News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

OPEN LETTER TO GOV. SHEKARAU {OUR SCHOOLS ARE PRODUCING ILLITERATES}

Started by Mallam, November 10, 2007, 09:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallam

Sir,
I respectfully wish to use this medium to air my disappointment with the quality of the educational system in Kano state.
With a seasoned educationist like you in the saddle of power, i believe Kano State public secondary schools should not be producing Semi Illiterates who can not even hold a decent conversation in english Language.
Islamic education is a compulsory on every Muslim, but dont you think emphasis should be made on combining the Islamic education with the modern type
Kano indigenes are known from time in memorial to the knowledgeble leaders in every field of human endeavour, but the present educational situation is a SHAME on the leadership of your adminstration.
i will suggest you take unannounced visits to educational institutions in the state and make impromptu interviews and tests for both students and teachers of the schools, i am sure you will be embarrassed by the situation.
It will bve a good thing if you take a good look at it.
This is the type of thing that will determine your legacy.

IBRAHIM OYEKANMI

P O BOX 13145
KANO G P O
KANO
MAKING SOMEONE HAPPY AND RELIEVING SOMEONE'S SADNESS IS MY EVERYDAY MISSION.
JOIN ME BY HELPING THOSE WHO YOU CAN HELP TODAY!

gogannaka

Very good observation Ibrahim.
It would interest you to know that it isnot only the students that can't holda decent conversation in English language,even the teachers can't.This is not a joke.
About 4 years ago,the Kano state teachers service board conducted promotion interviews for the teachers and it was quite unfortunate.Some of the teachers (not arabic teachers o!) could not express themselves in English.Many didn't know the number of local governments in kano state.
The person who told me this saw my surprise and asked how i think this could be solved.
My answer 'God save us'.The damage has been done.

The problem is a big one,a very big one.
Mallami ba ilimi yaya yaro zai sami ilimi?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Kai GGNK!
Your answer was good, but somehow I am still disappointed!. Surely you must have had some thoughts on how this problem could be solved. In ba muda malamai kwarrarru, then send them all back to the drawing board and in the meantime employ foreigners to do the job until our own teachers are up to standard then gradually phase out employing foreigners and use local ppl. By foreigners, I mean other African indigenes with better educational standards than us.

Lol they are thin on the ground however, seeing that all our neighbors are french speaking and the english speaking ones are worse off than us, having been decimated by war (Liberia and Sierra Leone...... that smacks of conspiracy somehow).  There is the Gambia though.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum