News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HAUSAWA mu koma NOMA.

Started by Dante, January 11, 2004, 11:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

A gaskiya yanzu, bama yin NOMA kamar yadda iyayenmu da
ka kannin mu keyi a shekurun baya da suka wuce.

The percentage has fallen from 95% to almost 45% estimatively from the past 50 - 60 years.

Gaskiya, ya kamata Hausawa mu koma Noma!
Gyada, Auduga, Goro, ...... D.S.

Yanzu halin da Nigeriya take ciki, abin ba'a cewa komai! ya kamata kafin MAI ya kare (Crude Oil) Arewa a san
halin da muke ciki. Kuma wannan zai sa mutane da yawa
su sami aikin yi.

EMTL

Gaskiya ne noma tushen arziki. Me ye shawara tunda gwannati ta yi kafar-ungulu kan batun takin zamani?
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Muhammad

Salam
A agree with Dante assertion. However, the main reason people dont engage in 'large scale farming'  is because, farming is not lucrative as say, marketing petroleum or importing atamfa.
Also, the govt in NIgeria really doesnt care about farmers otherwise it would have subsidize many items currently being imported.
The solution is not a simple as we imagined but if some high profile individuasl were to embark on that sought of enterprise and suceeed, people will most surely follow suit.
I hope it happens.................... amin
Bissalam

Dante

Gaskiya ne wannan Amin,
Ya kamata kenan mu fito mu yi tawaye akan wannan shawara taka. Ya kamata hausawa su gane irin illar da akayi mana (AREWA) akan daina temakawa da gwamnatin yanzu takeyi game da NOMA. Kowa ya zura wa Crude oil ido, da shigowa da atampa (Import/export). Ya kamata kowa yayi tunani sosai.

Anonymous

In many ways easy Oil money has been the ruination of Nigeria. Huge areas of Nigeria are fertile farming areas and government assisted farming schemmes could provide very lucrative farming industry employing properly hundreds of thousands of men. Kano State is especially well suited due to the foresight of Gov Audu Bako thirty years ago but his magnificent plans to grow millions of tons annually of fruit and vegetables to be exported to Europe which started with the building of Bagauda and Tiga dams to irrigate huge areas of the state were never followed through. The north doesn't need oil money. It needs irrigation and serious governors with constructive plans.

Dante

QuoteIn many ways easy Oil money has been the ruination of Nigeria. Huge areas of Nigeria are fertile farming areas and government assisted farming schemmes could provide very lucrative farming industry employing properly hundreds of thousands of men. Kano State is especially well suited due to the foresight of Gov Audu Bako thirty years ago but his magnificent plans to grow millions of tons annually of fruit and vegetables to be exported to Europe which started with the building of Bagauda and Tiga dams to irrigate huge areas of the state were never followed through. The north doesn't need oil money. It needs irrigation and serious governors with constructive plans.

Thank you very much! Arewa does'nt need Oil money @ all, had it been we were still farming like the olden dayz. What are now the use of Bagauda & Tiga dams? What has been spent there was wasted, if to say that the farming thing has'nt continued. Goverment need's to support our local farmers more than ever.

Great Post!

Muhammad

Salam
dante you have made an erroneous assertion. Arewa DOES need oil money but not at the scale it receives now. If our agricultural production were same as before and all things held constant (ceteris paribus), we can utilize the extra money from oil to build infrastructure and also invest the capital in mechanising agriculture.
In ka lura kasashe kamar US sun amfana kwarai da gaske ta wanna fannin. I am sure you must have heard of the standard oil and american story.
nasan this  issue is quite emotional for some of us amma, lallai kudin man fetur is very important.
Bissalam

Waziri

Munir,

But the federal government is importing some white farmers from South Africa to explore our lands. Do you think there is still prospect for a Bahaushe that farms, when there is serious competion between his product and the products of his counterpart from South Afica who uses more sophisticated apparatus in cultivating the land?

I think everybody will go for the whiteman's product since they will be cheaper and better processed than the ones by Mallam Bahaushe. Ofcourse the whiteman's machines will help him produce at a least cost as oppose to ours and his machine can refine better than ours.

It is our misfortune.

