News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WHY I LOVE U.

Started by bobboss, January 08, 2005, 04:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobboss

I love thee freely,
as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely,
as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion
put to use In my old griefs,

And with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to
i love thee for who she is
i love thee for a wild romance we did.
m an advocate for the maintenance and preservation of the northern cultural heritage.and advocate for the movement of the northern agenda and its actaulization.

elgaazus

orget about it

Anonymous

"i love thee" what a unique quote, luv the poem.keep what worth keeping :D

Ibro2g

I like thee poetry... Thou shall expect more I guess...?
Safety and Peace

Tukurtukur

This is a good poem.  it has a good rythm and captivating flow.  the sound is soothing and romantic.

However, I try to look for the object of the poem but could not find any.  Who do you love?  the person's imagery could have been embedded in the poem.

The poem is about love and the question was asked why I love U?  The attempt at giving the reason for the love as purity (I love thee purely) was shattered by infatuation rather than pure love (i love thee for a wild romance we did).

Anyway it is a well written poem.

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "Tukurtukur"(i love thee for a wild romance we did).

Chei!!?!!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fulani Poet

Mine friend, thou hast crafted a fine poem!

The third line of the second stanza says 'i love thee for who she is.' Who is this 'she' that inspires this love? Leaves the meaning a bit fuzzy. Certainly no one will like to be loved for what 'another' is! Could you please say more about the poem? I love it!
haring my life in simple poems

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Fulani Poet"
The third line of the second stanza says 'i love thee for who she is.' Who is this 'she' that inspires this love? Leaves the meaning a bit fuzzy. Certainly no one will like to be loved for what 'another' is! Could you please say more about the poem? I love it!

I think he is talking to his child about his love for the child, not a love for a woman.
'I love thee for who she is'. Maybe 'she' is the mother of the child. And clearly he loves the mother as well since part of the love for the child stems from 'who she is'  
'I love thee for a wild romance we did'. Resulting in the child?

Nice poem. Reminds me of a very famous poem for which I can neither remember the author nor the words bcos I never paid much attention to them at sch (so boring) It goes: for what do I love thee? I love thee for......' etc etc
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Fulani Poet

Thou hast spoken well, Husnaa! I still await the poet's response though.

HUSNAA

Quote from: "HUSNAA"

Nice poem. Reminds me of a very famous poem for which I can neither remember the author nor the words bcos I never paid much attention to them at sch (so boring) It goes: for what do I love thee? I love thee for......' etc etc

OOps!! its 'How much do I love thee?' not 'for what do I love thee?'

Fulani Poet

Jim Reeves sang a song titled 'I love you because..' and went on to list why he loved her!

HUSNAA

Jeez I didnt know there were ppl left who liked Jim Reeves songs. Strictly not my cup of tea, but OK :D
I'm more into Fats Domino! Thanks to my dad!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

kitkat

Fats Domino!!!! Pray tell how old are you husnaa??  This is getting confusing.....

HUSNAA

Do I have to be old to like Fats Domino? :D !!
Dont you know its a cardinal rule that women NEVER reveal their age!!!! But I'm pretty sure I'm older than you :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

PS I like classical music especially Mozart's concertos, so I guess that should make me over 200yrs old........