News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

How can we make Kano Online Forum & Website more lively and resourceful?

Started by admin, April 01, 2016, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

I was going to suggest to admin that an app be created for the site, but nice to see that that suggestion has already been made. I'm a bit nostalgic about the old site and feel, like goga mentioned, maybe a mobile-friendly site might suffice. At least for now. What matters most is for members to come back and be a bit active. An occasional post now and then would go a long way in helping to revive this beloved forum. I have sojourned into the worlds of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (yes, sadly ???), Google+ etc, but personally nothing beat this place. Maybe I'm old-fashioned like that  ;D

Alex25

my blog

Gwanki

I am Abubakar A Gwanki :o I knew this website since last 2 years ago. But still I have many questions about this website.
Why this website is named Kano Onlineâ"
Is this website Kano state government ownedâ"
If not so Who is the ownerâ"
Answer please

admin

Gwanki,

This website is not owned by Kano State Government.
{This web site contains information about and regarding among others, present-day Kano State of Nigeria. However, the information here is not necessarily sanctioned by or is not an official information from the Government of Kano State of Nigeria.}
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

paretomaster

Quote from: gogannaka on April 05, 2016, 12:19:14 PM
I believe the front page needs to have a list of the most active or latest posts. There needs to be active moderators that will edit content or be responsible for displaying hot topics for discussion. This would save the user the trouble to go through different sub-boards searching for topics to discuss.

More suggestions coming

That's correct,  you can view site like Nairaland to implement this modifications.

And if possible,  the name kanoonline be change to reflect  do things encompassing the whole North or Arewa. .

Are moderators still needed?
Enjoy every moment in life, cos the gift of life is life itself.. ..

admin

paretomaster

Arewaforum,  it also depends on what we seek to achieve,  if we give it a name reflecting North only,  won't other non Northerners think we r being sectional?

I other to carry more people along,  let's look for a unifying name.. ..

Pls tell those in charge to look at Nairaland,  and build the site with similar features. ...

We seriously need a drink t page with updateefron time to time.

Please I will like to know if moderators are needed..
Enjoy every moment in life, cos the gift of life is life itself.. ..

admin

kilishi

This is nostalgic, years passed, i feel lost when i logged in for the first time after about morethan a decade. i love this forum and im glad its here. i missed everyone here, Ummita, fulanicious, Hafsy, Goga , WAZIRI, gimbiya, goga etc
ilishi

zezezee

Salam alaikum everyone!

Long time no chat! Hope everyone is doing great and in good health. And not too old nowadays! :)

I just received the Ramadan Mubarak email this morning and I came looking around to see if I would find some good old friends. Glad to see the chatter still going on even if only occasionally.

Its obvious that technology has shifted around us and K-Online certainly needs to catchup. Perhaps integration with Social Media makes more sense as a possible evolution path.

Hussna, Kilishi, Fateez, Admin/Moderator, Dante, Gogannaka, Hausanicious - ina gaisuwa!

Ina labarin su Hafsa, Danbanza, Waziri, Mudacris, da sauran yan uwa kuma...

A huta lafiya.
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.