News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Whither Nigerian Census

Started by EMTL, March 24, 2006, 09:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
The Federal Government is expending Billions of Nigeria (17?) to conduct a census.

As of this morning (Friday, the 24th March 2006) i am yet to see an enumerator coming to my house, i understand am not alone. Could this exercise be another waste of public resources or a Hidden agenda toi cook-up figures????????????

Come to think of it am yet to be given my national ID card.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

HUSNAA

Absolutely correct. A horrendous waste of resources. You can be assured that much of it was quietly stashed away in some unknown private bank accounts. Its ludicrous to hear that there is a special EU payment for enumerators and all it adds up to is just over 5000 naira per enumerator. Da ga jin wannan kasan there was a huge scam. I am totally disgusted, disillusioned and embarrassed for Nigeria, because in this day and age, there are far more (cost) effective ways of conducting census enumeration. What is GIS there for? They wont employ this obvious digital technology to conduct  the census, but they would want to employ it to conduct elections and rig votes digitally.
I'm just too disllusioned.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

dee

Some people in Lagos confirmed that they got counted. Some had to go pick the census workers up themselves though becuase they didn't have means of getting to their area. A big shame isn't it.