki a yi ta juya wa. Then add tomato sauce, maggi, spices, salt (whatever u think will taste good idan an saka ciki). A yi ta juya wa har sai naman ya dahu but bai soyu sosai ba. Dankali kuwa a bar shi har sai ya dahu sosai yanda da an taba shi zai fashe. Use wooden spoon to mash the potatoes adding milk and butter.

Spread the meat in an oven pan followed by the mashed potato. Add mozzarella cheese and put in the oven. First put the heat a bit high (but not too high)...and later on put it to medium. Keep an eye on it and when the mozzarella cheese turns brownish in color...that means yayi kenan.

That's it!
greetings from Ihsaneey

Ihsan

Miyar Gyada:

Gyada
Kayan miya(capsicum, albasa, all dem kind)
salt,maggi, spices
meat (chicken/beef/whatever(lol))

Blend kayan miya. Naman kuwa dama yan yanka shi za'a yi a kuma ta fasa tare da albasa, maggi, gishiri, da kuma ginger (powder). Idan ana so bayan an tafasa naman za'a iya soya shi kuma (but not well done). add kayan miya to the meat and leave it on medium heat. Keep the stock aside (ruwan naman kenan coz u'll need it for miyan). As for the peanuts, soyayya (fried one) ake so. Blend it (without the back (lol)) in a blender with water dan kada tayi kauri sosai. A bar shi har sai yayi smooth tukunna sai a kashe haka.

To yanzu kuma sai ayi adding blended gyadar cikin tukunyar naman and then add the stock. Mix and then cover it to simmer for some minutes.

Eat with tuwo/pounded yam/whatever u want to eat it with.

Happy eating  :)

More to come insha Allah...
greetings from Ihsaneey

Anonymous

Ihsan,thank you.I actually did sheperds pie.And we all had second helpings.Gaskiya fa,ba yabon kai bane  :D

Ihsan

You are welcome guest :)

I said I'll post more recipes but har yau banyi ba...am sorry coz I have been quite busy with skool and all...but Insha Allah I'll do it later on today or tomorrow.

Salaam
greetings from Ihsaneey

Ihsan

Baked Pasta:

Pasta(any kind)
White Sauce
Mozzarella cheese
meat(if you want)
salt/maggi/spices
onion

Cut onions as you like and boil together with meat; add salt, maggi, and spices. Boil pasta but kada a barshi yayi sosai. Now mix pasta, with meat, white sauce, can add the cheese in the mixture or spread it on top of the pasta mix. Bake in the oven till brownish in color(the cheese).

A sha ruwa lafiya.
greetings from Ihsaneey

mlbash

Quote from: "Ihsan"Baked Pasta:

Pasta(any kind)
White Sauce
Mozzarella cheese
meat(if you want)
salt/maggi/spices
onion

Cut onions as you like and boil together with meat; add salt, maggi, and spices. Boil pasta but kada a barshi yayi sosai. Now mix pasta, with meat, white sauce, can add the cheese in the mixture or spread it on top of the pasta mix. Bake in the oven till brownish in color(the cheese).

A sha ruwa lafiya.

uhm..................wai garin dadi na nesa!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

precious

Thank you Ihsan.To dai kada a ce min 'yar kauye but wat in God's name is white sauce kuma?By the way ni ce guest din da tayi godiya a sama,nima dai wata Mu'awiyan ce don nakan manta ban yi login ba.To shi wannnan Danone din ana samu Kano,wanda kika ce is a mixture of fruits ?Ko dai naku ne na 'yan turai kuke sa muna kwadayi ,ga azumi?

Fateez

I know it's white in color cos of milk and butter and flour, so basically u cud

just melt butter, pour flour and pop in milk then mix it till it thickens. u

cud also add oregano, sour cream, salt or pepper to suit u.

Nice food Ihsan ma stomach is already singing :D , have u tried baking it

with tomato and white sauce mixed 2gether. it's luvly!!!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Ihsan

Sorry precious for not replying earlier. Amma dai tunda sista Fateez ta taimaka ay duk daya. You can also get it from the stores(ready made)

Yeah Fateez, I always do it with tomato sauce; just gave the smaller version here :)

To 'yan uwa, I'll be back insha Allah with Sallah delights  :lol:
greetings from Ihsaneey

mlbash

t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

ummita

Vice presido (Ihsan) THANK U VERY MUCH 4 UR UTTERMOST CONTRIBUTION. TANTALISING THE RECIPES SOUNDS, AND I BET DELICIOUS DEY'D TASTE.

PRECIOUS MUCH APPREACITED :wink: . BUT WE NEED TO "BUCKLE UP" GUL START MARCHING TO THE KITCHEN!!!!!!! :evil: LAZY COOK? :o ........WE GOTTA DO SUM'EN BOUT THAT (lyk am not one myself.......ordinary holdin spoon is a stress 2 me, tlkless of cookin) (she laffs)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Humrah

Ihsan

Humrah, it  means breaking your fast (as in during maghrib time when u eat)

'yan uwa sai fa hakuri da wannan sallah "delights" din. Makaranta na nan na buga ni da kyau! I have 3 more weeks before term is over. Exam is on Saturday insha Allah and the probability of a pop quiz any day! But today I can't be bothered to study (I'm just not in the mood)

Anyways...I'll insha Allah post more recipes.
greetings from Ihsaneey