News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WINE-HALAL OR HARAM?

Started by precious, November 24, 2004, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precious

I was watching a cooking programme on TV and I noticed that the chef kept on adding wine to the cooking.I love cakes and sometime back someone said that tasty cakes have a touch of wine added to them.My question is -is it okay to take such foods since the wine added to them has actually been cooked? Maybe it wont be intoxicating anymore after ta sha wuta??

kitkat

I've had this argument b4 with someone who insisted that a flambeed dessert dish was allright because all the alchohol had been burnt up in the process. I think its better to be safe than sorry especially since there are choices. Fatwas have been given on the legality of taking medicines with alchohol under the principle of lalura since the alchohol is a principal ingredient and the aim is to seek a cure.

This may not be applicable to food especially since the aim is to impart a particular flavour which perharps only someone that can relate to it may appreciate . i.e a wine or liquor connaisseur.  Its something like the silliness behind non alchoholic beer. You want the beer taste but you say it dosent get you drunk so its allright.

And watch those cakes too. A principal ingredient in fruit cakes is rum or brandy, to preserve the fruit and give the cake that extra "zing".

Saboda haka a yi hattara precious. Ni wutar can na ke ji miki, ba ta nan ba!!

EMTL

Quote from: "kitkat"
Saboda haka a yi hattara precious. Ni wutar can na ke ji miki, ba ta nan ba!!

aLLAH (swt) yA SAKA DA ALKHAIRI- NIMA INAGA BARIN WANNAN SHI YAFI.

GIYA SHARRICE ALLAH (swt) YA LA'ANCHI MUTANE DA YAWA SABODA ITA.
ALLAH (swt) YA SHIRYARDA MU AMIYN.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

mlbash

THAT'S VERY INTERESTING KITKAT, THE ISSUE OF TAKING MEDICINES MADE FROM ALCOHOL(ETHANOL AND IT'S LIKE) HAS BEING THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL IN PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS BY THE MUSLIMS.
THE POINT IS ETHANOL IS USE AS A SOLVENT FOR MANY SOLID ACTIVE COMPONENTS IN PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS BASED ON THE GROUND THAT IT HAS MORE ADVANTAGES THAN WATER AS A SOLVENT,AND UP TO NOW THE MUSLIM SCIENTIST CAN NOT COME UP WITH A SUBSTITUENT. SO IT IS SAID BY THE ULAMA; THE USE OF ALCOHOL IN THAT CASE IS LALURA PENDING ON THE TIME THEY COME UP WITH A SUITABLE CHANGE. THEN IT'S USE WILL BE HARRAM THEREAFTER. ALLAH YAYI MANA JAGORA.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Twinkle

ONE WORD: HARAMMMMMMMMMMMM: PERIOD.
WAKE DAGA KWALBA? :o
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: "Twinkle"WAKE DAGA KWALBA? :o

PRECIOUS CE!
What you see is what you get[/b]

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: "Twinkle"
WAKE DAGA KWALBA? :o

OH GEL TWINKLE I LIKE THIS WORDS, SO ITS ANOTHER NAME FOR SHAYE SHAYE?
What you see is what you get[/b]

precious

Hafcy,Hafcy.
U said to keep quite but now u are tsegumerizing to d whole world
Ba ke kika kaini kika koya min ba?

MADAM DE' MADAM

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady"
Quote from: "Twinkle"WAKE DAGA KWALBA? :o

PRECIOUS CE!

LOL

mlbash

Quote from: "precious"Hafcy,Hafcy.
U said to keep quite but now u are tsegumerizing to d whole world
Ba ke kika kaini kika koya min ba?

:lol: GASKIYARKIFA PRECIOUS, AI DUK ONLINE FORUM BA KAMAR HAFSY BABY A WAJEN TSEGUMI! LOL :lol:

ummita

Brotha, juss say ur lass praya b/4 chiquito......gets here wit her gun.......zezezee has already gone 9 feet underground......(she laffs)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

mlbash

a! ai idan makaho yace ayi wasan jifa, ya taka dutse ne! i know some people 'll cover me up.

gogannaka

Quote from: "mlbash"a! ai idan makaho yace ayi wasan jifa, ya taka dutse ne! i know some people 'll cover me up.

Hmn...bros,it seems like u 'overtrust' the konliners....we'll see
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

mlbash

elgaazus

please end thhis thread its not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! useful for the anwer we all know..............HARAM
orget about it