News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Who's the Boss?

Started by Saif-e-, March 01, 2004, 02:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saif-e-

I dont know if i am the only person who has ever argued wit afriend ova who's da boss when it comes to computers between windows and Macintosh(Apple).Yeah I know that windows has a bigger Empire ;And Bill Gates might be a whole lot Richer than Steve Jobs,who is the lowest paid CEO in the world(Being paid a dollar a year but has more than enough shares of the company), but which one is better; Now personally, im a Mac fan(A Die hard Fan!!!!!)because apple computers are more durable both physically and dont crash almost at all,not to mention the innovative and sleek and almost edible design(i.e "Think different") . But i wanted to find out other people's views.So which one is it,Xp or Mac Os X? Windows Or Mac ? Don't be stereo-typed.Be sincere!
Life is a lesson,learn it_

ajingi

You can be Mac fan if you like, and it's depend on how useful the macintosh is to u. sincerely Billgate is uncomparable. do you know why billgate become a computer wizard. How did you view Macintosh(Apple) performance. Who register the (Apple)? How do you compare Window and Macintosh?. From my on view Bill is the Father.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

mlbash

Quote from: "wonderful"online pharmacy - http://www.bestrxpills.com

online pharmacy or online drugs?
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

kitkat

Quote from: "ajingi"You can be Mac fan if you like, and it's depend on how useful the macintosh is to u. sincerely Billgate is uncomparable. do you know why billgate become a computer wizard. How did you view Macintosh(Apple) performance. Who register the (Apple)? How do you compare Window and Macintosh?. From my on view Bill is the Father.

In the very near future it wont be about microsoft and apple but Google and the rest. These guys now have a market cap of over $140 Billon and rising and its all software, not a single hardware item in the market yet. With the kind of brand recognition they've generated its only a matter of time b4 they venture into music players, servers and even pcs or games. Dont forget microsoft was strictly an OS firm sometime ago, but most of their resources are now focused on the X box and the twenty someting billion a year gaming market.

On the mac windows debate, i was a windows user untill a couple of years ago when i got a powerbook and since then ive been converted. Lovely bright screen, fast processor, no viruses or worms, no hanging or freezing or bloody error codes, the best keyboard on the market and rugged as hell. Now the new intel powered macs have been launched at up to 4 times faster.

Im looking for an excuse to get one.

sdanyaro

Yes kitkat. I agree with you about Google... I think they got it right and they seems to be ahead of the curve for now regarding this issue and by the way, they have been in server bossiness for a while now... they have been selling Search and related information server services...

As for the Mac, I also have been thinking of taking the plunge... well not a plunge but tip-toe into the Mac ocean and in addition to the reasons you numerated, I am very much interested with fact that the underline OS in Linux based.

As for -
QuoteIm looking for an excuse to get one.
- I can offer to get the old Mac at a reduce cost from you when you get the New fast Intel based MAC.

kitkat

Quote from: "sdanyaro"Yes kitkat.  As for -
QuoteIm looking for an excuse to get one.
- I can offer to get the old Mac at a reduce cost from you when you get the New fast Intel based MAC.

Im sure we can work out a deal. Im just waiting for them to roll out the 12 inch model, so far they only launched the 15.4 inch with widescreen. Heard google just bought a 5% stake in AOL

sdanyaro

Kitkat,

Thanks a lot and we'll keep an eye for the 12" Model to come out...

Thanks again!

Saif-e-

[quote
Dont forget microsoft was strictly an OS firm sometime ago, but most of their resources are now focused on the X box and the twenty someting billion a year gaming market.
[/quote]

Let me remind you that The Almighty ipod owns about 70% of the mp3 market which is also growing very fast and if i remember correctly apple in the guiness book,either as of 2000 or2002 had made the most expensive advert in history,which was also the most cost effective,costing $500 million to run a super bowl advert that ran for 30 seconds.......
Life is a lesson,learn it_