News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

AL'ADA KO ADDINI

Started by Anonymous, March 01, 2003, 05:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Salaaam 2 ya'll,
This topic has been in my mind for quite a while now, I was encouraged to post it so I can read the responses and enlightment Iam gonna get from u k-onliners!!
Well, U ever wonder about sumthing u are so into, leveling ur thinking that it's religoius and sudddenly u found that it's simply a culture and nothing more........
It's kinda confusing sumtimes, can we please get clarification on somethings here e.g. I heard a Malam metioning that a lady's voice is not haram and  that they can do their hair....I use to think........................... well, let's have more 2 discuss

ummita

Goooooooooooood topic Kameel, na u wey get correct senseHair...........permin is not haram in Islam, attachment/wigs/hair extensions r all haram........

Mace ana so voice dinta ya zama ba wanda zai ja hankali ba, infact I was being told if a gurl wants 2 tlk 2 any guy who is not her muharram...she shud use a husky voice......infact muryar maza........so as no man wud admire her aprt of her muharram...........so i heard.
There r soooooooooooooo many superstitious beliefs to addini & alada 7 am sure loads of 'em here wil tell u. I also heard that If a child has not been put in sunshine if a child id being born........he will grow up yaki Islam...... So where duz that come from? Addini/Alada or juss Supersticious beliefs?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

karin bayani; ok, it's just that when we were kids there are so many things we hearsay ba kyau eg. permin.
Amma sum malams point out that it's quite ok, for a gurl 2 du that, amma da sai a ce ta kona gashi, ko kuma yar iskace.
I was thinking that here must be so many other things
eg. culturally, u won't see a hausa gurl wear trousers
but is it not haram? Ya know things lke that........

Blaqueen

LooooooL! i rememeber when i was about 11 yrs old...girls use to tell meeh that i will be punished because i wore "jinnss"...haha.. i asked them "so if i wear a pakistani dress.. thats haram?"... dem dey look meeh like one yeye.. ;D

i also remember kids in my islamiyya sayin.. soccer was haram....... pisssssssssssh lol!.. AS IF!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

ummita

KAMEEL permin is not haram, but using hot combs & wigs/extensions iz haram.
As all ma dear Nija sistaz use 2 say: I need 2 retouch ma hair (which makes me laff). I dont think permin is haram...but mayb who knows :-/ cuz day by day new rulez keep comin in!!!

Muhammad

Salam
Hakane kamilu. It's just like takutaha( hawan dala in rabiu'l awwal) or wannan occasiondin mallam nasirun na ziyarar makabarta.
Ina ganin indai abu bai wuce gona da iriba, to ko da al adane sai mu kayale shi. kamar tashe, duk dayake ba addini bane, muna celebrating amma bama ganin wani haufi wurin yinsa.
Yana dakyau duk dahaka ayi separating addini da l'ada saboda after sometime, there is this tendency of people to adopt this things religiously.
CIAO

Ummulhuda

QuoteSalam
Yana da kyau duk dahaka ayi separating addini da l'ada saboda after sometime, there is this tendency of people to adopt this things religiously.
CIAO

Quite right Amin.
Ummita, I think hotcombing one's hair is halal. Why? because it is the same process as putting your hair under the dryer to crisp it up or blowdrying it. The end results are all the same.  

Blaqueen

hot comb is NOT haram.. i'm with aunty ummul on this one...

i think the reason why wigs and extensions are not allowed is because then girls could be using it as a "hair covering"... u know, where the wig in place of veil...and extensions might not be good for ablution...

ummita

I think hotcombing one's hair is halal. Why? because it is the same process as putting your hair under the dryer to crisp it up or blowdrying it. The end results are all the same. ?

uh uh um um..... They r absolutely 2 different things. Hot combs is like an iron, it straigthens d hair,& not only does it straighthen d hair it also burns d hair lightly....givin it that touch of perm...& permin is applying that stuff & afta washin & wateva,...d hair gets in2 d dryer...

I was being told hot combs is haram...& I believe it..so I stand as a minor.......ba kowa bane dole ya yadda....I believe it & thats final (she laffs)!!!

Wigs extensions r haram, because Allah ko ta yaya ne...ya ba mace hair....even whether its juss two strands......so y put extensions/wigs? In other way...it show that a woman is not grateful. Its simply haram, because women who put it show Allah they r not grateful of d hair he gave 'em!!!! Simple!!!

Bahaushiya

salam,
this realy an interestin topic :D. Amma naji ance wig ne kawai haram a ciki.and muryan mace is definately an Aura.............sai dai akwai certain cases da dole mace tayi magana da non muharram, sai dai anfi so yakasance akwai one of her muharrams there,and ,and ,and......................
 akwai long long talks on this permin thing, wasu sunce haram ne cos sun dauke shi sort of canza halittan Allah, wasu sun dauke shi kwalliya 8), so sai sukace a woman can do it if and only she's married 4 mijinta kaman su lipstick and co. others kuma sun dauke shi a kindaf help to yan uwa masu shan wuyan treatin gashin su so sai suka ce halal ne......................

Hafsy_Lady

Bahaushiya for the first time I agree. You study beauty therapism ne? Ummita am with you on hot combs...so it makes us to agaisnt two!!! HOT COMBS IS HARAM, I REPEAT HARAM.........PERMIN IS NOT HARAM I REPEAT IS NOT HARAM....Lipstick :-/ since bahaushiya dey apply make she analyse that one ;)
What you see is what you get[/b]

Blaqueen

.. kai.. i no go gruff my voice oh!.. a beg.. the men should be able to control themselves.. we have restrictions, they have restrictions... its always cultural to stress the femal restrictions...... and the men better maintain theirs...

anyhow.. incase ya'll havent noticed.. if ur a Muslimah.. ur pidgeon free... ;D
so no fella can say i'm a pidgeon lol!

Ihsan

Hot comb haraam? hmmm ban taba ji ba... :-/ Yeah, permin ain't haraam. Kuma naji wani wa'azi aka ce muryar mace is not aura.
greetings from Ihsaneey

ummita

NI DAI I STILL STAND AS A MINOR.....HOT COMBS IS HARAM Oya lets proceed............bring in another issue & lets all critise...cuz thats wat we du in a forum..& we dont even get paid 4 it

Bahaushiya

to na gode ke nan hafsay :P.
beauty therapism Lol!
jan baki .............haram ne , in ma kin tara su kwando -kwado......je kizubar.