News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Opponents of Death Penalty should read this!!!

Started by alhaji_aminu, April 12, 2005, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionger

usman_11

Haba, these your new posts leave me worried and a bit perturbed. I understand that you might be annoyed at Waziri and angry over the mysterious disappearance of your thread on the Islamic forum (yes I noticed that too), but I beseech you sincerely to mince your words; take it easy. Don't lose your cool. Don't insult forumnites, rave madly against Muslims and slander their Prophet in the manner I see you're doing now; that is disrespectful. Trust me, if you carry on this way you will not get far on this forum. You have raised many good points, but if you do so in a disrespectful manner then you will not be taken seriously and everyone will have a convenient excuse to ignore your valid arguments. What good is it to anyone if your posts are constantly ignored/deleted, or if you yourself are banned? How will ppl on this forum have the benefit of hearing and actually absorbing your arguments?

My friend, abeg don't go down that road. You started off well; continue in that path of respectful debate.

Waziri et al,
I think this debate has gone down into very unsavoury places because of the unfortunate "intellectual/religious chest-beating" that some of us display in these discussions. YorubaLand should have known a lot better than to interject with a groundless 'copy-and-paste' accusation, which to my surprise you bought into, Waziri. But what difference does it really make if usman-11 is posting an article? So long as he presents it as his opinion, then hopefully it means he is ready to stand up for it and defend it as his own! Did any of us really invent any of our arguments, or did we learn from others? Did our super brains come up with this stuff, are our arguments that 'original'? Everything I say here I have learned from the Bible and from others. Some of your arguments are new to me, some of them aren't. I'm sure we'll all be loathe to saying we didn't learn or 'copy' from others. Therefore we shouldn't be puffing our chests and presenting ourselves as masters of the intellectual/religious discourse. It is not respectful debate, it just isn't.

Maybe its time we called it a day on this thread; we're not even on topic anyways lol  :lol:

lionger

lionger

Maqari

Usman11

I hope you do not regard my Advice to be condescending (for its completely not my intention) but like our brother Lionger pointed out; there are periods where maintaining ones cool prove way more fruitful in a conversation than to engage in an emotional duet which is likelier to lead one out of logical trajectories or even reason., which (as he also noticed) your earlier postings enjoyed much more of.

I can absolutely relate to how you feel about your post disappearing from a so called non biased website. I myself had my posts deleted from some of the forums, an act I consider a breach of human right to self expression at its worst. I denounce that and still hold the administration accountable for it and will continue to until I receive a reasonable explanation. I still don?t think (as the saying goes) that two wrongs make a right. I know it can be immensely frustrating when people try ducking your arguments by trying to discredit their originality. (as if anything ever totally is) but in all honesty you are only letting your guards down if you allowed yourself to get sucked into the void of useless emotional rants and accusations. If we are to start condemning whole societies on basis of mistakes commited by their founding members I assure you that; No society will remain unscathed by the thorns of history. and that helps us in no way solving the problems we pretend to be discussing here.

I?ve held many discussions with Waziri and you will rarely find one example where him and I stood on the same side.  I furthermore disagree with many of his methods of approach as I?m sure he does many of mine. But at the end his opinions are only views of one person amongst many here, and are in no sense representative of any other individual. Thus require no treatment that is outside the boundaries of reason. So maintain bro. maintain. I'm sure that Im only one amongst many who enjoy your presence. please make the effort to stay with us regardless of what other people might personally feel or hold against you

Myadudu
   may I suggest that if you wish for the original post to continue that you repost the question in a different thread? let the participants of the above conversation do what they find fit with this one. just a suggestion

Peace ONE
Maqari

mallamt

usman11

I agree with both lionger and maqari.  It is true that you may find _waziri_ frustrating to have a focused and consistent debate with, but I can assure it is no grounds to say some of the things you did.  Worst of all the names or accusations you made to muslims I find totally unacceptable, they did not do any thing to you one or two may have offended you but please do not put them all in the same box.  You arguments are very well laid out and you make good points don't allow your anger get the better of you lets treat each other with respect and respect the believes of each other, we can question the basis of beliefs but please let us respect that that is what people believe in.  I strongly propose and will love to see you appologise to _waziri_ and all the other muslims that visit this site.  You know people like _waziri_ who you find annoying etc you will find that in real life face-to-face they are wonderful and pleseant people always remember that.

usman11

If I catch this waziri, I would have flogged him seriously  :lol: He is such a kata-kata person. Ok, I agree with everyone.  This was way overboard and unnecessary. There is no doubt that Waziri is a brilliant writer in his presentations. I am also enjoyed the contributions of everyone here despite the position they take on this issue. I withdraw all unpleasant commentaries of mine, and apologize to everyone that I have offended including waziri. Waziri sorry for my rude outburst. All that was in the heat of argument. I respect your views whether or not I agree with them.

Cheers everyone!

alhaji_aminu

Salam
Justice has finally being served for the brutal rape murder of Zainab Abdulhamid (See Daily Trust of Friday Nov 11th, 2005).

Kudos to Alhaji Aliyu Umar for dilligently prosecuting this ugly crime with the most zealousness it requires....

May Zainab's soul rest in peace and may Allah give the family capacity to bear the loss. Amin!