News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

For You Admin

Started by mallamt, February 21, 2006, 06:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mallamt

I think we can safely take away "compasionate" from dictator for admin.  Can you just tell us what part of the discussion you (or your principals)don't like?  You talk about closing threads if discussions go a particular way, which way is that?  how do you expect forumnites to know the way if you are not saying?  There is so much being said one is not sure which one offends you (or your principals) so you ay want to put that to the forum against th future or else you and your principals will be sending a very wrong message to forumnites, except if it is the intention oy you and you principals to do that and hope that a certain category of people or contributors leave the forum or do not contribute.

ummita

This post was made for admin, However due to the fact that it was not PM'd to him directly.........I will add my 2cents, though this is a general comment........

Some ppl have shown their distate with raised brows and some harsh remarks made when the Admin shot down one or two threads, which has been the hot subject of dicussion within  the past few weeks though very rare, as I stand a witness??..will one find topics being shut down with no genuine reason.

Number of times, I have witnessed where dialogues on religious issues are held with so many bad verbal confrontations and others subverting especially when views differ..........As I keep sayin??havin as much regards for religions & keepin them off plenty things possible is good practice for peace keeping.
I think  Admin took a legitimate necessary precaution knowing that with the presence of different interest groups, there MIGHT be conflict of interest arising especially when  ppl make their views known and others disagree??.Some ppl can be very charitable in making big dramas whilst in the process of holding discussions with disturbing comments. But I believe some of the sound minded ppl here possess high level of manners and thus lack these sort of attitude. Though I have seen quite a few arguments that has accelarated ppl labelling others as ignorants or riduculing them by displaying arrogant manners effectively resulting in hot words dished out ! Banning the thread from our dinning table for dinner talk was possibly made to avoid bad commentaries exchanged because some ppl just love to turn discussions into WORLD WAR to get their message across! What is even our worry? What we say here makes no absolute difference to the world outside. We just have spare time to kill for interlectual noise and probably log off & move on with  "I know a little more" but still magnetised to our individual opinion.

Personally leaving it open or close will not elevate peaceful settlement in unpeaceful places. So dialogues can hold, views can be exchanged, critism will stand, ideas are shared and probably ppl end up with more wise on their shoulders but honestly our comments are too far away from the ears of peace makers.On a serious note, if "I" was seeking clear answers on the chain of events that happened I would probably sling a back pack and head for the desitination cultivating answers to my quest..........(KAPISH!!)

About hoping that some people leave the forum & so on........ I think its such a wrong assumption on a bad allegation. I taught coming to to k-online and going, even choosing to respond to topics & not doing so is totally at our own discretion :? . If I don?t feel like saying ?NOTHING? I wont, likewise if I dont feel like coming to the forum I will simply not do so!.....Alot of ppl like the forum and it accomodates all sorts of persons & they can come & go as they please. So tell me, is there any restraint to our freedom of movement to & from this forum that I am not aware of (as I will be travelling in due course!)?:?  

Lastly, lets leave sleepind dogs lie........ we have enough unsettled problems in Nigeria alone to keep pondering our minds till we go old & grey.......but some issues outside Nija?s scope is best left alone............

Chei!.......WAHALA
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

mlbash

Mallamt or rather Mrt for the later suited you best. You really confused me seriously I can?t really tell either you are a Muslim or not. If you are a Muslim, please I would like to refer you to the following Qur?anic verses; that enumerate not only the Christianity. But also the Jesus (Isah A.S), his mother Maryam, their respective birth and also tells who the Christians are, their position, how they consider the Muslim and even what they regard Jesus. Qur?an, 2: 111 ? 121, 3: 35 ? 37, 3: 42 ? 51, 3: 64 ? 67, 5: 14 ? 19, 5: 81 ? 85, 5: 114 ? 119, 19: 17 ? 35, 19: 88 ? 94.
   Please I?m begging you to read those verses and find a scholar to interpret the meaning (Tafsir) for you, because I don?t think you can make any meaning out of thus, as you probed how an uttermost illiterate you are Islamically! If at all you know little in Islam you would not have said I don?t know anything in Christianity. I believe if you read Qur?an and comprehend it, you don?t need to look elsewhere to know what Christianity is.
   But if you are not Muslim, then may be your argument might be read as psychological derangement or simply sacrilege to your believe! How unfortunate!  
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

ummita

Haba! Onku........you too dey hot :lol: . Ya isa......he didnt say anything about you here. Yi Hankuri fa!

Wahala..............What is wrong with everybody? :?

mallamt

ummita
Thank you for attempting to respond on behalf of admin although I see you miss the point completely.  you started by indicating that my posting was not PMed to admin straight, there is a reason for that and that is the matter is of public (forumnites) interest (that is those of us that are not in the know of admins mind like some of you that know him), thus his response (explanation) would have removed some or any ambiguity that may exist in the minds of forumnites or contributors to the thread, on the manner they conduct themselves in such topics/issues.

