News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Let we Northerners to have admission in our Universities.

Started by Abduldansadau, June 17, 2005, 06:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abduldansadau

Plz Let we Northerners have admission in any of our northern Universities which enable us to progress morethan the present day we are.
Because we northerners for some time we are facing a problem when we want to join some university like ABU Zaria,BUK kano, UDUS etc if we go for either Undergraduate or Graduate course, why?

mrguest

Quote from: "Abduldansadau"Plz Let we Northerners have admission in any of our northern Universities which enable us to progress morethan the present day we are.
Because we northerners for some time we are facing a problem when we want to join some university like ABU Zaria,BUK kano, UDUS etc if we go for either Undergraduate or Graduate course, why?

with your english Brother you need alot of work to get into the university. Take time to improve your self, then you would get in. even in one of the good school in the south, The problem is not that you are from the north, but that you need to work on yourself.
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.
http://www.nigeriaone.com
http://www.nigeriaone.com

Dante

I think the whole University system needs a change. Bribery & curruption is the main fault to everything.

alhaji_aminu

Salam

I tend to agree with mrguest. The quality of Nigerian secondary school students is awful- I know this for a fact because I was once one. I do, however, strongly believe in giving people a second chance- I also understand this because I was giving one.

Perhaps if governors will stop appointing an average of 25 or so advisers and instead use that money towards strenghtening the position of teachers and providing the necessary tools for successfull schooling, then may be something concrete can be achieved. In the mean time, though, we have to be content this cycle of despair on the part of those who cannot gain admission to varsities.

I should end by advising the fellow who brought the issue up to try polytechnics (state or federal) and the colleges of education (state or federal) and may be technical/vocational schools. There are many other ways of getting educated other than through the university system.

Goodluck.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

:cry:
It pains me to read so often in this forum worries about the state of education in the north of Nigeria.
When I came to Nigeria 30 years ago huge strides were being made - in particular the UPE scheme was a world leader in programmes of its type.
I did 12 years in Education in Kano and witnessed huge advances in that time.
What has gone wrong?
maigemu

Middles belt

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill":cry:
It pains me to read so often in this forum worries about the state of education in the north of Nigeria.
When I came to Nigeria 30 years ago huge strides were being made - in particular the UPE scheme was a world leader in programmes of its type.
I did 12 years in Education in Kano and witnessed huge advances in that time.
What has gone wrong?

Leadership, the north produce bad leaders, And they came and eat and move on... which northeener leader have vision like balewa.. None.. Is it IBB.. number 419 in Nigeria. Or Abacha, Nigeria number thief... Check or the northern leader after the first coup, have been men, who are less qualified.. why do you think the sanete  band El rufia. because this same group are scare of radicas northern youth like him. who are trying to move the north and nigeria forward..
that is our problem.. we should change..

Middles belt

Please join me, at http://www.nigeriaplanet.tk Hausa radio station  called Naija radio Hausa service as we try to change the north and nigeria, and move forward, not back to the past...

again It is http://www.nigeriaplanet.tk

mlbash

Quote from: "mrguest"
Quote from: "Abduldansadau"Plz Let we Northerners have admission in any of our northern Universities which enable us to progress morethan the present day we are.

with your english Brother you need alot of work to get into the university. Take time to improve your self, then you would get in. even in one of the good school in the south, The problem is not that you are from the north, but that you need to work on yourself.

though you are right, but you sound a bit abusive. please next time use a better approach, afterall mr. Abdul is new member and needs encouragement.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

mlbash

Quote from: "myadudu"Salam

I tend to agree with mrguest. The quality of Nigerian secondary school students is awful- I know this for a fact because I was once one. I do, however, strongly believe in giving people a second chance- I also understand this because I was giving one.

Perhaps if governors will stop appointing an average of 25 or so advisers and instead use that money towards strenghtening the position of teachers and providing the necessary tools for successfull schooling, then may be something concrete can be achieved. In the mean time, though, we have to be content this cycle of despair on the part of those who cannot gain admission to varsities.

I should end by advising the fellow who brought the issue up to try polytechnics (state or federal) and the colleges of education (state or federal) and may be technical/vocational schools. There are many other ways of getting educated other than through the university system.

Goodluck.

that was a better approach and nicely done mr. myadudu. moreover as you said, there is always a second chance. so he can work hard and make it next time. afterall, not all people make it always at the first time!

lionger

I feel for you Abduldansadau, I really do. Unfortunately the political elite is still not serious about turning around the shameful education system. Just keep working hard and like myadudu suggested widen ur choices; try to broaden your scope, try looking into pulytechnics or vocational schools.
Peace and good luck!

mlbash

Quote from: "lionger"I feel for you Abduldansadau, I really do. Unfortunately the political elite is still not serious about turning around the shameful education system. Just keep working hard and like myadudu suggested widen ur choices; try to broaden your scope, try looking into pulytechnics or vocational schools.
Peace and good luck!

sounds reasonable enough.