News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Governor(Alhaji) Turaki's political hara-kiri

Started by Nuruddeen, November 13, 2004, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

I am always concerned and curious about Jigawa being my state but due to certain things that transpired recently between me and the government, I decided to lie low and be watching events from the background since the government found what I am doing to her as offensive even when i had  met with some of the key actors and made my position clear.

Now God has answered my prayer. The government's top echelon has committed what I consider a 'political somersault! The trouble with Alhaji Ibrahim Saminu Turaki is now visible in the eyes of every Nigerian. His politics of indecision will soon consume him. Though we could understand his reasons of cross carpeting to PDP ? to please his Boss to be- Atiku so that the vice president can pave way for him come 2007 to actualise his senatorial ambition. And that could perhaps prevent us from asking for our N9 billion Naira state's grants that he unnecessarily expended from his inception to date.

Here, certain questions need to be raised, what has he got to tell his ANPP counterparts??? BETRAYAL or political gambit??

It is true that in politics there is no permanent place or enemy but there are what we regard uprightness, decorum, sincerity, passion,  loyalty , integrity grandeur and good human conscience. But here is the man that always claims to be a devoted practitioner of these, especially when it comes to dealing with public affairs. Really????

Alhaji Turaki may not realize the danger in power mongering and double facing until he is swallowed by it. Right now he has lost his credence in the eyes of ANPP stalwarts. Buhari for instance, will never have audience for him; Don Etiebet cannot spare him a listening ear either. His ANPP loyalists such as Babannan Rabo, Faruk and co. who prefer to die for ANPP will forever remain his arch enemies. Presently, they are holding series of meetings on how to impeach and deal with him willy nilly.

But my advice to him and those who wants to go with him is that there is no harm at least for now  in identifying with ATIKU but the trouble lies mainly with 2007 game planner- IBB who  is also hell bent on the no.1 seat. So tread softly RANKA YA DADE but don't forget that whatever promise Atiku has made to u, that cannot stop us from querying our N9 billion Naira even if  u are made a senator, vice president, minister or whatever.

"Saboda haka kayi a hankali Kifi yana ganinka mai jar koma".
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).