You go on to say talk about general tone of contributors on issues such as this etc in trying to come to the conclusion that you support the action of admin.  That is fine one has no problem with your or anyones support for the actions of the admin probably if I had an explanation I would alo be in full support.  Remember my position or comments is not to the person of the admin but about his action.  With all due respect madam I believe you have not followed the discussion and thus you do not seem to understand what the issue is, as i can see from your posting that you comment on certain lines in a statement completely out of context of the statement.  It will be really nice if discussions are carried out in an open manner if you or the admin had a ground to close a thread it is absolutely okay, but in the interest of the forum and contributors as well as out of respect for people who contribute to the forum - please explain why you close a thread, is it such a difficult thing to do?  If there are documents to refer contributors to in such instances please refer them to it, if they plead innocent and if they do it again then close the thread, really I believe it is such a simple thing to do - show respect to those that contribute to your forum.

mallamt

mlbash
please accept it you do not know anything about christianity from what you are saying, it is like telling you to go and find out about islam in the bible

ummita

Quote from: "mallamt"ummita
Thank you for attempting to respond on behalf of admin although I see you miss the point completely.  you started by indicating that my posting was not PMed to admin straight, there is a reason for that and that is the matter is of public (forumnites) interest.
Am really sorry for missing the point. However, did the heading not read FOR YOU ADMIN? If it did, help me comprehend why I wouldnt assume that since it was for him, it should have been PM'd to him directly? Listen, I have no problem what-so-ever if issues are made public to the world at large beside if a forum encapsulates public interest.....then that is the purpose of it!

Quote from: "mallamt"You go on to say talk about general tone of contributors on issues such as this etc in trying to come to the conclusion that you support the action of admin.  That is fine one has no problem with your or anyones support for the actions of the admin probably if I had an explanation I would alo be in full support.  Remember my position or comments is not to the person of the admin but about his action.
Yes I went on (generalising) issues providing a simple assumption to collaborate my reasonings, why Admin has locked the topic. And for the simple reason that some people do not simply conform to the doctrine of holding interlectual dialogues rightly whether in agreement or not and Admins action might have affected those people like yourself who trully have what it takes to hold a dialogue. But it is not support but rather I see a reason why Admin took a rather pre-emptive measure to stop things stretching to the ambit of any pecarious situations. Perhaps you and I do not see eye to eye on that but I taught a preventative measure is better than cure .....There is a big difference between SUPPORT & TO SEE A REASON. My children are enough support to bring me down in muddles!

Quote from: "mallamt"With all due respect madam I believe you have not followed the discussion and thus you do not seem to understand what the issue is, as i can see from your posting that you comment on certain lines in a statement completely out of context of the statement.
With all due respects Sir, permit me to say that probably I was having a Deja-vu', otherwerwise I would have said that I remember before I got bulldozed with a bad cold...I made some nitty gritty' comments on the topic you are making requistions on & after my recovery, came bck & threads locked......if so, then am right on point in following that specific discussion as no word in that thread passed my eye unnoticed.

Quote from: "mallamt"If there are documents to refer contributors to in such instances please refer them to it, if they plead innocent and if they do it again then close the thread,
Trully, I can bring forth old dusty selected text, written here evidently displaying where comments have taken toil to a disgrace level but please pardon me for I have to take my kids to school but I promise I will make them available when time prevails & that is if you still need a supply on your demand.

Quote from: "mallamt"Really I believe it is such a simple thing to do - show respect to those that contribute to your forum.
Lastly, I do not have title to the forum, sole ownership belong to the proprietor. I am simply a member like you. All in all, I can say that for long.....I have witnessed the chain of unbroken mutual respect members have for each other in written arguments with critics all dished out without any hostility. Yet if bed covers are pulled off comfortable beds, then I think it should be undeniably accepted Admin can take a preventative measure. As I said the forum accepts all sorts. We remain anonymous when registering so knowing persons is not important & all members are treated equally and respectfully. Solicitation of this forum is for anyone with an interest. Come & go as you like is totally at your discretion. But I stress out solidarity should be promoted & emnity should be abhored before "thay kingdome come".
Or wuna no agree?

