News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ALL THINGS AUTOMOTIVE

Started by kitkat, January 24, 2005, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitkat

Hey I thought it would be a great idea to start a car thread. I know I cant be the only car enthusiast here and I cant remember seeing a car topic apart from references to kano chicks and Hondas.

You dont realise how car crazy we are till you see the rides plying our crummy roads.  Sometimes you stand  better chance of seeing an exotic supercar right here in obodo than in the dealership in Europe.

I saw two maybach 62's almost a year ago, one for delivery to Abuja( where else) and one still for sale in case any of our aspiring Rap Stars want to up the Bling Factor in their neighbourhood( ko dai duk abin a baki ne :lol: )

And I had to see this to believe it!! Somebody actually brought in a Mercedes Mclaren SLR :shock: Bear in mind this is a $400,000.00 plus sports car with a top speed in excess of 320 kmph. Where in Gods name do you drive this thing in Northern Nigeria.

Anyone else seen some crazy exotic beast dodging pot holes in naibawa??

Does any one know of an enthusiast car club in Kano or environs? The motor club has been reduced to drinking joint and kwankwaso carved it up and gave out plots to his cronies anyway so you can barely park your car there now.

What about a decent mechanic or custom car joint??

Lets hear it guys (and gals).  
Some car stories please.

admin

This is a good idea kitkat, but why just a thread? I can start up new Forum. We can have AUTOMOTIVE Forum not just Car thread, if you or any other person can moderate it.

Let me know if you want to moderate...
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

kitkat

Count me in Admin. I'd love to moderate a car forum.
Anyone else out there interested??

dan kauye

car forum? that wud be nice kitty.maybach benz?? :shock: i'd seen it once in maiduguru,i was told it belong to the embassy/consulate of germany here in naija,it was during IBB's son's wedding that took place a couple of months back..so u can imagine how much varities we saw...bentlies,pegasis,maybachs,rolls royses..kai nidai motochi kadan ne a duniyar nan basu hallara ba lokachin nan..mun bawa idon mu abinchi har da na banza..dont 4get 17 PJ's on the runway..

& abaut that other maybach that's still on sale..maybe its waiting 4 dan-kauye to hit the ultimate jack pot..its mine baby! dream!..lol..

er..erm..how abaut this car..HONDA ELEMENT? i've seen two here in kano but it looks kinda weird 4 a honda..infact i dont even know if it's mini van or jeep..lol

peace y'all.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

kitkat

See what I mean. I saw a brown element in kano up for sale and they were asking for something stupid for what is basically a cheap students car. The element is hondas answer to Toyotas boxy looking scion which was aimed at campus teens but ended up being a hit with the street crowd and the level entry "pimp my ride" practitioners. One version of the element is actually designed to be "hosed down" in and out, with rubber seats and mats and water proof dash. I cant imagine what you wanna hose down but remember this is a campus car and with its "bed " configuration seats anything goes :shock:

Hummers are now a dime a dozen down here and ive seen an 04 Porsche 911 turbo (996 water cooled) with 19" wheels and about 3 AMG G55 wagens.

Work on that jackpot Dan kauye, sai mun zo dani!!!

admin

Thanks kitkat & dan kauye,

OK. Now that the AUTOMOTIVE Board is created, I am going to move this topic to that board. Lets meet up there.
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

mlbash

TO MR. ADMIN, I BELIEVE IS A LOVELY DEVELOPMENT TO HAVE THE AUTOMOTIVE FORUM. BUT AT SAME TIME THIS FORUM WILL ATRACT THE BIG SHOTS OF THIS FORUM ONLY, MU MASU FAMA DA NA MASARA AI SAI DAI WASU DAKUNAN KUMA!

ALL THE SAME THAT'S SOUNDS FINE.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

kitkat

Far from it mlbash!! Dont let the references to hummers and maybachs fool you. Its a case of "if wishes were sports cars, beggars will drive".  Muma nan yan faman ne and you may pick up a few tips on DIY jalopy repair if you dont mind getting grease on your shirt over the weekend.

IThe forum is meant to be about all things vehicular and a lot of it should ideally be members experiences with cars, new or old, borrowed or owned.  

I for example would love to find out if anyone knows a good body shop in the kano area where i can get a good paint job without morgaging my house.

mlbash

Quote from: "kitkat"Far from it mlbash!! Dont let the references to hummers and maybachs fool you. Its a case of "if wishes were sports cars, beggars will drive".  Muma nan yan faman ne and you may pick up a few tips on DIY jalopy repair if you dont mind getting grease on your shirt over the weekend.

IThe forum is meant to be about all things vehicular and a lot of it should ideally be members experiences with cars, new or old, borrowed or owned.  

I for example would love to find out if anyone knows a good body shop in the kano area where i can get a good paint job without morgaging my house.

:lol:  :lol:  YOU CAN TELL THAT TO THE BIRDS MR. KITKAT, HABA AI ANCE; BABBAN GORO SAI MAGOGIN KARFE, KUMA; RIGIJI GABJI BIGI SAI BIGI! WELL I DON'T THINK YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT, AIN'T YOU?
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Anonymous

kitkat

Quote from: "Anonymous"QUESTION: WHY DO MEN LOVE CARS?

Because women wont ride on motorcycles!! :lol:

kitkat

Quote from: "mlbash"
Quote from: "kitkat"Far from it mlbash!! Dont let the references to hummers and maybachs fool you. Its a case of "if wishes were sports cars, beggars will drive".  Muma nan yan faman ne and you may pick up a few tips on DIY jalopy repair if you dont mind getting grease on your shirt over the weekend.

:lol:  :lol:  YOU CAN TELL THAT TO THE BIRDS MRS KITKAT, HABA AI ANCE; BABBAN GORO SAI MAGOGIN KARFE, KUMA; RIGIJI GABJI BIGI SAI BIGI! WELL I DON'T THINK YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT, AIN'T YOU?

Why is it so hard to believe?? In fact I suspect you may be in the "oppressor" class thats why ure raisng this issue as a cover. Watakila marsandin ka sai a Leventis a ke bude ta!

kitkat

For the benefit of precious and any other curious kanoonliner, this is the interior of a maybach 62. Maybe precious will now appreciate what all the fuss is about.

Idan mlbash ya ba ki lift a tashi sai kun wuce inda za ki je kina barci :lol:  :lol:

sdanyaro

Thank you kitkat for this image... if we can't afford it then at least we can Dream!

Does it really Massages your body too? the Massage seat does not seems to be in the "Owner's Corner"

kitkat

Both rear seats have the massage system as well as "active seat ventilation" which basically means the ac is coming in thru vents in the seat as well. The Volkswagen Phaeton has massage seats for all 4 passengers.

Other highlights in the maybach include a 600 watt 21 speaker Bose stereo that has microphones in the car to attenuate interior sound and adjust the volume to compensate for road noise or talkative girlfriends!!
8)