News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Thirty Seven Years After Sardauna

Started by nura, January 15, 2003, 06:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nura

It has been Thirty Seven Years today after the demise of The Sardauna of Sakkwato, Alhaji Sir ahmadu Bello, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa etc. How do you view them? Do you know them? How do you remember them? What do you think of the so called five majors, Revolutioneries, assasins, or overzealous tribalists? Please contribute and be objective please.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Aydee Fella

Thanks for starting this topic ,im also a fan of the Sardauna Allah ya jikan shi ,but i dunno much about .
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Muhammad

Salam all

How time flies. I just finished reading the sardauna book written by John Paden. I now realize that the Sardauna was really a stateman taken away from us by not wellwishing Nigerians.

We will be honoring Sardauna posthumously by adopting his visions in full - Ie stressing the importance of religion and education, tolerance and independence.
May his soul rest in Peace.......... Amin

al_hamza

there are people called wasila (arabic word) which means people through which Allah helps others.
Northern Nigeria today is what Sardauna did in his 5-6 yrs tenure
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

fatee

YOu can say............ he's the father of the north. sai dai muce Allah yaji kan maza.............. ya kuma kawo mana wasu mazan. ::)

Anonymous

Gaba ta wuce baya adda saura yanzu ku nemo wani kamatai...

fatee

salam
Gaskiya kuwa , ya kamata a nemo wani . to ko zamu nada ka ne ??? ;D

Ummulhuda

QuoteWhat do you think of the so called five majors, Revolutioneries, assasins, or overzealous tribalists? Please contribute and be objective please.
Let me say something about this while I'm at it.
I wonder how many people have read that Book 'Nzeagu' which was authored by our venerable President when he was Plain General Obasanjo (or was he retired then? Can't remember). Well I must say that I have and I strongly recomend it to anyone who wants to have an idea as to the psyche of the man responsible for the 1966 coup events. The ?general aim of our revered President was not to shed light on the prologue to the coup. His sole aim for writing the book was to exonerate his friend Kaduna Nzeagu.
I don't have the book with me anymore, otherwise I could read again it just so I can give a critique, backed up with quotes.
Nevertheless, the general conclusion I arrived at when i read the book, has stuck in my memory and I am going to very briefly talk about it.
Kaduna Nzeagu was a rebellious trouble maker right from his youth. In the book, there are instances cited by Obasanjo whereby Nzeagu was always at loggerheads with his secondary school teachers. He always felt he knew better than them or that his way was the best;(however, he had not the means to injure his teachers other than through a verbal contest or by some mischief or something like that). Even when he went into the army, he had a few brushes with some of his commanding officers. So it looked like where ever he happened to find himself a subordinate, he bucked at authority. So how on earth can a person with a psyche like that not take up arms against authority when guns and ammunution were so tantalizingly within reach? ?

He was the leader of the gang of five and to be honest, he had some leadership qualities (even if they were limited to his rabble rousing capabilities) and that is the tragedy of the whole matter. A less determined person may not have carried his murderous actions to their conclusions.
The feelings that Nzeagu had that his teachers were not up to his standards were the same feelings he had many years later (albeit colored by prejudice perhaps), when he cold bloodedly murdered Sardauna,Tafawa Balewa and the rest.
His instincts may not have been purely to kill the Northern leaders simply ?for the sake of their being northerners. This is what is universally assumed because all the five Majors involved were Igbos. The fact that they are all of the same tribe might have been because he would never have got a northerner to turn against his countrymen and that is probably why he used his Igbo brothers; at least they will stand by him.

Dan-Sokoto

hi fellas

The Sardauna was a tall and hefty man who always carried 'Chasbi'. A very good and honest account of him could be found in Late Sheikh Abubakar Mahmoud Gumi's biography "where i stand". I recommend the book to all those who admire Gamji dan kwarai.

Allah ya ji kanshi tare da duk musulmi baki daya.

Dan-Sokoto

Waziri

Dan-Sokoto, Amin

It's been long, I thought I will not here from u again. May last year be worse than this year. Sardauna indeed was a great soul. Yes, inspite of all odds.

Waziri

ummita

May his legendary life live on, 2 keep ppl sayin it all out!!!

Same 'ere dunno alot though I knew he was amongst d greatest of all tyms
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Ihsan

This is what is universally assumed because all the five Majors involved were Igbos. The fact that they are all of the same tribe might have been because he would never have got a northerner to turn against his countrymen and that is probably why he used his Igbo brothers; at least they will stand by him.

Hmmm.... talk about tribalism  :-/
greetings from Ihsaneey

Ummulhuda

Anonymous

im sorry we have all dissapointed them by not upholding their lagcies.