News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE PDP PRIMARIES

Started by nura, January 06, 2003, 06:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nura

It used to be African for incumbent to win elections by any means possible including blackmail, murder, extortion of votes and even juju but the recent Kenyan elections have changed all that. Unfortunately not in the so called giant of Africa. Although the PDP primaries appear free and fair it seems they are not, you just need to listen to Ekweme's speech after the winner has been declared to know that a lot has been done to tilt the scale not a little but a lot to give somebody what is called a landslide.

And the blackmails were there too. It was said that the Governors were told that any percieved/noticed opposition from anybody will attract probe/anticorruption commission. It was said that in case of any State not bowing to the powerful leaders the entire Governors will be probed. And of course they had to budge or do you think there is any Governor that will not dread the infamous tool used in bringing down the enemies of the presidency. A word is enough for the wise they say if you are in doubt ask Na'abba, it seems the anti-corruption has worked on him. Have you heard anything on impeachment since Hon. Sam Obande's petition or from Anyim since Senator Nzeribe's petition? This shows that it takes a thief to catch a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Blaqueen

i soooo hate politics.. and i soooo cant follow it... i really wish i could contribute to this... but i really dunno whut to say...  ::)

'cuse me...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

Great topic AM! I've been following the news like a hawk. It seems like the powerful Northern governers, this time backed by their billion-naira state coffers and their political ramming machines have once again given OBJ another bloodline. You can always count on them to retain the status quo.

I wasn't surprised by the result, only by the decisiveness of the victory.  Where were all the politicos constantly condemning OBJ in the media ? Oh well, maybe they all stayed in their Nicon rooms and passed on voting.

Sorry to say but I think OBJ's won the whole thing now and we just have to saddle up for 4 more years.. depressing as it sounds. With the political engine - ie govt. money - behind him I can't see how he can be stopped.

Yes, the anti-corruption commission is a farce. Who's brilliant idea was THAT ?

ps I LOVE politics .. siyasa na jikin jini .. thanks Abu Mujahid !!

Area_Boy

Isn't it surprising that whenever an anti OBJ articule is started on this board, it is allowed to flourish and members even promise to watch the thread "like a hawk" and the moderator will add his own comments to let exchange of "genuine criticism" go ahead. ?when other forumers writes stating facts on how Northern usurpers who haved enjoyed most years after our independence, leaving Nigerians poorer than they met them the moderators and our so called Northern brothers shout it down with dogma inspired tirade. The moderators even go in line and close down a whole thread just because their ideas and perceptions on some northern leaders are in disconcord. If things will continued to be done this way, I think this forum should be called "Northern forum for Northerns" instead of the false general forum we have now. This way, we know nobody is fooling nobody.
amp;quot;A man's life is a journey. Women are the houses the he seeks shelter-stay too long and he becomes deviated from his course." Author Unknown

Anonymous

See us see trouble... see us see Area Boy or na Surburban Boy.....

2 start with....... Man no go fit contribute....so lets assume juss because Obansanjo is d president, then he has 2 zip his mouth and let only his sorbordunates talk. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah it duznt work that way.......... if....... our moderator wan2 chip in he is highly welcome 2 du so. All r free & have a right 2 have their say. Our moderator has nufin 2 du with genuine critism in ur words...let alone givin any1 liberties 2 critise. In my own understandin & judgement, pardon me 2  call u d biggest critiser of all.... U started with Fodio then Binladeen.. ....then d moderator....then northerners & endin up with d whole site.

Any1 is free 2 hike up this site when eva they want...we r not tribalist...all r welcome..but u have 2 understand d hosters of this site neva did label the forum as northeners or southerners but its 4 all & they have d ryt 2 have their say, Infact they or we can all have our say if we disagree or agree. Of course it is a northerners site hosted presented by northerners, I will call it one of d best. Been 2 sites like NRC online, naija & henceforth. I have seen d moderators contribute & iz all gud.....

