News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

2003 Presidential Elections

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2003, 12:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_hamza

desert fire? :D
correct me if am wrong lionger.
maybe my english aint that good buddy.
but mmmm pictures i have seen and on tv seem to represent large sandy areas as  desert.
I think from the years i have lived, that sand doesnt catch fire.
does it in ojukwu land?
wow
man u gotto let me know.
am intrested in wierd scientology.
Adious
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

nura

"And their business is (conducted) through consultation among themselves."(Qur'an 42:38)

Islamic system of gov't.....based on consultation, freedom of expression, equality and serving the interests of the community.
having a xtian leader will do nothing to hurt the Muslims... as long as we have someone representing us... and we also carry out our duties according to Islam... no need to vex!

I am sorry to say that the aya you quote above does not prove that democracy is Islamic. In fact I believe that and another person supported this position, the Islamic Government is a compassionate dictatorship as the leader is dictatorial subject to the provisions of the Qur'an and Sunnah The leader in an Islamic Government is not elected but chosen in fact if you solicit for the position you are disqualified. Furthermore in democracy there has to be a constitution drafted by wisemen, in Islam there is only one constitution, the Holy Qur'an. A woman cannot rule under Islamic constitution and there is no freedom of speech outside the bounds of what Allah and the Holy Prophet have decreed, for instance you can not slander a prophet of Allah like in the western democracies where it is free to write and publish books like The Last Temptations of Jesus or Satanic Verses.

Please be careful in the interpretations of Qur'anic Verses always consult the tafsir before quoting it to support any argument.

May Allah guide us. Amin
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Blaqueen

:o kai kai kai....whut are u sayin?? ?? the Islamic gov't runs on the BEST interest of the PEOPLE it governs.... therefore people should have FREEDOM of SPEECH!! no matter WHUT gender!!!!!!!! (but ofcourse akwai limits...like every society)

During the rein of Omar (2nd successor to the Prophet p.b.u.h.), women participated in law making. Omar made a proposal of a certain regulation concerning marriage. A woman in the mosque stood up and said, "Omar, you can't do that."
Omar did not tell her, "Shut up, you are a woman, you have nothing to do with politics!"
He asked, "Why?" She made her argument on the basis of Qur'an. In front of everybody, he stood up and said, "The woman is right and Omar is wrong," and he withdrew his proposal.
That was the spirit in the early days of Islam. In the collection of Hadith's by Bukhari a section is devoted to the participation of women, not only in public affairs, but in the battlefield too. Women carried arms and when there was great danger to the Muslims, they volunteered to participate even in the battlefield.

According to this principle it is the right of every Muslim either to have a direct way in the affairs of the state or to have a representative chosen by him and other Muslims to participate in the running of the state.*
*Mawlana Abul A’la Mawdudi

SALAM

ps.. how do u know i neva check wit' tafsir? enh?
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Blaqueen

A woman cannot rule under Islamic constitution

... ok, so i might not be able to wear the crown when it comes to ruling (b'cuz some juss wont allow it)... but BEST recognize, when it concerns women issues or the well being of anything... i'll be there to holla at the top of my voice (meeh and a couple of my sisters)... You men have to realize we nurture the society... so berra lend us ur ears....

Borg

FDQ ai AbuMujahid didnt say women should be suppressed or are supposed to be suppressed in an Islamic government. You will agree with me that Islam is a religion that sees both men and women as equals, there are just dfferent responsibilities  preferred for each. There are many reasons why a woman cannot be the leader of an islamic ummah, physical, emotional and those that we dont know... Allah knows best.

It beats me why for instance most women are very much against the idea of being at home and raising a family. You should remember whoever leads must have been born by a woman and his Jannah lies in his pleasing her to her last days. Women are the foundation of the islamic ummah.

