News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

CONDOLENCES TO FELLOW NIGERIANS AND MR PRESIDENT

Started by mallamt, October 25, 2005, 04:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mallamt

We debate issues, agree and disagree with each other but we do all these because we have one common thing that is we love our country and fellow citizens despite our inadequacies and failures.  We therefore celebrate together in times of happiness and joy and console each other in times of grief and saddness.

It is with such sadness and shock that one hears of the double tragedy that has hit our nation in one weekend within the space of 24hrs. We sympathise with our fellow country men and women and those who have lost loved ones in the air crash of bellveiw airlines flight B210 and pray that the Lord grants them strength to bear their loss and also to our president who lost his wife in the same weekend may he have the strength to bear the loss.

alhaji_aminu

Salam

I agree with mallamt that we all need to grieve with those who lossed members of their family.
But I think a better way of making sure they did not die in vain is to insist on having an open inquiry into the source of the crash and to pay blood money to the loved ones of those who lossed their lives.

The Warsaw convention, the overlooked fine print on every ticket, gives passengers insurance incase of incidents that negligently causes their death.

A total overhaul of Nigeria's aviation infrastructure and policies is needed urgently if we want to avoid mishaps like this happening in the future.