News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WHEN THE KANOONLINERS MET...

Started by Waziri, April 28, 2003, 04:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waziri

Certainly, what can describe the physical coming together of the kanoonliners away from the cyberspace that afternoon cannot be only the wordings of the physicist who says: Unlike charges attract and like ones repel. Because in the other rules of nature, especially in social relations, instances are there where the unlike charges are most likely to repel and like ones attract. Similarly, the words of the literary artist who says: Birds of the same flock fly together, cannot do the magic, since in the same grand artistic elegance the expression: Flocks of the same bird die together, can make a lot of sense. Perhaps the best that describes our meeting lies in the philosophical expression, in all lack of its modesty: Great minds think alike. For what brought kanoonliners physically together with intense affection that day was nothing more than the issues we discuss at KanoOnline Forum devoid of emotional and personal touches. Ours indeed is a place where minds interact and nothing else!

Ummi, one of our members here at Kanoonline, caught this reality in one of her quotes in the poetry section: Great things are felt not seen. May be that was why when Prof Abdallah Uba Adamu and Ibraheem Ado Kurawa met my humble self for the first time at Salisu’s (Uncle Admin) apartment they both exclaimed, one after the other: I think I have already known this face somewhere!  That is truly it; we have known each other at the nobler level of mind-interaction for long for us to believe that we are meeting for the first time as people but as friends and members of KanoOnline family who are of thick affectionate value to one another.

It was a day like that, some two weeks before Eid Alkabir that Salisu would email me telling me about his intention of celebrating the Eid here home with us. We also agreed that we should physically meet and share the merry moment together in moderate splendour. By God, you can imagine the height of the excitement. We scheduled a meeting a day after Eid since I was meant to arrive at Kano that day for a little intellectual gathering at the British Council Library, Kano.  Uhm! So it came to pass, the programme at the BCL was not holding again, because the day was a public holiday. May be the organisers did not think of it that wise before fixing the date or may be it is one of this things known as: Nigerian factors, that also led to my getting the notice of the postponement of the programme late, thereby rendering our scheduled meeting aborted. We had to schedule again for another day, the Saturday following the Eid day. But -Nigerian factor- was at play again but this time around from my end. We rescheduled again. There we were!!

Salisu, Waziri, Ibrahim Ado Kurawa, Yusuf Adamu and the indefatigable Prof Abdallah Uba Adamu. We expected Nuruddeen, Abu Mujahid but unfortunately he couldn’t make it. It was a splendid experience. We ate, drank, prayed and discussed variety of issues with maximum informality typical of familiar friends. Issues ranging from politics, economy, social values and the status of the educational systems of the Hausa-Fulani were maximally exploited. It was there also I came to have a broader understanding of the concept: Hausa-Fulani. Prof said: Hausa-Fulani is he who is genetically and pangenetically (?)--- I cannot quite exactly remember, but it was one strong word that befits the articulation of only Profs he used there. But in essence, what he passed was Hausa-Fulani is he who can trace his ancestry to Fulani but uses Hausa as his most effective medium of communication.

It was really an interesting communion. What would impress one much is how we were all able to have lived up to the image we have formed about one another. Prof can be said to have chaired the meeting. He is such a person of a very cheerful disposition. I personally do not like spontaneous people, they irritate and are measurably incorrect always, I just don’t know, may be because of my extreme commitment to Fulani values. But that day this view completely changed, for Prof is spontaneous but at the same time correct always, that, indeed is a rare feat for one to achieve.

We said our Asr prayer at around 4:00 pm, snapped pictures and began to joyfully depart. It was really an experience. A pleasure I will treasure for long. May be till when we meat again in a much larger number. May it is then Ali Hamza will sing the KanoOnline Contest Song, while I stand still  ???(?) beating the drums.

Ibro2g

Ohhhh.....
Heyy, Why dont we all meet at a kanoonline open day sometime. Just a suggestion. An Open day at a convinient time and place, all/almost all k-onliners should be there What do u all think?
Safety and Peace

nura

I couldn't help missing that union (or reunion in physical form) but I still bite my nails for missing that physical interactive session with the Kanoonliners.

But I think it's only the begining, soon we would have a club and may be even a club house. What do you think?
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

nura

I couldn't help missing that union (or reunion in physical form) but I still bite my nails for missing that physical interactive session with the Kanoonliners.

But I think it's only the begining, soon we would have a club and may be even a club house. What do you think?
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

ummita

QuoteOhhhh.....
Heyy, Why dont we all meet at a kanoonline open day sometime. Just a suggestion. An Open day at a convinient time and place, all/almost all k-onliners should be there What do u all think?

suggestion declined & rejected(she laffs) abeg brova haba!! wat sort of meet up...........we juss here 2 respond 2 topics......kapish!!!!! I really dont lyk that idea of meetin up.......better work dey.