Maqari

Before proceeding to indulge in the titled matter i would like to openly express my admiration of this thread unfortunately one of the few on kanoonline that dare tackle real issues
Aminu,
Dave McEwan Hill
Waziri
Dante Jr.
EMTL
much props comrades ! much props !!!
now allow me to contribute my humble analysis,regardless of tremendous amount of vacant fertile lands in the north and throughout nigeria and most parts of africa our economies continue to crumble and travel downwards not just because of our exessive dependancy on natural resources and corrupted authorities but also our own negligence i say us meaning the masses we continue to blindly trust one corrupted administration after another to better our living status when in fact we are as responsible in the wreckege of our lands as they are, itsthe lack of  our own very concious of self worth and overestimation of the powers that be, that eludes us to continue to hope and not work to better our development,we sit and complain about matters then elect a prisident who recycles old exploitation schemes,with countries like US China and alot of European countries who perticularly benefit from our negligence of agriculture, take in account that the US prodeces the bulk of the worlds cotton and china its rice while europe fuels the tanks of livestock , so its incircumstancial that our leaders who mostly answear directly to those countries will do anything to contradict the economical stability of their colonial masters, in another hand YES there is the lack of means and "sophisticated apparatus" like Waziri point out but these are obstacles that us the masses can overcome, like dante pointed out "tawaye" might seem a bit exergarated yet its the most logical and efficient solution, we need to stop complaining and theorising and start solving our problems, we the people as in you and I, we need to prioritize the developement of our people above everything use our insights and intellect to create and apply methods not just make analogies, unite our visions and goals to manifest our own destinies regardless of personal intrests, WE can start right here right now, before u proceed to ridicule and laugh at my audacity just take a minute and think comrades allow your memories to traverse back in the history lane, consider cases like: the Cuban revolution it started with few wispers of freedom in the bars of mexico city
The black panther party started with a blurred vision of few students namely Huey P Newton and Bobby Seale
Malcolm X was once a hustler who proceeded to lead the masses
in 1949 THE PAN AFRICAN party was just a collection of few students who held a conferance in london, the spirit and dedication of its members will later bring indipendence to many of african nations in cases of the likes of patrice lumumba, Kwame Nkurma etc.
 So its possible ya'll when the will is strong enough, lets save our nation from bereucracy corruption and inherited aristocracy people who rather found POLO clubs than build schools in out country, resistance is the only answer ! POINT BLANK ! i hope you will at lease take a minute to consider my points comrades, VIVA LA REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waziri this is for you, i remember an abbasid poet once saying:
"Tarumul izza thumma tanaamu lailan ? yaguthul bahra man dalabal-layaliy"
lets rise my people lets rise, and honor the sprits of mallam Aminu kano and murtala mohammed, LETS RISE

Anonymous

;D
A Gaskiya nayi ta kokarin cijewa kada in yi magana a kan harkar nan ta noma, amma na kasa. Babu shakka duk wani mutumin arewacin Najeriya, ba ma bahaushe kawai ba, bashi da wata martaba da ta wuce ta noma. Amma meye ya kashe harkar noma?
A takaice, mafi cutarwa daga abubuwan da suka kashe harkar noma a kasar hausa, shine miyagun shugabanni wadanda suka lalata harsashin da nagartattun shugabannin baya suka aza.
Misali, dubu abin da marigayi Gwamnan Jihar Kano Alhaji Audu Bako yayi wa noma: Ya kafa hukumar nan ta raya kogin kano, wadda a yanzu aka sani da hukumar raya kogunan hadejia da jama'are, ya kakkafa cibiyoyin bayen shanu a sassa dabam dabam na jihar, sa'annan ya shigo da nagartattun shanu daga kasashen waje wadanda akai ta aurar dasu ga shanunmu na gida, ya kafa gidan kaji na gani na fada a kano, wanda har ya fara haifar da wata masna'anta ta naman kaji da kwai. Yayi abubuwa da dama da ba zasu lissafu cikin kankanin lokaci ba, amma bayan an hambare gwamnatinsu, sai sauran gwamnatoci suka rika yin watandar abubuwan da suka gada suna kaiwa gonakinsu, talakan Kano kuma ko oho. To don Allah yaya za'a yi noma ya bunkasa idan har yanzu ana irin wnnan cin amana?
Zuwan Man fetur kuma, gami da tsananin son jiki na mutanenmu, sai yasa kowa yayi waysi da noman ya koma kwangila da dillanci, abin da a yau ya mayar damu cima zaune a kasar, har ma 'yan uba suka sami bakin yi mana gori da habaici. To gori ma tukuna, sai Obasanjo ya cimma burinsa na shigo da manoma daga kudancin Africa, sunzo sun mamayae mana gonakin namu tukuna. Watakil nan da shekaru 50 masu zuwa, ma kwato su idan Allah yayi mana katari da wani kwatankwacin Mugabe. Idan kuwa hakan bata samu ba, to kangin bauta kuma babu mai ftar da jikokinmu daga cikinsa.
Allah ya Kyauta.

Dante

Salam,

Gaskiya naji dadin irin contributions din da akayi a cikin wannan
guri. Irin wannan zai karawa kowa ilimi akan irin halin da AREWA
ke ciki a bangaren Noma. Ya kamata kam Gwamnatin arewa su
kara kokartawa game da harkokin NOma a Arewa.

Sas

Salam

I do like some of the points from this topic.
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

Hausanicious

QuoteSalam

I do like some of the points from this topic.

Me too!
Say no Evil and Do no Evil unto Me,   Kunji Ko!

Dante

QuoteSalam
dante you have made an erroneous assertion. Arewa DOES need oil money but not at the scale it receives now. If our agricultural production were

Yeah man, haka ne!

But if only we have retained our resources & capitals in the
field! and we need the government to import sophisticated
machineries & stuffs.

And also to educate our local farmers on how to operate
computerized machineries E.G it's quite hard to get a local
farmer who knows how to use one of these machineries of
nowadayz.

Anonymous

Quote;D
A Gaskiya nayi ta kokarin cijewa kada in yi magana a kan harkar nan ta noma, amma na kasa................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ma kwato su idan Allah yayi mana katari da wani kwatankwacin Mugabe. Allah ya Kyauta.

Ameen thumma ameen.

Allah ya gyara mana wannan hali da aka shiga. Kuma yasa albarka a kasar hausa. Ya kamata duk wani musulmi dake kaunar arewa taci gaba, to ya rinka gayawa allah a cikin addu'ar sa.

Haza wassalam.