Hey!! infact I juss cant understand ur problem....Kanoonline is foolin nobody @ all. This site respects all, respects view, opinion & we give a weighed judgement, not judgmental/critism or a one sided thingy.

4 Abacha, leave d man 2 rest......whether his done gud or bad...nutin can change it...his already gone....COMPRENDE?

4 Obasanjo,(she signs) whether we argee or disagree he was a ruler, of course all rulers will get diff responses whether gud or bad.

4 Dan Fodio in 1 of ur topics, he is also a goner, so let him be.

4 Binladeen, u & I both know that we r no first class evidence 2 wat happened, let alone being @ d trade center when it crashed. So whether Usama, AlQaeda,Afgans,Muslims,palestinians, Saddam, whether all did or did not have a hand is this?!!!!!!!ONLY GOD KNOWS.

2 end my reply 2 area boy....I will speak on behalf of fellow members as all r freinds. We r not sayin we will not contribute 2 ur topic. but plz dont go pickty pook.........juss put up ur topic,that r not offensive,containin alot of critics & showin hatred!!! (cuz thats d whole point)

Area Boy........I think u have a problem with d northerners ryt? Well if u dont like it here.........Doors open............plz take ur leave.  But plz bear it in mind. Nija is 1. We r all united & this site is sooooooooooo not in2 TRIBALISM.

DYME!!! I AM ALSO A BIG HATER ON THIS POLITICS ISSUE. ESP WHEN A BAHAUSA SPEAKS OF POLITICS U START GETTIN RAISED EYEBROWS FROM PPL LIKE..............UP THERE

ummita

Fur-real........ Area Boy, I juss had 2 say sumtin again...........
What have u done 2 help d politicians rather than 2 sit around & critise. Whether OBJ threads is being carried on & on is d wish of d doerz.

I still c u as an anti-northerner.

Those in support shud support OBJ. All I know sooner or later dispose+Depose will b all that is left of OBJ.
Y bcuz in d nxt 2-3yrs..................puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeez theres obviously gon' b a new leader ::)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

robbynice

QuoteIsn't it surprising that whenever an anti OBJ articule is started on this board, it is allowed to flourish and members even promise to watch the thread "like a hawk" and the moderator will add his own comments to let exchange of "genuine criticism" go ahead. ?when other forumers writes stating facts on how Northern usurpers who haved enjoyed most years after our independence, leaving Nigerians poorer than they met them the moderators and our so called Northern brothers shout it down with dogma inspired tirade. The moderators even go in line and close down a whole thread just because their ideas and perceptions on some northern leaders are in disconcord. If things will continued to be done this way, I think this forum should be called "Northern forum for Northerns" instead of the false general forum we have now. This way, we know nobody is fooling nobody.
You have a point my brother. I thought I was the only one that noticed it. :o

nura

I like objective arguments, unfortunately our friend Area Boy is not one. Instead of providing arguments to show that his Hero Olusegun Obasanjo's landslide was real and free and fair he was bashing Northerners for what? Who tells him that I am a Northerner and if I am why attack them and even talk bad about the dead.

Ther is nobody in this country that can prove that Abacha was a bad man or a devil as you've said. whatever Abacha did has been done by several others, probably OBJ inclusive and may be even you.

This forum is general perhaps you read Larinsky's contribution, it is an "anybody come inside, everybody is invited" it is a free world and a free internet. But please it is very bad to talk ill of the dead especially when you can not prove a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Anonymous

While I'm not an admin, the idea that the topic by "Larinski" on ("What the North wants") was closed down for being anti-North or pro-OBJ is pure fiction. There are many topics and posts on this site that have listed the many failures of the North (for those who care to read them). This site wouldn't exist if that was really the case.

It's obvious that "Larinski" did not write the article since it was an original article written by a guy named Haruna in one of the Nigerian dailies. "Larinski" did not provide his (assuming he's a guy) source or say what he thought we should focus on in that endless post. He had the opportunity to clarify his position on the article and he didn't.

Also, and I'm sure some of us noticed, the post got particularly personal which I thought was unnecessary and unprofessional. This I think was the last straw.