Sannu Waziri......................(she laffs) iz all gud........but wat is this topic tellin us ?
**** ur story with k-online member boardins or
**** ur story about a reunion or
**** r u tryin 2 say k-onlinerz shud hav a reunion cuz u enjoyed it................ :-/

Eniwez idan wuna go fit support me with trasport money or any transportation means to & from Umuahia I myt cum down..........but wats d point of even havin a reunion.....4 men iz gud.......but wat r we gonna even du there?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

QuoteBut I think it's only the begining, soon we would have a club and may be even a club house. What do you think?

Cud help it(had a big laff) ova xcitement kan make ppl write funny things.........wai club house gud lurd (she laffs) to kanoonline ogas wuna hear ko?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

al_hamza

yeah good idea,
man waziri,
isha'Allah when am back home, it would be a great pleasure to meet,
especially for me to meet abumujahid would be a great honour.
Salamz
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Hafsy_Lady

kai danallah ba abumujahid ba kadai meeting all kanoonline members is such a great idea and we will be most honoured ;D
so when is the next reunion taking place? Nidai idan zaku bani MC I go come if not kuyi abunku chan ::)kudai consider me present, on the HIGH TABLE of course.
By the way abinci banda mai yaci for my benefit. Drink kuma banason minerals. RIBENA!!!!!!!!!!!!YES ;D
What you see is what you get[/b]

Blaqueen

... err... nope.. i wldnt go to a reunion if there's one... the whole mixing gender issue.. besides... some of us are married.. and have kids... and well y'know....
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Twinkle

lol @ Hafsy.........
Ummita I feel you there.
Mu kawai a aiko mana da mota but prefarably, I would rather have made my trip by concord airplane (sittin position, of course its gat to be first class, an all ensuited please, speacial reservation around the clock for Miss Twinkle please ::)) and bently limo to carry me down the venue, I hope am not asking too much from the administrator & hosters. Oh plz Ummita (Umuahia gurls ku nema Bus) he he he. Well if my girls would go I will be there. but I dont think they would he he he 9bari dai muga yadda Allah yake abinsa, I cant wait to jam with yan umuahia) ;)
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Rose

aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

sdanyaro

Assalamu alaikum;

Waziri this Goro is for you. Thank you very much for starting this topic and thanks to all for contributing to this it. Special thanks to Waziri, AbuMujahid, Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu and Ibrahim Ado Kurawa, Dr. Yusuf Adamu and all that came and met. WHEN THE KANOONLINERS MET... Indeed we are planning an occasion where more of KANOONLINERS can meet again and honor each other. But before that, please find some of the images we have taken that day...(please be patient as image files may take time to load)...

dfynest

so who are we looking at here? I can see the Prof, the Dr. and Ibrahim Ado (with his trademark red cap... Allah jikan Mallan) ... who are the rest?

... and how come I was not told about this meeting :-[
ai da na zo na sa albarka. ;)

sdanyaro

Assalamu alaikum;
dfynest,

We really wished you and all could be there. Next time we get together which will be soon... sometime next month, we sure will invite you and all so you can "Sa Albarkar".

Also as you rightly noted Prof. Abdalla U. Adamu, Dr. Yusuf Adamu and Ibrahim Ado Kurawa were there, also others include Waziri and my little humble self Salisu U. Danyaro. We also had AbuMujahid stop by a little earlier before the main meet. The question is can you figure out who is who???

Twinkle

Now this is more like it. Now we get to see pictures. When I saw those pictures of nigerian crisis. I was speechless.

Now the main the main. All the pictures are nice. Nice looking gentlemen. Ok no one should get me right. They are all married. I am married, so its alright. But where are US? Where are women, or is it only a HE-MALE stuff going on.

Owwww IS THAT YOU WITH THE GLASSES AND TOOTHPICK SALIS DAYARO?

AM PRETTY SURE WAZIRI IS THE ONE RAISING THE BOTTLE

AND FINALLY WHO IS THE PROFESSOR ANYWAY?  IS HE THE ONE WITH THE GREEN HAT?

I know SHE-FEMALES & HE-MALES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET TOGETHER AS IN OCCASIONS BUT THERE OUGHT TO BE A WOMENS THING GOING ON.

THAT FOOD SURELY LOOKS PALATABLE.

THE NICEST PICTURE OF ALL IS THE FIRST ONE. THEY LOOK CALM RELAXED.
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]