News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

That international VIRGIN conference

Started by Waziri, February 24, 2004, 02:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waziri

Several weeks back, I was listening to the BBC Hausa service in their morning programme, after my Subh prayer, when I heard a masculine voice of a certain James... of one association that consists of virgins only. ?The association aims at enlightening the African public on the importance of staying VIRGIN before marriage, all for nothing more than to help in the campaigns against AIDS. It even plans to hold an international VIRGIN conference somewhere at Ghana in the second quota of this year.

Yes, this of course represents something we rarely hear in this modern world of ours, in fact it left my intellect bemused for sometime. VIRGIN???? At the 21st century?????????? I asked ma self. It really sounded unlike d present world; perhaps we are going back to d 18th century as my Gud friend Mr. Jack Fulcher would think.

But yet that made me started thinking all d same. As a Muslim, I know adultery and fornication are actions prohibited by God and the reward from abstaining from such practice is only granted by God in the hereafter. But yet there is the remaining question as to whether there is a material benefit in this world if one shud hold back from committing such acts apart from it being a tactical way of avoiding AIDS???

This of course has been a question that been bugging our minds for years, since in our O'level to A' level days. ?Is there any material benefit of one staying virgin till he or she get married no matter how long it would take??? I am sorry K-onliners for being this overt. Some among us were Christians, some were Muslims but from highly cultured families, some were Muslims from a background that did not give them sufficient guide, and yet some were even freethinkers. At many instances many among us would quickly condemn it to be a grievous sin, especially the "hardliners" Muslims and a handful of the Christians while others would say getting deflowered is better. They find pride in it. They see themselves earning more respect from d gal friend they date; they even mock those that do not see d beauty in being that exposed. Some ask others as to how they do survive without it. ?In fact how could one survive the challenge of nature from the adolescent age thru' to d secondary and A'level? The temptation, and d pride in having a complete woman (or man in d case of d woman speaking) emotionally at one's service??? Yes, they are having sufficient practice so that they can handle marriage with maximum efficiency, they say.

I can still remember how a friend in our crew in our A'level days was cajoled into deflowering d lady he would marry in d hope of keeping her completely loyal 2 him. And so was also d other friend who told out how his lady friend who has already been into it has been threatening him to get himself deflowered or she leaves him. He was confused, he liked and he didn't like... ! So many and many incidences that can be easily recalled. Life could be sweet and as well funny. It is promise as well as doom.

Yes, as we were growing up many things happened, you leave this crew of friends today and join another, you travel to a far land n see different ppl of different cultures n worldview. I can still remember an incident that happened, I traveled to a certain tribal chief far east in the hope of soliciting his support - then I was very active in campus politics - night caught up with me in his apartment as such I had to sleep there. When d time came for me to rest my back he suggested for me to just share the room of his teanage daughter?????? My intellect was abashed, thank god I have enough shock absorbers but that suggestion alone FROM THE BIOLOGICAL FATHER OF THE GEL, left an impression in my mind that can hardly be deleted. Thank God I could tactically and politically deny his offer without making him to feel or look foolish. ?

Here, there we are, but yet the questions are still trailing behind us. Those that got themselves deflowered among us are always being asked as d benefits accrued from it. And now that we have all grown up, some of us are married with even kids; reality has begun to manifest itself in its true color.

Perhaps apart from it being an item of faith or a way of avoiding AIDS we can by now derive some material benefits to it.

In the recent past I watched on a movie like that, set in a typical American setting titled: The Best Man (dunno whether u watched it).

It carries a scene where d co-character of d movie, Lans Sullivan, a football star and also a distinguished player - as in man to woman relationship - was introduced to a lady who was said to be saving her virginity for her husband. Instantly Sullivan crashed with a huge crush for her, and was later to go to every length in order to own her and when later it surfaced to him dat she had been deflowered by his own best friend he almost went crazy. I was really wondering, is it natural wid human conscience to respect and appreciate innocent ppl???????

I watched also in another movie Titled: Evil Cult that was set in Wudan Mountain in Tibet, how Jet Li who was the starring, was advised by his grand father to keep himself virgin to a particular height in life, for that is another sure path to INVINCIBILITY. So he tried and so he achieved invincibility.

Well, all of the above only happened in movies and as such may not hold true in real life. But yet, if in two different worlds, that of America and that of China, some people are harboring the thought that saving virginity, for a legitimate matrimonial contract, is a potent tool for achieving higher goals in social relations, then I think we have for today another real a harbinger for societal re-orientation.

It indeed will be a welcomed development if this forth-coming conference should make as part its agenda an intensive research into the issue of keeping safe from sexual practices before marriage, with the view of not only fighting AIDS but that of bringing more to our fore the enormous enclave of honey that is associated with keeping safe before marriage.

For me and for now, I know it improves one's spirit, makes one look more charismatic, more faithful and dedicated to spouse after marriage, and gives ones a good sense of optimism when it comes to telling the truth. Keeping safe improves the spirit of man. It earns one more confidence amongst friends. I know of many among us that are today walking in the atmosphere of it-might-have-been.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Ibrahim i stronly share your views. May Allah (SWT) Help us to protect our diginities.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Guduma

Virgins! virgins!! Where? Haba brothers, how could you believe that there is any jupiter that can convene an all virgins conference successfully without any rancour, and in Ghana! Well, am not saying that there are no virgins in the world, but certainly the available ones must be the very young girls. I only hope parents will think twice before sending their girls to this conference that may turn out to be an unfortunate disvirgin-ing spree. We in this part of the world will never forget Ben Murray Bruce! Remember him?

Waziri

Yup, that is it Guduma but gist us bout Ben Bruce what did he do?

Did he convene virgins only to get them deflowered?

Engineer Tukur,  my compliment too

Muhammad

salam
I think the title " international VIRGIN conference" sounds scandalous but the message, to me at least is in line with islamic conduct and injunctions.
True, virginity, by definition, must be sought by all un married folks (women AND men). But the current culture of condom and contraceptives has'nt helped matters. You know people think as long as they don't contract HIV or become pregnant, then they can hide their unbecoming deeds. Not any more!
My opinion is in strict agreement with what Allah commanded. That not only are we not to have sex outside wedlock, but that we should not come close to where such a munkar can potentially be commited.
I think one solution to this can be early marriage.

PS: Question: ?do you think Muta'a (temporary marriage to put it bluntly)  is sanctioned in Sunni Islam? As you may know, Shi'as do practice this.

Waziri

Aminuddeen, Mut'a does not find precedence in the Sunni Muslim world.

Guduma

Waziri so u have not heard about the silverboard prod. ltd? The guys who organize MISS Nigeria contests all these years? The chairman is Ben, the erstwhile NTA DG. Can't u remember the MISS world he tried to hold in Nigeria and the Isioma Daniel's garrulous chicanery on Prophet Mohammed? That is the chap, he believes only in organizing outings for young girls to expose their tender flesh for his ravenously unsatiable lust for VIRGINS!!!!!!!! Little wonder "then they" abore Sharia.