There were also, if I'm not mistaken, some responses that agreed with some parts, or most, of what was contained in the article.

So please, before you condemn the admins for what they have not done, do a little homework and use your brain (the logical side).

If "Areaboy" and "robbynice" hang around a little longer or read some older topics, they'll find a lot of criticism of Northern Nigerian so-called leaders, their ineffectiveness in improving the lives of Northern masses and their "me-myself-and-I" ways.

Anonymous

If this site is free for all, why did the moderator ban me from accessing this forum? Kdgirl, almost all the post by members here are personal, so that is a lame reason to lock the thread. Just take a look at post by folks like fynedyme whatever and if nothing is personal and left to remain in this forum, then no post should be locked and no one should be banned. As you said, this site is to give different views. Selective standards for different folks only make nonsense of your fair and different view policy.

Anonymous

QuoteSee us see trouble... see us see Area Boy or na Surburban Boy.....

Nah it duznt work that way.......... if....... our moderator wan2 chip in he is highly welcome 2 du so. All r free & have a right 2 have their say. Our moderator has nufin 2 du with genuine critism in ur words...let alone givin any1 liberties 2 critise. In my own understandin & judgement, pardon me 2 ?call u d biggest critiser of all.... U started with Fodio then Binladeen.. ....then d moderator....then northerners & endin up with d whole site.

Any1 is free 2 hike up this site when eva they want...we r not tribalist...all r welcome..but u have 2 understand d hosters of this site neva did label the forum as northeners or southerners but its 4 all & they have d ryt 2 have their say, Infact they or we can all have our say if we disagree or agree. Of course it is a northerners site hosted presented by northerners, I will call it one of d best. Been 2 sites like NRC online, naija & henceforth. I have seen d moderators contribute & iz all gud.....

4 Abacha, leave d man 2 rest......whether his done gud or bad...nutin can change it...his already gone....COMPRENDE?

4 Obasanjo,(she signs) whether we argee or disagree he was a ruler, of course all rulers will get diff responses whether gud or bad.

4 Dan Fodio in 1 of ur topics, he is also a goner, so let him be.

4 Binladeen, u & I both know that we r no first class evidence 2 wat happened, let alone being @ d trade center when it crashed. So whether Usama, AlQaeda,Afgans,Muslims,palestinians, Saddam, whether all did or did not have a hand is this?!!!!!!!ONLY GOD KNOWS.

2 end my reply 2 area boy....I will speak on behalf of fellow members as all r freinds. We r not sayin we will not contribute 2 ur topic. but plz dont go pickty pook.........juss put up ur topic,that r not offensive,containin alot of critics & showin hatred!!! (cuz thats d whole point)

U see I justi liki di wey this gyel dey give correct ansa. Same for others Keep FYNE DYME outta this man!!!! Stop giving exampul with people. Omo jare. Admin nio dey delete people because he hate them but only if their post contain offensive issues(GRAB AND DIGEST). I have esplilain for the second time. the third am gonna weep u......  For this topic i no go comment. guz ma gurl don take am alllllllllll

Blaqueen

i like obasanjo!  ;D

i really dont care who wins... may Allah give the best leader the title!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Aydee Fella

Quote i like obasanjo! ?;D

i really dont care who wins... may Allah give the best leader the title!
Well! if thats thaa case he aint gonna win nuttin.
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Ummulhuda

This topic burns! How did you people generate so much heat that you 've smoked yourselves from the original topic?
For my part on this so interesting topic, I will add that every cloud has a silver lining. So Obasanjo's winning his party's  presidential ticket to Aso Rock once again will only serve to propel Buhari to the top of the (Aso) rock. The political atmosphere surrounding Buhari is electrically charged with such positive energy  and high expectations of an ANPP landslide come April this year. Even Babangida is caught up in the fever.  An upbeat mood is very catching and everyone wants to be on a winning wagon and at the moment, there is no wagon moving at breakneck speed towards Aso Rock as the Buhari/Okadigbo wagon.