News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

What Do You Love About Nigeria?

Started by neozizo, January 19, 2006, 02:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neozizo

Quote from: "dan kauye"And you think smiling is an exact reflection of how the masses feel about situations? if you really believe that then you'll believe anything.I recall reading the piece about Nigerians being the happiest people on earth(some stupid study conducted in the UK institute of ..whaereva),which's probably where you got your idea of 'suffering and smiling'.To be quite honest,that study was plain bull..you have to be in my shoes to know hwere it hurts!,and in truth,Nigerians are the most unhappiest people if you ask me,but don't ask me why unless you don't live in nigeria or perhaps if you live in the maitama surbubs.You'll have to explain to me from your own perspective of how ''smiling & suffering'' is any diffrent from excessive oppression.
I don't think smiling is the exact reflection of how nigerians feel about theie fates as nigerians,but rather 'suffren'and smiling' is how they react to it and deal with their lots in life.abeg get my points straight.
The 'suffrin n smiling' phrase was inspired by the Fela song (i recomend u listen to the lyrics of the whole song...as well as other related fela releases) and not the British survey which in my opinion rather only points out that Nigerians are a very resilient set of people(AND NOT THE WORLDS HAPPIEST..).
I wont ask you why in your opinion you think Niugerians are the unhappiest people cos obviously you dont consider palestinians that don't really have a country of their own...or Somalian who have known nothing but starvation and war all thgeir lives....or Afghans,Iraqi's,who have aliens as leaders and are constantly and literaly living in war zones...... yup there ARE other unhappy people in the world....
.....WHICH GIVES ME YET ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE NIGERIA AND BE GRATEFUL TO ALLAH...

Quote from: "dan kauye"And about negativity,yes there's much of it..infact it's presence is felt more than a black panther movement,the nigerian papers are perfect yardstick and a big testament to the level of God knows how much negativity sorrounds virtually everything 'Nigerian'
Hey if you think the Nigerian media is the perfect yardstick to measure the state of affairs in the nation then i excuse you for thinking the way you do.
The nigerian press will always sensationalize the bad things about nigeria (and govt) and grossly downplay all the great and good stuff (no news sells like bad news ....or anti govt stance)

Quote from: "dan kauye"Ofcourse i'm pessimistic about Nigeria's current situation,well who isnt? only not as much people will admit though,sad but true!.When there's an intricate network of roots to a problem like Nigeria's..it's really hard to locate where you kept your hope bag!.Where do you begin? is it the absolutely rotten govt.? or the breed of the young corrupt minds? what are you going to tackle? electricity or water? health or education? ballot rigging or security? I can go on and on and on..see?

I just pray that somehow,someway God will smile on that country & reverse things to normal other than that,it's a wrap.
i strongly recommend that you just no too worry yasef bout the no doubt heaps of problems of naija.
Yo will  just end up being bitter and havin high BP
So jus keep on prayin...dont fret .......
continue suffrin and start smiling. :x  :x  :(  :roll:  :cry:  :)  :D

Sas

QuoteI wont ask you why in your opinion you think Niugerians are the unhappiest people cos obviously you dont consider palestinians that don't really have a country of their own...or Somalian who have known nothing but starvation and war all thgeir lives....or Afghans,Iraqi's,who have aliens as leaders and are constantly and literaly living in war zones...... yup there ARE other unhappy people in the world....

Well you did mentioned these poor "unhappy" people. However you fail to mention also that generally the westerners are the most unhappy people in the world! Nothing seems to be sufficient and they are always having problems either personal or financial...Hence some kill themselves or any one aroud them... I think those people you mention could be even happier than your average Brit or American!!! Just an opinion.
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

neozizo

Another thing i love bout Nigerians is that we are very God-conscious
...NOT NECESSARILY God-fearing people.
You find that the Almighty is regulary invoked in market-places, schools, places of work,at political campaigns,opening of gatherings of all kinds,even at parties and sporting events(the national teams always say short prayers before every game) even criminals,fraudsters corrupt leaders pray for success before they operate.You find that the average Nigerian can't hold a 2-minute disscussion without mentioning God even once.
But to fear God in our dealings,utterances and actions is another thing entirely.
Nigeria is truly unique in this way!

neozizo

A rare plus for Nigeria:
It is considered to be the country with the highest return on investment in the world.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

What I liked about Nigeria most in my fifteen years among Nigerians was the great generosity of the average Nigerian person - that and the mann,manny beatiful Nigerian women.

Dave McEwan Hill
maigemu

Dave_McEwan_Hill

That should have read "many, many.....".

Dave McEwan Hill
maigemu

Dave_McEwan_Hill

That should have read "many, many.....".

Dave McEwan Hill
maigemu

Muhsin

I do love Nigeria because it's the country that I, my parents and their for-fathers were all born.
And there are many more reasons beside this but this is more fundemantal.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

neozizo

Our docilty,complacency,preditability.....
imagine the appaling senario of the just concluded general elections playing out in any other part of the world ....

amira

i loveeeeeeeee nigeria, but its ashame of wats happening in it :'( i was going to say problems but abin ya wuce problems sai dai tragedies.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

IBB

Things r bad. But I love my country. What I love about Nigeria is it has provided an oppurtunity for us to change it and take the credit. I love the the fact that their are lot of untapped resources for us believe me
IHS

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

Quote from: Dan-Borno on May 28, 2007, 09:38:50 AM
???

Do you want me to remind you?.......lol
The endless NO
No electricity, No..... So the NOs continue... lol My beloved naija kenan.
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: Myself on May 28, 2007, 10:43:15 PM
Quote from: Dan-Borno on May 28, 2007, 09:38:50 AM
???

Do you want me to remind you?.......lol
The endless NO
No electricity, No..... So the NOs continue... lol My beloved naija kenan.

No lantarki
No good general asibitoci
No magunguna
No good  govt primary schs
No good  govt sec schs
no good govt universities
No ruwan sha
No railway transport
No good air transport
No good roads
No manufacturing industries
No good service industries