News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

TRIABALISM TRIABALISM TRIABALISM

Started by Anonymous, October 14, 2002, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egede1

I am disappointed that few contributors are calling for the closure of this thread. When young Nigerians could not exercise the demeanor of democratic principles, I tend to question the place of democracy in Nigeria. It is naked fact that a born tribalist always feels uncomfortable debating the issue of tribalism or ethnic bias. Nobody is born wicked rather human beings made a human being to be wicked. I did not know about tribalism or ethnic bias or religious intolerance in Nigeria until the year 1966. This particular year will always remind me that Nigeria is a mere expression of word. It remains a simple word that does not connote anything beyond the sound in the pronunciation of the word or the paper on which it is written. And the actions of subsequent governments have not helped issue in any form or shape. We shall call on the federal govt. of Nigeria to tear down quota system slammed on the recruitment of the young officer?s cadets into Nigerian armed forces. Nigerian govt. should render JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) absolute useless. All admission to Nigerian military institutions, academic institutions, recruitment into public services and promotions should be based on meritorious examinations. I have read articles where people are calling Igbos and Yorubas as worst tribalists in Nigeria. Anyway, these people are entitled to their opinion. But I should recalled that no ethnic group in Nigeria that have gone out of their form to embrace people of other ethnic group like the Igbos. Even when the other ethnic groups frown at the presence of the Igbos in their domain, the Igbo kept coming.        

ummita

Egede, I've read all ur post & others kanoonliners with regards 2 this so-called tribalism, well we all heard ppls opinions. Some very judgemental, some containin one sided thingy, other were subjective while others were objective.

Igbo,Yoruba & even Hausas, r all tribalist, as long as eni tribe judges d others as tribalist then they 2 shud b regarded as tribalist.

EGEDE............can I simply ask u su'in......? R U TRIBALIST?

.................Hold up there!!! I know ur answer..........NO (ryt)? U r not. So lets sit down..........say e.g (u & I) Wat shud we du or how can we bring about major changes 2 tribalism. Lets broker a peace settlement. Tell me Wat du u think d northerners do that alot of southerner or whereeva regard these hausa ppl as tribalist.?

CAN ANY1 AMONGST D HAUSAS OR YORUBA VOLUNTEER to tell me wat they think that makes them think that southerners r tribalist?

Lets all STOP judging who r fast superior when it comes down to tribalism, wat shud we du to stop it. I know it might not have a solution, but wat can help?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speak up or 4eva hold ur piece :D
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

QuoteIn addition, I have to duff my hat to the lady who summoned the courage to raise this issue of tribalism in Nigeria. This canker worm is eating into the fabric of our national unity and should be stopped every place it has existed. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

eHEMMM........shud I accept this......(Of course!!!)....I thank u Broda Egede. ;) (she laffs) Juss kiddin around. Bck 2 issues
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Egede1

ummita

If I am a triblist, it could have been a welcome sight for me that federal govt. of Nigeria had institutionalized ethnic bias in her policies. If you had followed my posts very closely, you would have discovered that my posts have never indulged in labeling any section of the Nigeria tribalistic. However, my posts have kicked against any instance of federal govt. of Nigeria creating classes of distinction among the populace. It is not my style to bring my personal experiences with other ethnic groups in public. I believed that many of us have experienced some form of discrimination either on the bases of ethnicity or religion. Of course, Nigeria is an assembly of many ethnic groups but the federal govt. should not make it worse than is already by institutionalizing ethnic bias.

admin

Thank you all for contributing to this topic.

At this point this thread has outlived its usefulness. It is therefore, being locked.
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!