Blaqueen

for sure Islam sees us as EQUALS... (i probably preach that more than anyone)
but some bigots juss dont see it that way... we are all aware that it's cultural to oppress women... not ISLAMIC...
i personally will vote for a woman in office if i know she'll do better than a man.

and nooooooooo one said.. a woman cannot be the leader of an Islamic society...
dont forget...Queen Amina achieved much much much much moooorrrrrre than her "male" ancestors...
its about best interests and who's capable...
but i agree with ur emotional thingie, that indeed is a very strong point... but as for physical... i dont like that arguement at aaaaalll...

and ayyah.. i really dont mind house wifeys :)... actually Islam gives a woman the right to work AND the right not to work... i see it as a privilege..
so a man cant force a woman to work.. and he cant force her to not to work. 8)

but the reason why many females prefer to have work is more of a social issue... SECURITY and R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!...
Maza sun iya wulaqanchi... and they disrespect any woman who shows she is dependent on them... men (especially nowadays) shld keep in mind that if they decide to act shady... we can always walk out the door (or kick 'em out ::) ;D) and continue to maintain...

wait... back to whut uncle abu said....we cant elect a leader? says who?
constitution?... so ur sayin... we cant have people with their opinions and suggestions representing a district come foward and express their views?

nura

FDQ

Anybody that presents himself for nomination or election is disqualified in an islamic setting. Leaders in Islam are elected by the people from among the most learned, the most religious, the most moral, etc but they dont present themselves and dont campaign, they are presented. In actual fact it is not everybody that can vote!!!!!!!

The western democracy as it is today is not Islamic, people are presenting themselves and campaigning for votes. In Islam no campaigns, nothing like that. If you want to rule there is something you want there but not really because you want to lead as the leader has more responsibilities and more questions to answer on the day of judgement and idel one therefore is that one that runs away from leadership
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Blaqueen

i thot campaigning wasnt good because the candidates make false promises and u know.. they lie a lot... and decieve

so basically, ur saying the people (or a number of people who have a decent background) will select a leader . . but the leader shouldnt be like "a zabe ni, a zabe ni"... ok, so it's still kinda like democracy.. cuz its the people who'll point out who they want!

but as for opinions and suggestions.. the people should get involved... and with mass media, that shld be easily carried out.

yanzu idan an che ka fito da wani a nigeria... wa zaka kira? i think it'll be difficult to point out a person...

lionger

AbuMujahid,

Maybe you don't know, but your posts on this thread is presenting the notion that Muslims cannot peacefully share a country with ppl of other faiths. Do you really expect non-muslims to accept islamic theocracy? So Islamic countries like Turkey and Malaysia have erred big time since they practise democracy? Would you be willing to be live a Vatican-like state?

Look at what religion and politics have brought countries like Sudan. AbuMujahid can you think of any country in the world today, with ethnic and religious diversity, that practises Islamic rule without any brouhaha?

Blaqueen

aaaahh.. come oh! mr lion... have u been to turkey?? ??  :o
the muslims there are HEAVILY oppressed... i should know, cuz i went to uni in istanbul for a year!... juss fashy that one... dont use it as an example...
plus.. whut's wrong with living in a vatican like state?

lionger

FDQ..muslims in Turkey are oppressed? By who? The military?  That's an interesting; i never really thought about that. I have many friends from Turkey here and they never told me aobut oppression. well perhaps, but i think its good for turkey that religious radicalism is not tolerated there..they already have enough problems with the cyprus and the kurds.

Oh there's nothing at all wrong with living in the Vatican - except that it is a Christian autocracy, with the Pope as its head. I wonder how AbuMujahid would feel if Nigeria decided to establish a Vatican-like government.

Forget about tolerance. We have failed that test woefully in Nigeria time and time again, lately to our international embarassment. I've asked AbuMujahid to name any other Nigeria-like countries in the world that peacefully practise without problems what he proposes. If he's saying Nigeiran can be used as a guinea-pig, then i strongly beg to differ. We have too many problems already, thank you.

Btw, FDQ, since u obviously disagree with AbuMujahid, yet don't consider Turkey as a good example of an Islamic democracy, can you then explain why most Middle Eastern and infact, most Islamic countries, are not democracies?

Blaqueen

see dis man!! :o!! so its ok to opress muslims? good thing for turkey? *tsaki!* i must say u need to check urself ooooooooo

aniwayz.. i'll juss IGNORE that comment...