PS:Thnx 4 makin ur mind known in a civilised manner

EMTL

Quote from: "mallamt"mlbash
please accept it you do not know anything about christianity from what you are saying, it is like telling you to go and find out about islam in the bible

Mr. T, unfortunately the Bible has been revised many times, and ofcourse you know the implications of that...., no wonder it is difficult to find about Islam in the Bible. May Allah (SWT) make you see the light and embrace Islam.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

mallamt

Umitta wrote
QuoteAm really sorry for missing the point. However, did the heading not read FOR YOU ADMIN? If it did, help me comprehend why I wouldnt assume that since it was for him, it should have been PM'd to him directly?
I am sure you are aware of open letters written by groups or individuals to specific persons or offices published in the media like newspapers, and i am also aware this is very common practise even in nigeria.  Usually i suppose the approach is used to bring specific issues into the public domain and also to elicit the response of the persons or office involved, you get da gist?

QuoteBut it is not support but rather I see a reason why Admin took a rather pre-emptive measure to stop things stretching to the ambit of any pecarious situations. Perhaps you and I do not see eye to eye on that but I taught a preventative measure is better than cure
I am a bit confused here is it that you do not support admins action but however see his reason for it or is it that you support and see reason for his action?  I get from what you are saying you I can not ask if  support his action but can not see reason for it right.  I am not sure where you stand.  Secondly I think we must be careful with pre emptive actions they are dangerous that is what got the Iraqis in the situation they are in today a mad Bush man in far away america decided to take pre emtive action and we now know the reasons were all lies.

QuoteTrully, I can bring forth old dusty selected text, written here evidently displaying where comments have taken toil to a disgrace level but please pardon me for I have to take my kids to school but I promise I will make them available when time prevails & that is if you still need a supply on your demand.
That is probably a good thing but the idea here is basic principles should be developed as regards good and respectful behaviour or contributed on the basis of these selected texts of yours.  A notice board can be out up, so that should there be a breaking of the rules of engagement on the site admin warns you making reference to the notice board and the principle that is broken so that even if the thread is closed he makes refernce to the numbered principle on the rules of engagement that has been broken.

QuotePS:Thnx 4 makin ur mind known in a civilised manner
hmm thanx looks like I have been elevated to civilised person now so I can change these leaves I wear for some real cloths (she is laughing) the rest of the guys here you have a lot of work to do to get to ma level you see.

By the way keep warm and get well I don't think anyone wants to miss your sometimes cheeky but yet interesting and intelligent contribution

mallamt

QuoteMr. T, unfortunately the Bible has been revised many times, and ofcourse you know the implications of that...., no wonder it is difficult to find about Islam in the Bible. May Allah (SWT) make you see the light and embrace Islam.
I am sure you do not want me to respond to this if you did you would start a new thread, we have touched on this subject before and if I remebered you also contributed so you know how long it can get but please ride on set the ball rolling

Jack Fulcher

What a mess!  I go out of town for a few days to a bridge tournament and what do I find when I return?  My thread has been shut down by this "Admin" person, and any reasonable discussion on these life and death issues has been squelched.  I cannot help feeling that the underlying value of this sort of forum is simply missed by many of the participants here.  Some point out that the action of Admin is arbitrary and unjustified; some say "who cares, it really doesn't make any difference anyway, and it upsets my dinner," or something like that; and some say that if only Admin would tell us his reasons for shutting threads down, we would understand and support him (or her).

So here's my take on this whole thing.  Some on this board are saying things that Admin disagrees with strongly, but instead of adding his razor sharp analysis to the discussion simply takes his ball and goes home.  He refers to the thread going along certain lines, and for reasons given before he closes discussion, but in fact he has given no reasons, and I doubt he ever will.

I agree that impolite discussion and name calling are inappropriate here, and I would support sanctions on individuals for their actions; however, to simply stop the discussion, without reasons or any explanation, is counterproductive and very wrong.  However, my own reading of these threads over the past couple of weeks indicates to me that the biggest violator of decorum has been mlbash, who calls anyone with a criticism of Muslims "ignorant" and "illiterate."  But it is unlikely that this person will be admonished in any way, most likely because his position is in agreement with Admin.

That's my take on it, anyway.  On a more pleasant note, we played against some members of the Nigerian national bridge team in our tournament, and I think these guys will do well in international play.  One name I remember is Kayode, only because one of the auditors in my office goes by the same name and is from Lagos.  This Kayode is one sharp bridge player, believe me.

And a disturbing thing I read in the San Francisco Chronicle when I got back was the difficulties Kano was having coping with the recent outbreak of the bird flu.  I hope this does not damage your economy much.  However, if the birds are not destroyed, the long term damage will be much greater.  What a horrible situation for everyone.

Anyway, if I'm wrong about all this, Admin, I apologize and hope you can set me straight.  But it is insufficient to simply say that discussion is a waste of time, as someone said here recently.  You may not agree with what some say on this board, but that does not mean that our discussion is meaningless.  Free speech is never meaningless, and our actions must always be supported through reason.