News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

1000 Naira note

Started by MeKudi, October 19, 2005, 08:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeKudi

Can someone please post the picture on the internet or if someone knows a site that has already done so, let me know. I just want to see how it looks. I heard it looks very bad with the 2 governors.

Thank you

neozizo

Salaam.
i bet uv seen the note by now.
if not goto www.cenbank.org

For those who have seen it
can u guess what the inverted triangle symbolizes?
and y isn't there a naira sign on the note?

sdanyaro

Assalamu alaikum;
MeKudi,

I hope that I am not breaking any laws; but here is the image of the new One Thousand Naira Note...

... Front & Back or Back & Front ...

Haza Wasalam,

Dante

The building looks like cent. bank of nigeria. But mr. Admin, who are the two people in the picture?

sdanyaro

Dante,

Engraved  portrait of Alhaji Aliyu Mai - Bornu and Dr Clement Isong. Both Former Governors of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

bakangizo

Quote from: "zizo"Salaam.
...y isn't there a naira sign on the note?
The idea was to "comply" with international standard practice. Most currencies don't carry the signs now.

neozizo

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"zizo wrote:
Salaam.
...y isn't there a naira sign on the note?

The idea was to "comply" with international standard practice. Most currencies don't carry the signs now.
I see.
So what is the wisdom or purpose of this?
......or is there a grand design to unify the world currencies?
Do new $ notes comply with this standard?

sdanyaro

zizo, the USA Dollar Notes do not have the $ sign on them.

HUSNAA

Is it intentional that the wording naira dubu in Ajami is placed under the Governor from Arewa (saboda Ajami gadanmu ne) and the english wording of 1000 naira is written under the southern governor signifying...  (the south as first to embrace western forms of learning?)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Not really sure, but I will try and find out.

neozizo

Quote from: "sdanyaro"zizo, the USA Dollar Notes do not have the $ sign on them.
Thnx 4 claryfyn'
1 more quetion:Does this mean that currency notes that  have currency symbols on them are sub(international)standard?