News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Aminu Kano International Airport and Tiga Dam

Started by hashimDanmama, November 14, 2005, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashimDanmama

Quality Greetings kanawa. If i may ask please can some one deligently tell me How many international airlines now operates out of our Aminu Kano Intl Airport and any future plans to revive the airport?

Secondly, what of the power project at Tiga what is going on now?

Thanks in good anticipation.

mlbash

Quote from: "hashimDanmama"Quality Greetings kanawa. If i may ask please can some one deligently tell me How many international airlines now operates out of our Aminu Kano Intl Airport and any future plans to revive the airport?

Secondly, what of the power project at Tiga what is going on now?

Thanks in good anticipation.

NOT QUITE IN THE POSITION TO ANSWER YOU, BUT I CAN SAY YOUR ANSWER TO BOTH IS; HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING! :(
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

hashimDanmama

thanks Mlbash may Allah bring back the good fortunes of our dear hospitable city. Amin

mlbash

Quote from: "hashimDanmama"thanks Mlbash may Allah bring back the good fortunes of our dear hospitable city. Amin

THAT'S THE ONLY THING WO! MAY ALLAH ANSWER OUR PRAYER.

gogannaka

These are some of the international flights that plough the kano route:
1.KLM
2.MEA
3.Saudi arabian airlines
4.Egypt air
5.Sudan air
6.Afriqiyya
7.Kabo air.

dissapointingly,the Nigerian carrier 'virgin Nigeria refuses' to come to Kano.
Before the ousting of the former minister of aviation i.e Mal. Isa Yuguda,there were arrangements with Qatar airline and emirates airlines that they would start ooperating flights to and from kano airport.
Comparatively these arre the flights that plough the Lagos route:
1.emirates
2.ethiopian airlines
3.british airways(daily)
4.air france(daily)
5.Lufthansa(daily)
6.south african airways
7.alitalia
8.swiss air
9.virgin nigeria
10.egypt air
11.ghana air
12.air afrique
e.t.c

About the tiga dam power project,the idea was burried due to the fact that the power that will be generated from the dam if constructed is too small.the challawa gorge dam power plant if built will only generate just about 7MW which is just too little for kano state. The kano state water board,kawai consumes 8Mw...so it is just not a feasible project after all.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

mlbash

that's very nice mr. G, you must have enjoyed yourself while the going was good! :lol:

hashimDanmama

Thank you for the insight and brief on my queries. i assure u Kano will be the envy of Nigeria in the next 4 years.
lets sustain our hospitable character and hard working quality, iam Sure Allah Subhanahu wata ala will make City of dabo more blessed forever,if only we will adhere to Sharia as Sharia in the Holy Book.

Maassallam
Danmama

mlbash

Quote from: "hashimDanmama"Thank you for the insight and brief on my queries. i assure u Kano will be the envy of Nigeria in the next 4 years.
lets sustain our hospitable character and hard working quality, iam Sure Allah Subhanahu wata ala will make City of dabo more blessed forever,if only we will adhere to Sharia as Sharia in the Holy Book.

Maassallam
Danmama

thanks for the lovely prayer.