Turks are mostly muslims by "NAMES"... ask ur friends about the human rights records in turkey... (like they'll come all of a sudden and start gisiting u of wahala in their kontri) A BEG!

and i know muslim turks.. they have one of the most PEACEFUL ways of practicing Islam... mhm.. Turkey is lucky the dont have people like Bin Laden...
if the Turks were "radicals", trust meeh.. Turkey woulda been a lot more of fuss and fights...
but the Muslims in Turkey are probably the MOST PATIENT i have encountered... they are taking everything step by step.. and are also progressing.. more grease to their elbows!
they dont have any radicals in turkiye...hepsi cok guzel!

ps.. wut is ur definition of radicals? :-/

Blaqueen

Quotebut i think its good for turkey that religious radicalism is not tolerated there..they already have enough problems with the cyprus and the kurds.

why did u jump to this conclusion?... look, just because there's beef b/w israel and palestine (i assume thats where u got it from), it does NOT represent wut EVERY jew will do, and certainly does NOT represent wut every muslim will do.
u really need to get ur head out of the gutter and breathe in the fresh air...

Btw, FDQ, since u obviously disagree with AbuMujahid, yet don't consider Turkey as a good example of an Islamic democracy, can you then explain why most Middle Eastern and infact, most Islamic countries, are not democracies?
...oya! list them countries lemme 'ear...

lionger

..sigh ?::)

lol FDQ you did not have to insult me..my head has not been in a gutter since an unfortunate incident almost ten years ago..don't wanna go back there..hehe

however i must ask if you really read my post, cuz i have no idea what your response is based on. in fact i'm beginning to think you rarely understand my posts at all! Where did I even hint in any of my posts that I support violence against muslims? Show me that sentence and I will remove it; thank you! FDQ do you know what 'religous radicalism' means? Maybe that's not the right word to use maybe i should say, 'religious extremism'! If you're saying that it doesn't exist in Turkey period, then that's great! What argument do we have with me in that case? Why are you telling me that muslims in Turkey are peaceful, FDQ? Isn't that the case for Muslims everywhere - in Saudi Arabia, from North Africa, thru the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent, to Southeast Asia? Why do you always go on the defensive REGARDLESS of what I say on any issue regarding Islam or Northern Nigeria?

I know about the Abdullah Occalan saga and Turkey's bleak human rights record; that's has been on of its biggest obstacles to joining the E.U. Exactly why I said that they wouldn't want the added wahala of religious fanaticism on their backs. Though of course they would remain staunch allies of the U.S. regardless..talk about double standards.

FDQ for goodness sake: when I say that islamic fanaticism (like that of ANY other religion) is not acceptable, I am not attacking Islam. When I say that Islamic extremism has badly damaged the palestinian credibility, I am not attacking Islam. When I say I do not support Sharia in Nigeria, I am NOT attacking Islam (well I guess you and AbuMujahid will never agree with me on that one). Fundamentalism in any faith is BAD.. and unfortunately today when the words 'religious fundamentalism' is mentioned, unfortunately Islam steals the headlines, (i guess thanks to the biased western media). I know that is awkward for you; in fact on another thread i've expressed my sympathy towards innocent muslims who have been needlessly caught in the crossfire. But we're not all idiots. We don't all have to go and 'get our education.' Some of us are educated. Try to understand us sometimes.

I'm not sure I want to answer your question on listing Islamic countries, cuz on another thread you gave me the idea that countries that I think are Islamic, are not. So in order to 'get my education' ..hehe.. I will turn that question over to you. Being a muslim you'd know better than myself.
Then we can see what sort of governments these countries have. This was the crux of your argument with Abumujahid. I was merely prodding the practicality of your argument.

ummita

Let me say something..............Ya'all need to take a hike, take a break on this issue, ku sanye kaden.......madallah yayyi kyau......You have all contributed immensly as I can see and ya'all are good politicians ya kamata ne....ok for  better suggestion..juss go and climb drums & get a loud speaker...yadda nager wani politician yayi...& keep tlkin but gaskiya I suggest a break it will do all of you good......wannan irin...... I say, you say........sannu ku da aiki! kai (she laffs) duz life get eni beta than this!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!